OT: HFWild 2017 Fantasy Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I wish our members were more active so we could quickly decide on a date. That 3rd would work for me as well, if it works for everyone else I'd see if I can grab a time slot that day.

I'm down with Saturday or Sunday (3rd or 4th). Friday, too, if it's late enough, but that won't work for many other Finns so eh.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I'm out on the 3rd and 4th, though I'll be home on the 4th by ~5pm CST.

If I'm the only one who's stuck, that's fine. I'm not going to lie, auto drafting in a keeper league is quite possibly the least enjoyable thing I've ever been a part of, but if the options don't exist to move to another day, then there's not much I can do.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm travelling from Oct 3rd to 5th.

Week earlier okay?

I'm extremely opposed to this as we won't know nearly as much about injuries and the like a whole week earlier.

But if everyone else wants it, we'll do that.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm extremely opposed to this as we won't know nearly as much about injuries and the like a whole week earlier.

But if everyone else wants it, we'll do that.

I can't do that weekend, since Blancpain Endurance Series starts over at iRacing and my people need me. Or, if I can, it's Thursday or Sunday.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This date thing is a real headache. And here I thought it would be settled cause there seemed to be consensus on the initial poll.

Ugh. I'm really opposed to doing the draft on the 26th or 27th, but if the rest of you guys are okay with it, we can do that.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm good any day as long as it is 3pm Central time or later.

And for our Keepers, if we select a player to keep, we lose a draft pick, correct?

Right. You lose your first pick for your first keeper, 2nd for your 2nd, 3rd for your 3rd.

Next year, with two prospect keepers, it will be up to 5.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
As long as I get notice a few days before, I'm good for any week day after 630 or so, and any weekend at any time.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Right. You lose your first pick for your first keeper, 2nd for your 2nd, 3rd for your 3rd.

Next year, with two prospect keepers, it will be up to 5.

For the sake of discussion, is this really how we want to do it? There's not many prospects out there short of the #1 overall pick that jump right into the big leagues that are worthy of a 4th or 5th rounder in fantasy. Especially if the requirement is under 25 games played.

So say we did prospects last year and we get to keep two of them.. Looking at the rookies entering the league this year I don't think there's a single player I would spend a 4th or 5th on. I imagine most people would opt to drop their prospects and take the picks instead. Obviously there's going to be a prospect here and there that would be worth it.. But not as a whole.

Would keeping two prospects for free until the season after they play >25 games be a better option? At least we'd have a firmer grasp on what kind of production we could anticipate if 4th and 5th round picks are the price of keeping them.

As long as I get notice a few days before, I'm good for any week day after 630 or so, and any weekend at any time.

Think the goal was to keep it earlier in the day (on a weekend) so the Finnish brethren can do a draft that isn't at 3:30 in the morning for them.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Think the goal was to keep it earlier in the day (on a weekend) so the Finnish brethren can do a draft that isn't at 3:30 in the morning for them.

Yeah, that would be preferable. My schedule is p. flexible outside of races (Friday evenings and BES Endurance on every other weekend) but I assume many others would have problems with drafts starting at midnight.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well what about say, thursday evening around 6CT? I know that's a little late for the finns, but we need to pin down a date that allows people to at least draft from their phones.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Well what about say, thursday evening around 6CT? I know that's a little late for the finns, but we need to pin down a date that allows people to at least draft from their phones.

Which Thursday?

I typically work until 6 but I can get my shift switched around to get out a bit early if I have a heads up.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Allright everyone cough up a date or two that would work best for them and I'll make a poll in the next 24 hours and we will pick a date that works best.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
September 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, October 01, 02, 03...and so on.

Any weekend I can get it done. Any weekday I can get it done as long as it is after 6PM Minnesota time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln