OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

Discussion in 'Ottawa Senators' started by BarberPole9, Oct 22, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. BarberPole9

BarberPole9 Registered User

The 67's are giving away up to 4 free tickets for both games this weekend: London on Friday night and Sudbury at 2:00 PM. The 67's are first place in the entire OHL and look formidable this year. Here's the copy of the tweet from Chris Hofley for anybody interested:

1. Chris Hofley‏Verified account @chrishofley 2h2 hours ago
      More
      Come see the first-place Ottawa 67's in action this weekend. Click the link and use promo code 67SSTF74 for up to 4 free tickets for either (or both) games this weekend. http://www.tdplace.ca/promo-code
      [​IMG]
      Ottawa 67's, OntarioHockeyLeague, Glebe BIA and 5 others
      0 replies7 retweets16 likes

Retweeted 7

Liked 16

Direct message
    2. [​IMG]Chris Hofley

2. Do Make Say Think

Do Make Say Think & Yet & Yet

Nice.

Thanks for the heads up

BarberPole9 likes this.
  3. hawthy

hawthy Registered User

I'm sure most are well aware, but this team is legit. They've never really quite recovered from the renovations to the arena when they were displaced to Kanata in terms of fan support at games, but this seems to be slowly swaying back the other way....

Nac Mac Feegle likes this.
  4. Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle wee & free

Great deal! I hope they fill the house! 67s are definitely worth everyones' entertainment dollars.

5. Fenix Rises 2026

Fenix Rises 2026 Alfie forever!

Thanks Barber Pole!

6. solidprospect

solidprospect Dzingling

Wendel Clarks son just signed his elc with the caps.47th overall pick last year.

7. BonkTastic

BonkTastic ಠ_ಠ

Man, it's crazy how the 67's attendance cratered after they were forced to move to Kanata while the Civic Center got renovated, and has basically never recovered.

They used to draw 8k+ on a regular basis. When they left downtown, the season average was hovering around the 7k mark, but they haven't had a single season averaging at least 4k since returning.

8. dzingelalltheway

dzingelalltheway Let's win it all -MR

Professor
    Free tickets to quality hockey? Sign me up. Thanks for the heads-up!

DrunkUncleDenis likes this.
  9. Smash88

Smash88 Registered User

I've been to a few games this year so far. I really can't say enough about how good of an afternoon it can be.

I go with my wife and 2 kids and we all love it. On Sundays, they have a deal for a ticket, a hot dog and unlimited pop for $25. You can also bring your skates and they have a public skate after the game with some of the players, the kids really get a kick out of it.

The hockey is awesome, really fun to watch these kids play. That top line of Rossi, Keating and Felhaber will leave you in awe sometimes, insane chemistry between the 3 and it's only going to get better. These guys have a legitimate chance of winning the OHL this season.

To be able to get 4 free tickets is awesome, I'll definitely be taking advantage!

10. BonkTastic

BonkTastic ಠ_ಠ

I wish I could take advantage - one kid has a school event Friday night, the other has a recital Sunday afternoon. :(

11. DrEasy

DrEasy Out rumptackling

Thanks, I just got two free tickets for Sunday! And if it turns out to be fun I might make it a new habit!

12. dzingelalltheway

dzingelalltheway Let's win it all -MR

Professor
    Thanks again for the heads-up! Great game. I took my folks to the game and they loved it. What a finish.

Nac Mac Feegle and BarberPole9 like this.
  13. BarberPole9

BarberPole9 Registered User

What a team we have in Ottawa! I hope to see more of you come check out the number ONE team in the OHL!

Nac Mac Feegle likes this.
  14. DrEasy

DrEasy Out rumptackling

Great game indeed! Very similar to the Sens game in terms of how one team dominated the other and eventually prevailed in OT.

I was really impressed by that rookie Rossi kid (maybe Pageau but with better hands?), and the #2 defenseman who reminded me of Phaneuf.

Will definitely be back, the promo worked for us!

dzingelalltheway likes this.
  15. Smash88

Smash88 Registered User

What another entertaining game on Sunday.

The 67's were all over the Wolves, if it weren't for their goalie (Who definitely should of been one of the games 3 stars) it would have been a blowout. The entire 3rd period was mostly in the Sudbury end.

Seemed like the teams didn't like each other too much! Made for a good game. Have to say though, that was a real dumb move by the Sudbury player to go after the player that got the check from behind penalty.

Was nice to see the building with so many fans, even a few chants were started.

We have definitely turned this into a family outing on Sundays when we can, I think this was our 4th game now. Always fun to go for a skate after the game too!

DrEasy likes this.
  16. OD99

OD99 Registered User

So you can just bring your skates in to the rink with you and the head down after for a skate on the rink?

17. Smash88

Smash88 Registered User

Yeah only after the Sunday games.

You bring your skates and you check them in at the Section 18 guest services before the game. Then once the game is over you go pick them up, and you can tie them either on the player benches or on the other side beside the penalty boxes. They let you skate for 30 minutes and usually a few of the 67's rookies will come out to sign autographs and take pictures. Yesterday Quinn, Tolnai and I think Maggio came out.

OD99 likes this.
  18. DrEasy

DrEasy Out rumptackling

Can we hijack this thread and make it the official 67's thread? If so, can it be renamed accordingly?

19. stempniaksen

stempniaksen Registered User

Student
    Might as well.

Based on their hot start it seems like they'll probably be a topic of discussion all year long. They're (probably) the best team in the OHL and are one of the best in the entire CHL (ranked #4 in the CHL as of now).

DrEasy likes this.
  20. DrEasy

DrEasy Out rumptackling

So how does a 17-yr old Austrian kid (Rossi) end up in Ottawa? Who scouts these guys?

More importantly, how come most of the 67's players have a German-sounding name, and yet our Austrian kid has an Italian-sounding name?

21. bert

bert Registered User

Home Page:
    Went to the game on Friday, was really really entertaining great hockey.

22. BondraTime

BondraTime Registered User

CHL import draft.

Lot's of the players agent's doing work calling teams letting them know he is interested in making the trip to the CHL, and then basically a lot of video scouting.

Obviously guys like Hischier/Zadina/etc. have more known about them than a lot, but some guys are literally just word of mouth. There has been a few times guys get selected based on teams hearing things about them and them showing up not as advertised, to put it nicely.

DrEasy likes this.
  23. mianjo

mianjo Registered User

The rumour was that Rossi said he would ONLY come to Canada if he could play for the 67's, so someone must have really sweet talked him about the 67's. Rossi is suppose to be the #2 in the 2020 draft , he played 18 games in the Swiss Pro league last season. He was picked 18th by the 67's in the CHL Import Draft

Panic at the Back and DrEasy like this.
  24. BondraTime

BondraTime Registered User

Not sure that's very accurate with Lefrienerre/Holtz/Byfield/Raymond/etc, and he played in the Swiss B league.

25. mianjo

mianjo Registered User

Already rated as a potential second-overall pick in the 2020 National Hockey League draft, just behind Rimouski Océanic star Alexis Lafrenière, Rossi provides promise of something to look forward to for the next two seasons at least.

He might have been selected earlier than that, but had apparently targeted the 67’s, “if they drafted me. Otherwise, I would have stayed in Zurich.

67’s fans have been waiting for a true junior hockey superstar for some time, and the Austrian import by way of junior and pro leagues in Switzerland could be that player.

High hopes for new 67’s forward Marco Rossi

Panic at the Back and DrEasy like this.