HFWF OT X7 - TLC 2: Scan/Kirk vs. Cole/MCG vs. Bon/Cor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
well its an "old" zelda.
which is starting to be frustrating. those games were already available in the past.
(link's awakening, mario kart 8, skyrim....)

gimme sports and give me NEW exclusive switch games... not remakes.
That's something that I've really disliked about gaming in recent years. The constant recycling of games and acting like they are a big deal.

I don't mean the complete re-makes, but just games from past generations that are just re-released on the new consoles. Like LA Noir. That got a big push when they put it out again. Same applies to random indy games that have been out on computer for years that get console releases. I get that it's nice to have it on something you like, but it's still an old game.

I understand that in some cases you are offering the game to a new generation of players, and you don't need to spend much on getting it re-done for release, but it's extremely dull when I want new things.

It's doubly annoying in that I've got lots of money to spend now, I'm not stuck begging parents for saving pocket money for months. It's really easy to convince me to buy a game these days, but no one seems to be trying. It's a bit meh.

Reactions: Disclose

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That's something that I've really disliked about gaming in recent years. The constant recycling of games and acting like they are a big deal.

I don't mean the complete re-makes, but just games from past generations that are just re-released on the new consoles. Like LA Noir. That got a big push when they put it out again. Same applies to random indy games that have been out on computer for years that get console releases. I get that it's nice to have it on something you like, but it's still an old game.

I understand that in some cases you are offering the game to a new generation of players, and you don't need to spend much on getting it re-done for release, but it's extremely dull when I want new things.

It's doubly annoying in that I've got lots of money to spend now, I'm not stuck begging parents for saving pocket money for months. It's really easy to convince me to buy a game these days, but no one seems to be trying. It's a bit meh.

Links awaking is awesome.
A remake is okay with me.

It's a case by case basis because I get what Kimi is saying, but Link's Awakening definitely worth it.

Pokemon re releasing games that aren't 10 years is less cool

Reactions: The Catalyst

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
My brain can't even process gaming systems after PS1 (which a friend owned). Probably for the best, as that made it easy to grow out of video games in general. I tried to watch someone play Super Smash Bros. on the Switch recently and I thought I was going to have a seizure.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
nintendo's presentation at e3 is garbage. gimme a new Mario Kart!
I'm beginning to worry :/
It's been 5-years since a fresh MK (I know MKDX bumped back any potential new title a year or 2, but still there should be a new MK before a BOTW sequel and I love BOTW)

Whenever the next MK comes out, I wonder what it will even be?
They more than flirted with turning it into Super Smash Kart with the inclusion of their DLC selections. Not sure how to feel if they went fully in that direction. I'd rather MK be kept pure but idk.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah i dont own a console, but Brudda and the other dude have everything. so sometimes i buy a game to play it. but its just hard to find something i want because the good stuff is old.

i guess they DID announce the sequel for BOTW. so im okay with that....
cuz its a game i can put 100 hours easily.

Smash Bros is fun, but if you think seeing it gives you seizure, try playing it against pros. you dont even know where you are and your brain hurts. glad they got the updates soon with DragonQuest and Banjo Kazooie.

gimme sports now.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I'm beginning to worry :/
It's been 5-years since a fresh MK (I know MKDX bumped back any potential new title a year or 2, but still there should be a new MK before a BOTW sequel and I love BOTW)

Whenever the next MK comes out, I wonder what it will even be?
They more than flirted with turning it into Super Smash Kart with the inclusion of their DLC selections. Not sure how to feel if they went fully in that direction. I'd rather MK be kept pure but idk.

i dont mind if they add a lot of characters and fancy cars, but its obvious this game needs more maps.
i still play it quite often with friends and we have so much fin, but in 1h you did them all. adding tracks is welcomed even if its not a "new" game

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
2k has been good for years.
their football games were also a beauty until EA screwed them.

i should buy it at that prize. but i dont like digital copies, cuz well theyre not my consoles lol.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
FF7 might have been the first jrpg I ever played so I am interested in the remake. That being said, I've been turned off of FF as a whole a bit, and ff7 has been overhyped to the point that I'm a little sick of it. I honestly don't know where to stand with it.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
haven't felt that depressed after a sport's loss in a long time. Leafs' choke in game 7 2013, might've been the last one.

