OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Honest question. When has a someone gone from Junior coach straight to NHL HC and had any kind of success? That would be a very steep learning curve, imo, as dealing with professionals is an entirely different kettle of fish. I know he has a bit of experience as an NHL Assistant, but none of those stops seem particularly memorable for him.

I like Tourigny and love what he's done with the 67's, but I don't think he's a fit for this group right now. Maybe he's a guy that can go to Belleville if Mann is promoted (not what I want to see, but more realistic than having AT jump straight to the big club).
Its happened more than you think. It happened in Montreal this season, Ducharm essentially changed everything the Habs did. Style of play, mind set on playing the best players not the vets, their systems etc.

Incredible run by the 67's. Whoever they get from the west is going to be a huge upgrade from whoever they have played so far. Cant wait to go to a few games.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Its happened more than you think. It happened in Montreal this season, Ducharm essentially changed everything the Habs did. Style of play, mind set on playing the best players not the vets, their systems etc.

Incredible run by the 67's. Whoever they get from the west is going to be a huge upgrade from whoever they have played so far. Cant wait to go to a few games.

How long of a break do they typically take between rounds? I know that there is the potential of two games back to back if SAG-GUE goes to 7.. I assume then there would be 2 days before the next series starts?

If the series ends tomorrow, would they likely start on Sunday or Monday? My gf is a private contractor and works until 7 quite a bit so I am trying to find some way to successfully plan this while tickets are still cheap (probably because no one knows what day the games will be on :huh:;))

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Guelph won today to tie the series with Saginaw 3-3, the final game will be Monday April 29.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
The 67 are absolutely annihilating everyone. Did not expect them to come out flying like that after the long break.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Awesome game to see live tonight. The reffing was abysmal, but thankfully Ottawa made Guelph pay for that idiotic hit that the refs couldn't ignore. DiPietro was also a beast tonight

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The 67 are absolutely annihilating everyone. Did not expect them to come out flying like that after the long break.
In all fairness the goaltending was at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. They were probably outplayed last night. They need Bahl back. Ohktyuk did well playing in his spot but is not the same player. The difference in the game were special teams, 67s best players sniping and goaltending. Chmlevski is a super star, might be the best all around player in the OHL. Every game I watch he is unreal even at the WJC, I thought he was USA'S best player in the gold medal game. I really wish he was in the Karlsson deal. Id take him over Norris personally.

The reffing was embarrassingly bad how this is the best the OHL has to offer is scary.

Reactions: Deku

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think the Bahl injury hurts them much in this series (other than maybe extending it by an extra game). The 67's SHOULD have the horses to beat Guelph, even without Bahl in the lineup.

Not sure what the timetable is for his recovery, but that's a big loss if he doesn't end up being ready for the Memorial Cup. Rouyn, Halifax and PA/Vancouver are all better than anyone (except the 67's) in the OHL and will be a very tough test (in general, let alone without their top pair defeceman).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Had intended to drive to Ottawa to see some games from Quebec last week, but it never worked out with our schedules. Needed Ottawa to lose a few games for us but never happened. Was pretty disappointed.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I don't think the Bahl injury hurts them much in this series (other than maybe extending it by an extra game). The 67's SHOULD have the horses to beat Guelph, even without Bahl in the lineup.

Not sure what the timetable is for his recovery, but that's a big loss if he doesn't end up being ready for the Memorial Cup. Rouyn, Halifax and PA/Vancouver are all better than anyone (except the 67's) in the OHL and will be a very tough test (in general, let alone without their top pair defeceman).

I agree with this, bahl also handles the puck like a live grenade. And the 67s have three 1st forward lines and 2 of the top 6 goalies in the league. They’ll be fine

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Game two this aft. I'm excited. I really think the Storm are wholly overmatched here, and the refs kept that game much closer than it should've been. Time to keep that gas pedal pressed down, boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad