OT: HFWild 2017 Fantasy Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
What I'll do tomorrow is put each one of these proposed dates up as multiple choice poll and each date that works for you, you check.

Whichever date has the most votes is when we will do the draft.

The keeper declaration date will be set three days before the draft.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
We are just doing the three keepers, correct?

We aren't keeping prospects from our current rosters, just going forward with it right? Did we figure out a system going forward what that takes away from our draft position? Do we lose picks #4 and #5 if we keep two prospects?

Been a bit busy lately and forgot some things.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We're keeping 3 players from last years rosters. One of which may be a goalie.

The prospects are going forward, so start considering who you want to target in the draft to be your prospect keepers for next year. Next year you can keep up to 5 players, one of which may be a non-prospect goalie, and two of which are prospect-only, if used.

And we have not yet come to a consensus on what constitutes a prospect for the purposes of our rosters.

At this point what I think would be best is that a player is a prospect if they are waiver exempt AND on an entry level deal. Thoughts?

Also, Sharppi has re-joined as owner of Karlssons of Anarchy.

Wild11MN has been given the first expansion slot.
We now need to find an owner for the 2nd expansion slot. Hopefully that happens soon.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Glad to join. I've sort of been following the whole keepers/prospects discussions, but not fully. Would it be possible to get all of the rules in one spot once they've been decided on? I think that would clear things up for everybody.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'll sit down and put everything in the OP later this week. For now just look at the league settings. The only changes are I'll probably be bumping the bench length up by two spots for accommodate the prospects.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Can I already somehow tag my keepers?

h3q5DfW.jpg

There ^

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Now that my team is called "Stoppable force", someone should rename their team to "Moveable object".

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'll keep my Crosby and my Karlsson, thank you very much. Also keeping Duchene, which is bit of a gamble.

Now that my team is called "Stoppable force", someone should rename their team to "Moveable object".

Done. :naughty:

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Set my keepers.

Claude Giroux, Nikita Kucherov, and Jonathan Quick

Practically no-brainers. Giroux is my favorite player in the league. Kucherov is a boss. Quick is...Quick. Kind of had to debate between him and Fleury but for the most part Quick is better. Fleury will probably get more wins, though. Pittsburgh is going to be good this year.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I got 5 guys who I wanted to keep, 2 forwards, 1 D & 2 goalies.

I had a massive internal battle that which one to keep, Lundqvist or Rask. I weighted all the options and after considering things, I chose to look at things objectively. Rangers > Bruins.

Ended up keeping D. Sedin & Datsuk and King Henrik as a goalie. Have to drop Letang & Rask.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
I've been playing fantasy hockey for years (2-time defending champ may I add :naughty:) but never in a keeper league. For the record: it's a snake draft as usual aside from the fact that newcomers to the league are slightly disadvantaged as they aren't bringing existing players in with them? Anything else that I'm missing? Either way I'm willing to take the last spot

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I thought we were going to do a straight up unsnaked draft since last year was the last year without keepers.

I guess that's up to everyone here. I'm open to snake and non-snake.

If you PM me your email address, I will send you the final invite and then I will set the playoffs to 8 teams as discussed.

I'll then find someone to be the trusted third party for the draft lottery to see which expansion team picks first overall. Lets say saturday is the day I'll reveal what the numbers were and who wins the lottery.

Assuming all the existing teams use all three keepers, the first three rounds will be nothing but the two expansion teams.

Once we've settled on a draft date, I'll post a list of all keeper players here so the expansion teams can see who wont be available.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Non-snake would be better, this gives some edge to the expansion franchises and the worse teams. You guys already have your Crosbys and Ovies.

Can we actually trade already?

edit: No we can't before draft. I'd have gladly traded Rask for someone in need of a goalie.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Wait, are we not transferring the teams to the new owners where they can then choose who to keep from that team's roster? Or are all the players from the transferred teams going into the draft/free agent pool?

If everyone can keep their choice of 3 players then I'd prefer a snake draft using last year's standings to determine the order. Even playing field. Assuming everyone keeps 3 players, one manager having the 1st pick and the 13th pick and another having the 12th and the 24th doesn't seem all that fair.. Pretty significant advantage.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Wait, are we not transferring the teams to the new owners where they can then choose who to keep from that team's roster? Or are all the players from the transferred teams going into the draft/free agent pool?

If everyone can keep their choice of 3 players then I'd prefer a snake draft using last year's standings to determine the order. Even playing field. Assuming everyone keeps 3 players, one manager having the 1st pick and the 13th pick and another having the 12th and the 24th doesn't seem all that fair.. Pretty significant advantage.

One team transferred hands when Tomibertfan dropped out. FVM is that teams new owner. That's the only ownership change we have except for the two expansion teams.

The expansion teams DO NOT have anyone to keep. Snake or non-snake, assuming every existing team from last year uses all three keepers, the first 6 actual picks of the draft will be going to the expansion teams, which in theory means they get the 6 best players who are not declared as keepers by any other teams.

If someone doesn't keep three players, they can get an earlier pick in, and if by chance someone doesn't use any keepers, they'll have the third pick overall. The expansion teams will be picking 1-2. The lottery will determine who gets the first pick and who gets McDavid, assuming that person wants McDavid.

I'm pretty sure we talked about doing non-snake based on last years standings, but we can do snake as well if that's what everyone wants.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Even if it would be to my advantage, I just don't think non-snake is very fair. But maybe others disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille