OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
67's beat Byfield's Wolves 6-3 today. Rossi with a goal and an assist, Jack Quinn with 2 goals and an assist on the empty-netter.

Reactions: Smash88

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sens fans should get themselves out to a 67's game to go see Marco Rossi play in person. At that point, you'll be feeling a whole lot better about picking 8th overall. ;-) This kid is a stud - vision and hockey sense coming out his ears and generates offense every time he is on the ice. He is going to be a very nice NHL player for a long time - I think he compares pretty nicely to Sean Monahan or Logan Couture...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
67s swung a deal for Owen sound Groulx . Physical forward

Was hope they would address the center ice position, they needed grit but if Hoelscher or Rossi go down they are likely toast come playoff time. Their two rivals both added elite pieces in Tomasino in Oshawa and Akil Thomas in Peterborough who ended the 67s 17 game winning streak on Saturday.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Feels like the team should have made more of an effort to go "all in" again. I know the DiPietro move last year didn't work out as planned given the injury, but he was still a big part reaching the league championship. Now that this team is amongst the best in the CHL (ranked #1 as of now) I feel like they would have been better served making a bigger and/or splashier move.

Junior hockey is typically cyclical and the teams who end up going all the way are (more often than not) teams who loaded up for one specific run in one specific year. We've been lucky enough to see this team come back even stronger than last season, but the downturn is coming next season and this is (likely) the teams best remaining chance at an OHL Championship/Memorial Cup for a long time.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Feels like the team should have made more of an effort to go "all in" again. I know the DiPietro move last year didn't work out as planned given the injury, but he was still a big part reaching the league championship. Now that this team is amongst the best in the CHL (ranked #1 as of now) I feel like they would have been better served making a bigger and/or splashier move.

Junior hockey is typically cyclical and the teams who end up going all the way are (more often than not) teams who loaded up for one specific run in one specific year. We've been lucky enough to see this team come back even stronger than last season, but the downturn is coming next season and this is (likely) the teams best remaining chance at an OHL Championship/Memorial Cup for a long time.
Adding Clarke should be huge. With this likely being it for Rossi it might have been nice to add that 3LC and another vet D to help make a push.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Seating at The Arena. It once held ~ 10,000 fans. Today it is ~ 5800. Where did the extra seats go?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
@bert

Credit where credit is due. Bahl was awesome last night, maybe the best game I’ve seen him play. Really aware and skated like a new man, it was great to see.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
@bert

Credit where credit is due. Bahl was awesome last night, maybe the best game I’ve seen him play. Really aware and skated like a new man, it was great to see.
Thank you, something you certainy didnt have to do or say given our discussions. Appreciated.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seating at The Arena. It once held ~ 10,000 fans. Today it is ~ 5800. Where did the extra seats go?

Most of it is behind curtains - they basically curtained off the upper rows, and only use those for playoffs now. They also created some "viewing decks" where seats used to be.

Finally, the boxes up top are all closed now, and have been since it re-opened in 2014. Word is that they are structurally unsound, and need to be completely redone. That's big expense that OSEG is not exactly anxious to take on, so all of those boxes are mothballed right now...

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Most of it is behind curtains - they basically curtained off the upper rows, and only use those for playoffs now. They also created some "viewing decks" where seats used to be.

Finally, the boxes up top are all closed now, and have been since it re-opened in 2014. Word is that they are structurally unsound, and need to be completely redone. That's big expense that OSEG is not exactly anxious to take on, so all of those boxes are mothballed right now...

Where does OSEG and Hunt fit in? ..Did he turn ownership over, or did he retain the 67's as an independent entity? 2 years ago, it seemed like he left OSEG. I had always assumed he retained ownership of the 67's and while they play at TD place, they were still somewhat his property in an independent manner.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Where does OSEG and Hunt fit in? ..Did he turn ownership over, or did he retain the 67's as an independent entity? 2 years ago, it seemed like he left OSEG. I had always assumed he retained ownership of the 67's and while they play at TD place, they were still somewhat his property in an independent manner.

Hunt basically sold his interest in the 67's when he joined the OSEG group. OSEG owns them now, and he has now moved away from day to day involvement with them. In essence, the 67's aren't his anymore.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Perfetti vs Rossi today at 2PM.
What are the chances 3 top scorers in OHL have Italian names?

upload_2020-1-26_13-17-16.png

Reactions: DrEasy

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I wonder if Colin White would benefit from some time playing with the 67s?

Reactions: OD99

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67s just picked Kasper Simontaival with the last pick in the import draft. Wonder what the odds of him reporting are?

They also took Ottawa 67s first pick is Vsevolod Gaidamak from Russia, a 6 ft. 187 lbs center. He was born on April 9 2003.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad