OT: HFWild 2017 Fantasy Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Also we did the draft lottery: Wild11MN picked closer so he's won the first overall pick.

So the draft order is something like:

1. Wild11MN's team
2. The Other Expansion Team
3. Saskatoon Stickers
4. Will Tank For Beer
5. Stoppable Force
6. Victorious Secret
7. Can't Yandle This
8. The Paper Tigers
9. Sir Charles
10. Glass Cannons
11. Moveable Object
12. Unstoppable Farce
13. Tyra's Team - TBA
14. Double Yellow Liners

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'll have to check but that looks about right.

One option I've kicked around is drafting draft positions if we do a snake draft.

In other words, the person with the first "pick" would pick his place in the snake order, then the 2nd would pick his position, etc, since it's considered advantageous to be near one end or the other of the order in a snake draft.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'll have to check but that looks about right.

One option I've kicked around is drafting draft positions if we do a snake draft.

In other words, the person with the first "pick" would pick his place in the snake order, then the 2nd would pick his position, etc, since it's considered advantageous to be near one end or the other of the order in a snake draft.

Hm. Nah, doesn't sound necessary to me. Let's just do either a normal draft or a normal snake draft, that's getting a tad too complicated.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
You wouldn't have had a chance anyway unless you didn't keep any players at all. :dunno:

I didn't.

So the draft order is something like:

1. Wild11MN's team
2. The Other Expansion Team
3. Saskatoon Stickers
4. Will Tank For Beer
5. Stoppable Force
6. Victorious Secret
7. Can't Yandle This
8. The Paper Tigers
9. Sir Charles
10. Glass Cannons
11. Moveable Object
12. Unstoppable Farce
13. Tyra's Team - TBA
14. Double Yellow Liners

So I go from worst team to 6th pick?

0d0u0NX.png

How am I 9th? Least points. Least wins. Lowest winning percentage.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
I didn't.

0d0u0NX.png

I guess the ranking is according to the playoffs. I mean also the consolation playoffs results are taken into account. I think.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I didn't.

0d0u0NX.png

You're not keeping anyone on your roster? Really?

Also that's probably consolation standings. I'll do consolation teams in order based on regular season record since I think all our teams were locked once the regular season ended.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well, since it looks like the date that works for the most people is October 4th, we should probably just go ahead with that date unless the people who DIDN'T vote for the 27th, 28th, and 29th want to change their mind and okay one of those days.

Since it looks like at least a few of us won't be able to make the draft no matter what, you should be looking for people you can trust to draft in your place and adding them as co-managers. Either that or sacrifice something to the Gods of the Autodraft and pray you somehow pick up some gold.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Our draft date will be October 4th, and I will leave the time as is if that's okay with everyone.

Keeper date is 3 days before that. After that date has passed I'll assign the keepers in our draft order.

Lapa and Vashanesh, do you two think you'll be able to find someone to stand in and draft for you?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Also, what's everyone calling their team this year? That way I can get them all in the OP with the right owners, since half of you use different names on Yahoo.

Oh, and do we need to realign or rename our divisions at all?

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Our draft date will be October 4th, and I will leave the time as is if that's okay with everyone.

Keeper date is 3 days before that. After that date has passed I'll assign the keepers in our draft order.

Lapa and Vashanesh, do you two think you'll be able to find someone to stand in and draft for you?

I don't know anyone personally that I'd trust. Buuuuuuut, if I can con my wife into driving, I may be able to make it on mobile and pray I don't lose signal? I don't know, I'm exploring options.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
You should be able to draft on mobile...but then again Fantasy hockey isnt the sacred cash cow Fantasy Football is so you never know with yahoo.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Also, what's everyone calling their team this year? That way I can get them all in the OP with the right owners, since half of you use different names on Yahoo.

Oh, and do we need to realign or rename our divisions at all?

I might just stay with my screen name. Otherwise my other name in the field:

Kane didnt hear DaNO

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
You know what? I think I'm only going to do two keepers. Nikita Kucherov is great and all that...but there is a decent chance at getting a better player. Or at least I should be able to pick him up later on. Maybe.

Giroux and Quick for me.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Snake draft it is then. I'll set draft order and what not after the keeper deadline date so I can assign keeper players as draft picks at that point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad