HFWF OT X7 - TLC 2: Scan/Kirk vs. Cole/MCG vs. Bon/Cor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I don't know basketball very well, but I don't know how you don't try to charge the rim trying to get a foul to atleast tie, or push for the potentially easier 2, over the hopeful 3. Raptors have some questionable 3 point shooters from what I've seen.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't know basketball very well, but I don't know how you don't try to charge the rim trying to get a foul to atleast tie, or push for the potentially easier 2, over the hopeful 3. Raptors have some questionable 3 point shooters from what I've seen.

Raptors and three pointers are questionable for sure. Either they're dropping at a 75% rate or 27%. It feels like there's rarely a middle ground.

And a three in that scenario makes zero sense to me but hey

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Would have trusted Kawhi charging to the rim and trying to draw the foul from one of the two defending him, or even Green taking the shot over Lowry after the 90 seconds he had before that. His head simply wasn’t in it, even if Draymond did get a finger on the ball.

God, that minute and a half was so frustrating.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That sad feel when you were born after the Habs last cup and your best memories are the improbable Cinderella runs to the ECF in 2010, and the run in 2014 where Price was injured in game 1 of the ECF cause of Kreider :(

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That sad feel when you were born after the Habs last cup and your best memories are the improbable Cinderella runs to the ECF in 2010, and the run in 2014 where Price was injured in game 1 of the ECF cause of Kreider :(

I've still got Dallas's Cup win on VHS.....not that I have any means of watching it in that format right now, but I still remember staying up late to see the whole thing.

Pretty sure I ran out of tape while they were passing around the Cup, too. :laugh:

Haven't really had much to celebrate since then, aside from one or two more deep runs. :dunno:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
2010 and 2014 were the most fun I had as a fan.

2010 we literally got into the playoffs on an OT loss, Caps won the presidents trophy and we come back down 1-3 to win. Then the two headed monster in Pittsburgh with a rookie Subban helping shutdown Crosby before we ran out of gas in the ECF.

2014, easy win vs. Tampa, whatever. That series vs. Boston was so fun though. Weise during that series, and Subban’s guarantee after game 6 saying he couldn’t wait to hear the energy and crowd in Boston and take it all away from them in game 7: and then they did take it away. I stand by my opinion that if Price didn’t get hurt we’re in the finals vs. LA at the very least. Tokarski did what he could, but yeah...

Hopefully this new retooled young core can add a Duchene and create some more magic before Price declines. Excited for Primeau in net though.

Cooling off on getting Karlsson if we can land Duchene and acquire Ghost.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Can the offseason never start so Vancouver doesn't trade for Lucic, please. If hockey is played forever,they might just be too distracted to do the trade.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Can the offseason never start so Vancouver doesn't trade for Lucic, please. If hockey is played forever,they might just be too distracted to do the trade.

Vancouver trading for Lucic would be like Toronto trading for Brad Marchand. Or Philly somehow pulling off a deal for Crosby.

It just......doesn't feel right. :laugh:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Vancouver trading for Lucic would be like Toronto trading for Brad Marchand. Or Philly somehow pulling off a deal for Crosby.

It just......doesn't feel right. :laugh:

Lucic wants to be in BC at some point in his career, and the Canucks have expressed interest in him. Thus leaving me wanting to die.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yo this Big Papi story is insane.
Yeah this is nuts.

I heard it was an attempted hit, some mob boss thought Ortiz had an affair with his wife/gf? Maybe he did....even so, pretty weak attempt, point blank and you aim for the back? :dunno:

Lucky for Ortiz (and for us) the hitman went full Pejorative Slur. Hope Ortiz fully recovers.

Lucic wants to be in BC at some point in his career, and the Canucks have expressed interest in him. Thus leaving me wanting to die.

Last I heard it was a swap of cap dumps, Lucic for Eriksson. Or something along those lines.

For what it's worth, I'm surprised at how far Eriksson's fallen since his days with Dallas. Thought for sure he'd still be a top six guy, the way he was playing.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Last I heard it was a swap of cap dumps, Lucic for Eriksson. Or something along those lines.

For what it's worth, I'm surprised at how far Eriksson's fallen since his days with Dallas. Thought for sure he'd still be a top six guy, the way he was playing.

The issue is that Eriksson is still adequate defensively, and has one less year on his contract, so if we did just swap cap dumps, it would be a huge slap in the face to us. And I certainly don't trust our management to squeeze the value out of taking Lucic's contract.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
@Falco Lombardi

giphy.gif

Reactions: Falco Lombardi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad