OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
The 67's are giving away up to 4 free tickets for both games this weekend: London on Friday night and Sudbury at 2:00 PM. The 67's are first place in the entire OHL and look formidable this year. Here's the copy of the tweet from Chris Hofley for anybody interested:

1. Chris Hofley‏Verified account @chrishofley 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Come see the first-place Ottawa 67's in action this weekend. Click the link and use promo code 67SSTF74 for up to 4 free tickets for either (or both) games this weekend. http://www.tdplace.ca/promo-code
    DqIyM3nXcAIJF0i.jpg

Ottawa 67's, OntarioHockeyLeague, Glebe BIA and 5 others
    0 replies7 retweets16 likes

Retweeted 7

Liked 16

Direct message
  2. Chris Hofley

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I'm sure most are well aware, but this team is legit. They've never really quite recovered from the renovations to the arena when they were displaced to Kanata in terms of fan support at games, but this seems to be slowly swaying back the other way....

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Great deal! I hope they fill the house! 67s are definitely worth everyones' entertainment dollars.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Man, it's crazy how the 67's attendance cratered after they were forced to move to Kanata while the Civic Center got renovated, and has basically never recovered.

They used to draw 8k+ on a regular basis. When they left downtown, the season average was hovering around the 7k mark, but they haven't had a single season averaging at least 4k since returning.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I've been to a few games this year so far. I really can't say enough about how good of an afternoon it can be.

I go with my wife and 2 kids and we all love it. On Sundays, they have a deal for a ticket, a hot dog and unlimited pop for $25. You can also bring your skates and they have a public skate after the game with some of the players, the kids really get a kick out of it.

The hockey is awesome, really fun to watch these kids play. That top line of Rossi, Keating and Felhaber will leave you in awe sometimes, insane chemistry between the 3 and it's only going to get better. These guys have a legitimate chance of winning the OHL this season.

To be able to get 4 free tickets is awesome, I'll definitely be taking advantage!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The 67's are giving away up to 4 free tickets for both games this weekend: London on Friday night and Sudbury at 2:00 PM. The 67's are first place in the entire OHL and look formidable this year. Here's the copy of the tweet from Chris Hofley for anybody interested:
Thanks again for the heads-up! Great game. I took my folks to the game and they loved it. What a finish.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Thanks again for the heads-up! Great game. I took my folks to the game and they loved it. What a finish.
Great game indeed! Very similar to the Sens game in terms of how one team dominated the other and eventually prevailed in OT.

I was really impressed by that rookie Rossi kid (maybe Pageau but with better hands?), and the #2 defenseman who reminded me of Phaneuf.

Will definitely be back, the promo worked for us!

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
What another entertaining game on Sunday.

The 67's were all over the Wolves, if it weren't for their goalie (Who definitely should of been one of the games 3 stars) it would have been a blowout. The entire 3rd period was mostly in the Sudbury end.

Seemed like the teams didn't like each other too much! Made for a good game. Have to say though, that was a real dumb move by the Sudbury player to go after the player that got the check from behind penalty.

Was nice to see the building with so many fans, even a few chants were started.

We have definitely turned this into a family outing on Sundays when we can, I think this was our 4th game now. Always fun to go for a skate after the game too!

Reactions: DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
So you can just bring your skates in to the rink with you and the head down after for a skate on the rink?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
So you can just bring your skates in to the rink with you and the head down after for a skate on the rink?

Yeah only after the Sunday games.

You bring your skates and you check them in at the Section 18 guest services before the game. Then once the game is over you go pick them up, and you can tie them either on the player benches or on the other side beside the penalty boxes. They let you skate for 30 minutes and usually a few of the 67's rookies will come out to sign autographs and take pictures. Yesterday Quinn, Tolnai and I think Maggio came out.

Reactions: OD99

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Can we hijack this thread and make it the official 67's thread? If so, can it be renamed accordingly?

Might as well.

Based on their hot start it seems like they'll probably be a topic of discussion all year long. They're (probably) the best team in the OHL and are one of the best in the entire CHL (ranked #4 in the CHL as of now).

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
So how does a 17-yr old Austrian kid (Rossi) end up in Ottawa? Who scouts these guys?

More importantly, how come most of the 67's players have a German-sounding name, and yet our Austrian kid has an Italian-sounding name?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So how does a 17-yr old Austrian kid (Rossi) end up in Ottawa? Who scouts these guys?

More importantly, how come most of the 67's players have a German-sounding name, and yet our Austrian kid has an Italian-sounding name?
CHL import draft.

Lot's of the players agent's doing work calling teams letting them know he is interested in making the trip to the CHL, and then basically a lot of video scouting.

Obviously guys like Hischier/Zadina/etc. have more known about them than a lot, but some guys are literally just word of mouth. There has been a few times guys get selected based on teams hearing things about them and them showing up not as advertised, to put it nicely.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The rumour was that Rossi said he would ONLY come to Canada if he could play for the 67's, so someone must have really sweet talked him about the 67's. Rossi is suppose to be the #2 in the 2020 draft , he played 18 games in the Swiss Pro league last season. He was picked 18th by the 67's in the CHL Import Draft

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The rumour was that Rossi said he would ONLY come to Canada if he could play for the 67's, so someone must have really sweet talked him about the 67's. Rossi is suppose to be the #2 in the 2020 draft , he played 18 games in the Swiss Pro league last season. He was picked 18th by the 67's in the CHL Import Draft
Not sure that's very accurate with Lefrienerre/Holtz/Byfield/Raymond/etc, and he played in the Swiss B league.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Already rated as a potential second-overall pick in the 2020 National Hockey League draft, just behind Rimouski Océanic star Alexis Lafrenière, Rossi provides promise of something to look forward to for the next two seasons at least.

He might have been selected earlier than that, but had apparently targeted the 67’s, “if they drafted me. Otherwise, I would have stayed in Zurich.

67’s fans have been waiting for a true junior hockey superstar for some time, and the Austrian import by way of junior and pro leagues in Switzerland could be that player.

High hopes for new 67’s forward Marco Rossi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->