OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Pretty unbelievable choke.

This might be worse than any choke the Senators ever pulled off. Disgusting effort by the 67's once the going got tough.

Full marks to the Storm: they completely outclassed Ottawa in every way.

Sens vs Leafs in 2001 is way (WAY) worse than this, imo. Tough to beat the Sens when it comes to choking/disappointment though, they set a high bar.

It's tough for me sewer the 67's too hard, as it (clearly, imo) would have been a different series with DiPietro in nets. I'm definitely not excusing the 67's overall effort or (lack of)execution in the last four games, but the step down from MD to CA changed the series (and subsequently, the season).

The way the season ended leaves a bitter taste after the fantastic regular season + 14 straight playoff wins. I really would have liked to see them in the Memorial Cup, even though I think they would have been outclassed by the Q/Dub teams without Mikey in nets.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Well, that was hard to watch.

Not much to say, Guelph definitely deserved it, they turned it up and Ottawa couldn't match. (Which is ironic, as that's basically what Ottawa did to other teams all year long)

The team definitely lost confidence once DiPietro went down. They abandoned a lot of what made them successful all year long. Andree played well, but did let in a few softies that I'm sure he would want back. I expect him to be very good next year, that series was definitely a learning experience that will serve him well in the future.

Was a great season and we definitely had a lot of fun over the year going to the games. Will be fun to watch next season if they can continue to be this good and finish the job.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sens vs Leafs in 2001 is way (WAY) worse than this, imo. Tough to beat the Sens when it comes to choking/disappointment though, they set a high bar.

It's tough for me sewer the 67's too hard, as it (clearly, imo) would have been a different series with DiPietro in nets. I'm definitely not excusing the 67's overall effort or (lack of)execution in the last four games, but the step down from MD to CA changed the series (and subsequently, the season).

The way the season ended leaves a bitter taste after the fantastic regular season + 14 straight playoff wins. I really would have liked to see them in the Memorial Cup, even though I think they would have been outclassed by the Q/Dub teams without Mikey in nets.
The loss had alot more to do with Guelph being much better and the 67s not knowing how to respond to adversity.

The Bahl injury was far more detrimental than Dipietro. Andree was not the reason they lost. Game 4 after getting spanked in game 3 was one of the worst push back efforts ive seen from a team in my life. I knew it was done after that game. Chmlevski was one of the only players competing like the season was on the line what a player.

Noel Hoefenmier is a horrible selfish hockey player. Once Bahl was injured it exposed how bad he is. No way Arizona signs him.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Arizona hasn't signed Hoefenmeyer by now, they won't. I expect him back with the 67's as one of the overage players. I have a feeling that Keating could be one of the others. I would expect that DiPietro and Chemelevski go pro. Marco Rossi in his draft year is going to be a sight to behold - he will be a top ten, possibly a top five pick in June 2020.

Bahl was clearly hurt - his mobility was compromised when he came back. Full marks to the kid for gutting it out, but we needed him full strength to deal with the Suzuki line. That line just ran roughshod over us for four games straight, and there was seemingly nothing we could do about it.

Check back at Christmas, though - Ottawa should still be one of the top teams in the OHL, as this group has possibly one more run left in them before they have to re-tool. Guelph, on the other hand, will be in the basement and they know it - they shoved all their chips into the middle of the table to make a run this year.

FWIW, I've got Prince Albert to win the Memorial Cup...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Anyone else find the Bitten trade very strange?

Me too. I checked the main 67's board to see what I was missing, and they all seem somewhat perplexed also. Bitten is a local kid, well regarded by the organization, and wasn't taking up an OA spot. There must be some other moves afoot that will see a top six forward move in here, possibly an overager, because otherwise it doesn't make much sense. They sure didn't get much for him either...

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That's a really weird article.

First off, it mentions how he's rated as high as the 2nd overall pick in 2020. I haven't seen this anywhere at all, I'm not even sure I've see top-five too many places recently. It's not an indictment on Rossi (who I really really like) but it seems like a silly thing for the Sun to embellish.

Second, it mentions 67's fan waiting for the "next one" when referencing a young star player on their team. They mention Peter Lee and Andrew Cassels and Alyn McAuley but the 67's have seen a handful of real good young players in that time frame. We aren't the Knights, but guys like Travis Konecny, Logan Couture, Sean Monahan and Tyler Toffoli have come through in the last decade. All PPG++ and all have gone on to good/great NHL careers.

Rossi is still awesome though. He's a magician out there, he's got some Datsuyk in him.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Went and watched the 67’s stomp the Sarnia Sting today . I enjoyed it .

far easier on the wallet then NHL Sens hockey, daughter did the Halloween costume parade with the other kids , and TD place is just plain better experience parking, concessions , activities and ambiance .

I know its far fewer people and OHL hockey .

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It feels like they are 1 really good forward away from being the best team in the OHL hands down. Niagra isnt bery good and Akil Thomas is going to pro next season. What would it take to get him.

Also i know Rossi gets all the draft hype but man Quinn is really good too. Also speaking of Rossi he leads the OHL in PPG.

Reactions: DrEasy

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
AJ Jakubec was raving about Rossi the other day on TSN1200. Now, AJ is admittedly biased because he is the home play by play guy, but he said that if Rossi is ranked #12 by Central Scouting, as he is currently, then you know it is a deep draft coming up because that kid is going to be a great NHL player for many years. I see a lot of Logan Couture in Rossi, and if he ends up being the kind of player Couture has been he'll be doing fine.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->