I thought it was our destiny when Kawhi went on that run by himself. sigh

On the brightside, Golden State only won by one point despite making 20 3s on almost 50% shooting from deep. That is crazy. I think that was the 2nd most 3s in Finals history. Not to mention, the only quarter they won was the 1st and that was with KD and well, yeah...

I'm pretty confident that we'll win game 6 and even if we don't, I don't see us losing game 7. The Warriors just don't have any depth.

Just sucks that we could've won on homecourt with Kawhi's heroics leading us to victory. Would've been a storybook ending.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Sephiroth was my first male crush. <3
that game is the perfect example of what i dont wanna see re-released.... the original was cool and we all fell in love with the story.
i dont care about cool graphics.

I think they are on the right path for a remake but yeah I also can see why you don't want to mess with the originals perfection.

I have a co worker playing the original right now for the first time and give updates in a video game community we have at work. It's cool to see the game from a first time perspective after all these years. Early on I asked how it was going and he was like "I think I'm lost, I just left Kalm and am not sure where to go."

I informed him he needed to cross the marsh but would need a chocobo.

"Oh I was at the farm but didn't want to pay so I left. I crossed the marsh and saw a giant snake had been killed."

I was confused how he made it across without getting attacked and he did not have an answer other than "I don't know I just did." After informing him he just did something incredibly difficult first try and not even meaning too, I convinced him to go back and fight the Zolem just to know what he inadvertently avoided. (but made sure he saved first.)

Reactions: Disclose

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
haven't felt that depressed after a sport's loss in a long time. Leafs' choke in game 7 2013, might've been the last one.

On the brightside, Golden State only won by one point despite making 20 3s on almost 50% shooting from deep. That is crazy. I think that was the 2nd most 3s in Finals history. Not to mention, the only quarter they won was the 1st and that was with KD and well, yeah...

I'm pretty confident that we'll win game 6 and even if we don't, I don't see us losing game 7. The Warriors just don't have any depth.

Just sucks that we could've won on homecourt with Kawhi's heroics leading us to victory. Would've been a storybook ending.

If it cheers you up, there was a spectacular HFWF PPV last night too

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Cause Lowry is a dumbass

Pretty sure he called the timeout during Kawhi’s run, and then his final 90 seconds were some of the most atrocious basketball I ever seen.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if it makes you feel any better, the Raptors did won the title in Mexico

raptors.jpg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Cause Lowry is a dumbass

Pretty sure he called the timeout during Kawhi’s run, and then his final 90 seconds were some of the most atrocious basketball I ever seen.

Apparently Nurse called a timeout after their big run, to "rest the players". Not discuss strategy, no, nothing like that.

Just give them a breather. Y'know, since they're minutes away from an NBA championship and were in the grooviest of grooves going down the stretch.

Cue the predictable Splash Brothers comeback, and then after Boogie Cousins gives the Raps an absolute gift with his offensive foul.....Nurse DIDN'T take a timeout to run a play? :help:

That final 15 seconds looked like some mighty disjointed basketball, finalized with a last-second heave that of course went nowhere because Lowry couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Brutal coaching did this team in, they were up six points with three minutes to play.

If this series comes back to Toronto I honestly wouldn't be surprised if either team won. At that point you'd have to think the Warriors would be heavy favourites again.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
If it cheers you up, there was a spectacular HFWF PPV last night too

Reading it now. Was out last night. sigh

Stupid HF took me to the top of the second page, so I know who's won the tag titles and potentially, the Outcasts vs PWC match. :help::cry:

I've got a PM from MCG too, but not reading that till after I'm done reading the event. :laugh:

Cause Lowry is a dumbass

Nah, that was Nurse. He wanted to rest the players. Apparently, Kawhi was exhausted. Don't agree with it, but it wasn't Lowry who called it.

Reactions: Serac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad