OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
DiPietro was on crutches post-game, which makes sense given that he clearly pulled or tore something - he went down like he'd been hit by a sniper. Now, 19 year olds have amazing recuperative abilities, but it's hard to imagine him back this week. Thank God for the great depth in goal the 67's have...

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
DiPietro was on crutches post-game, which makes sense given that he clearly pulled or tore something - he went down like he'd been hit by a sniper. Now, 19 year olds have amazing recuperative abilities, but it's hard to imagine him back this week. Thank God for the great depth in goal the 67's have...
I believe Tourigny has said he has a first degree high ankle sprain and will likely be out for games 3 and 4 at minimum.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oof - 67's pulled their first no show of the playoffs last night. I guess they were due. Now comes Game 4, the most pivotal game of any series. Are the 67's rattled, or ticked off and ready to come out flying? I watched last night's game on Rogers, and they didn't look anything like the team I saw at home in game 1 - they were flat, losing puck battles all over the ice.

The first ten minutes tomorrow night are critical - 67's need to take control, hopefully get an early lead, and send the message that it's going to be a different game.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
High ankle sprain - he won't be back for this series, and would have to be considered doubtful for the Memorial Cup also at this point.

Yeah massive blow to this team.

Although I thought I read that it was a grade 1 sprain so I suppose there is a chance he might return this series or Memorial Cup if we make it.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Wasn't he technically only ruled out for games 3 and 4 in Guelph so far?

I mean, I wouldn't expect him back for this series at all, but I haven't heard anything official ruling him out.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Classic Ottawa letdown incoming, you just know it is.
They were awful again last night. Quite a few guys out for a Sunday Skate. On Guelphs 4th goal in a 15 second sequence 3 players tried back hand sauce passes up the middle of the ice that were picked off. You dont even see that in pick up skates in the summer. This ones over in 6 if these guys dont start playing.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Relax guys, the series is tied at 2, and the next game is at home.

I agree the effort was lacking the past 2 games, but that happens in the playoffs. We were spoiled because they went on a 14 game winning streak, but that isn't the norm at all.

They will regroup and play a better game at home, hopefully pull out a win.

This talk of the series being over is nonsense.

"It's not a series until you lose a game at home"

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The only reason I think it is over is because the 67's are an Ottawa team.

Ottawa teams tend to choke/disappoint/fail when everything is going their way.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Game two this aft. I'm excited. I really think the Storm are wholly overmatched here, and the refs kept that game much closer than it should've been. Time to keep that gas pedal pressed down, boys.
This hasn't aged well. But it's a new series now and we still have home ice advantage. Just gotta get back in that lunch pail mentality and start scrapping for every inch again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad