OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm in Boisbriand from the 25th-29th and then will be making the trip to Ottawa until the 5th, here's hoping I'll get to see some 67's games. Will be a great 10 days of hockey.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
When Oshawa looks back on this series, they'll think about that third period of Game 1, choking away a 4-2 lead. When you're playing a team like the 67's you'd better take advantage of your opportunities - that was their chance to steal a game in Ottawa and take advantage of a subpar game from DiPietro, and they couldn't seal the deal. 67's win this one in four or five now...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
7000+ were at this one. Dominating performance once again! Chmelevski with the deserved first star.
It was very tight until midway through the third. Much closer game than the score indicated.

Quick turn around to game 3 today, they have all the momentum hopefully they carry that to a win tonight.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm a bit worried about the potential long-break if the 67's can take care of business in 4, since I think Guelph/Saginaw goes the distance. They'd likely be looking at a full week off in that scenario.

Pretty incredible what this team has been able to accomplish though. I don't remember a team ever having the effective depth the 67's do. They can essentially roll out 3 "top" lines as it's currently set-up. I feel like other teams can always hang around early, but they get gassed, whereas the 67's always look better in the 2nd half of games.

Maksimovich and Chiodo were incredible pick-ups, those guys are doing exactly what you would want/expect from OA's. They're both (essentally) 2 PPG guys so far in this playoffs and they've just taken their games to a whole new level. That's awesome production from anyone, but considering they are doing that from the "3rd line" and it's even more impressive.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm a bit worried about the potential long-break if the 67's can take care of business in 4, since I think Guelph/Saginaw goes the distance. They'd likely be looking at a full week off in that scenario.
We said the same after the first and second rounds. The first game back is always the rustiest but I don't think it's something we need to worry about too much. We've overcome it a few times already.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
We said the same after the first and second rounds. The first game back is always the rustiest but I don't think it's something we need to worry about too much. We've overcome it a few times already.

Didn't really matter in Round 2 since Sudbury was also coming off a sweep. Point taken though, as it obviously hasn't affected them that much so far in Round 3 (other than the first half of Game 1). I just think Guelph/Saginaw will be a much tougher test than the Generals, and coming out the same way they did in Game 1 against the Gens could have bigger consequences against the Western teams.

It's a small point though, as this is the most stacked 67's team (top to bottom) I can remember watching.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if the Sens take a good look at André Tourigny for head coach next season? They could do worse & have & he would probably be cheap.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I wonder if the Sens take a good look at André Tourigny for head coach next season? They could do worse & have & he would probably be cheap.

Honest question. When has a someone gone from Junior coach straight to NHL HC and had any kind of success? That would be a very steep learning curve, imo, as dealing with professionals is an entirely different kettle of fish. I know he has a bit of experience as an NHL Assistant, but none of those stops seem particularly memorable for him.

I like Tourigny and love what he's done with the 67's, but I don't think he's a fit for this group right now. Maybe he's a guy that can go to Belleville if Mann is promoted (not what I want to see, but more realistic than having AT jump straight to the big club).

Reactions: aragorn

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Honest question. When has a someone gone from Junior coach straight to NHL HC and had any kind of success? That would be a very steep learning curve, imo, as dealing with professionals is an entirely different kettle of fish. I know he has a bit of experience as an NHL Assistant, but none of those stops seem particularly memorable for him.

Tourigny has NHL experience

On June 24, 2013, Tourigny opted to pursue an NHL coaching career in accepting an assistant coaching role to fellow former QMHL coach Patrick Roy with the Colorado Avalanche.[2] After two seasons with the Avalanche as their primary defensive coach, Tourigny, seeking a head coaching position, resigned from his position on May 17, 2015.
On July 3, 2015, Tourigny was named as an assistant coach of the Ottawa Senators.
On April 12, 2016, Tourigny was fired as an assistant coach of the Ottawa Senators.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
yeah-baby-meme-14.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->