OT: HFWild 2017 Fantasy Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yes once the keeper deadline (3 days before our draft when we figure that date out) has passed I will post all the keeper players here.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Both expansion slots have been filled and the draft lottery will be taking place sometime in the next few days, as soon as both Wild11MN and DUMBA55 get their numbers to myself and Fugu, who has volunteered to help ensure that no shenanigans take place. :nod:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I assume everyone will keep a goalie so...

Can we see other peoples keepers before the draft?

Everyone is probably keeping a goalie, but there are some that are getting dropped that are pretty darn good. I'm dropping Fleury and Jon Bernier, Sharppi is dropping Tuukka Rask.

There will be some quality tenders still available.

Hell, I'm bored so I'll do some of Avder's work for him. Here are all the confirmed keepers that are not available:

Player Name | Position | Team | Manager
Sidney Crosby | C | Moveable Object | Lapa
Pavel Datsyuk | C | Stoppable Force | Sharppi
Matt Duchene | C | Moveable Object | Lapa
Claude Giroux | C/RW | Tyra's Team - TBA | tyratoku
Erik Karlsson | D | Moveable Object | Lapa
Nikita Kucherov | RW | Tyra's Team - TBA | tyratoku
Henrik Lundqvist | G | Stoppable Force | Sharppi
Alex Ovechkin | LW/RW | Saskatoon Stickers | Puhis
Jonathan Quick | G | Tyra's Team - TBA | tyratoku
Daniel Sedin | LW | Stoppable Force | Sharppi

There is everyone thus far posted in this thread. There are some obvious keepers like Toews, Seguin, Benn, and so on but I figured I'd wait until they post to make sure.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Everyone is probably keeping a goalie, but there are some that are getting dropped that are pretty darn good. I'm dropping Fleury and Jon Bernier, Sharppi is dropping Tuukka Rask.

There will be some quality tenders still available.

Hell, I'm bored so I'll do some of Avder's work for him. Here are all the confirmed keepers that are not available:

Player Name | Position | Team | Manager
Sidney Crosby | C | Moveable Object | Lapa
Pavel Datsyuk | C | Stoppable Force | Sharppi
Matt Duchene | C | Moveable Object | Lapa
Claude Giroux | C/RW | Tyra's Team - TBA | tyratoku
Erik Karlsson | D | Moveable Object | Lapa
Nikita Kucherov | RW | Tyra's Team - TBA | tyratoku
Henrik Lundqvist | G | Stoppable Force | Sharppi
Alex Ovechkin | LW/RW | Saskatoon Stickers | Puhis
Jonathan Quick | G | Tyra's Team - TBA | tyratoku
Daniel Sedin | LW | Stoppable Force | Sharppi

There is everyone thus far posted in this thread. There are some obvious keepers like Toews, Seguin, Benn, and so on but I figured I'd wait until they post to make sure.

You can add Stamkos to the table. I'm PROBABLY keeping Bishop over Varlamov. Have to think about who my third one is gonna be.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
For Patrick Kane, I would vote that you are able to drop him in favor of another keeper. Then there is an honor agreement between us that nobody drafts him and that if he is found not guilty, then you can drop one of those three keepers to pick Kane back up. Whoever you drop for that third keeper just goes straight to the waiver wire and whoever is in last place or has first waiver claim or whatever can pick him up.

If he's found guilty, nobody would want him anyway.

How does that sound for everybody?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Appreciate the offer and generosity. I think the writing is on the wall that Kane is going to be cleared of the charges, so it shouldn't be an issue. Think I'll wait til around the deadline anyways. We'll see, though.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well we've got that whole precedent I set when Varlamov got charged, sO i don't see why it wouldn't apply to Kane.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Poll is up, vote on ANY AND ALL dates you can make work.
Time will probably be late afternoon-early evening central time.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We've still got a couple league members who have yet to vote on it.

VOTE ALREADY YOU NONVOTERS

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
We've still got a couple league members who have yet to vote on it.

VOTE ALREADY YOU NONVOTERS

I'd vote for any day. Its just the time of day that matters to me. Later than 1pm and I'm good.

As for draft position. How will that work? Are we get to have a lottery for those that missed the playoffs or what? Considering the people in the playoffs presumably have better keepers, would it not be similar to an actual league if the worse teams get a better chance at high picks? I'm not just wondering since I was dead last a year ago. Actually, I probably am.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Voted. October 4th is by far the best date for me.

As for keepers, I haven't really looked into yet. Will soon. I had a faint hope that I'd have chances in McDavid sweepstakes but alas, with expansion teams that won't work :laugh: All good, there are some good players on my team already (thanks Tomgilbertfan).

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'd vote for any day. Its just the time of day that matters to me. Later than 1pm and I'm good.

As for draft position. How will that work? Are we get to have a lottery for those that missed the playoffs or what? Considering the people in the playoffs presumably have better keepers, would it not be similar to an actual league if the worse teams get a better chance at high picks? I'm not just wondering since I was dead last a year ago. Actually, I probably am.

Order of last years standings, with the expansion teams getting 1 and 2. So if you were last place last year you'll pick 3rd. I think I was 2nd last, so I'll pick 4th.

What we seem to have yet to discuss is if we want snake or non-snake.

And if any day works for you, vote for every day like I did.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Order of last years standings, with the expansion teams getting 1 and 2. So if you were last place last year you'll pick 3rd. I think I was 2nd last, so I'll pick 4th.

What we seem to have yet to discuss is if we want snake or non-snake.

And if any day works for you, vote for every day like I did.

Voted.

And there goes McDavid. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad