HFWF OT #9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Definitely would make things a lot more interesting. Imagine McDavid bragging about how good he is compared to everyone and especially compared to someone like Matthews. Then Matthews clapping back against the Oilers' lack of playoffs. :laugh:

Doesn't even have to be malicious. Players just not being afraid to say what they want in fear of traditionalists chastising them would be amazing.

No, it wouldn't be.

The product on the ice is the entertainment. If I want to see bs reality show drama, I'll watch a reality show.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Admittedly it was a bit odd that Ottawa dressed their starting lineup this early in preseason.

Vancouver iced probably a better lineup than they'll have in the regular season (save for Boeser). They still lost to an Edmonton team without McDavid and Draisaitl.

Coming for you Ottawa

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
15 years ago i had the same idea.... i did jail time eventually lol
it blows my mind to be alive and see the legalization... im not old or anything. its just... the past was weird man
what a time to be alive.

except quebec. quebec sucks.
Quebec company giving me my most gainssss

You’re right Quebec does suck tho

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Can relate tbh. One of my biggest issues is always seeing things through when I don't have to (especially with concerts) and end up just being grumpy all night.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Can relate tbh. One of my biggest issues is always seeing things through when I don't have to (especially with concerts) and end up just being grumpy all night.

I'm with you.

If you know anybody who might want 2 tickets my price of $80 is negotiable ;)

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
No, it wouldn't be.

The product on the ice is the entertainment. If I want to see bs reality show drama, I'll watch a reality show.

To me it is.

I enjoy NBA players' honesty off the court, while still enjoying the action on the court. Most of the time, if there is drama off the court, it adds to the on court entertainment.

I don't see how players being honest and not robots who are afraid to say things is "bs reality show drama."

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
To me it is.

I enjoy NBA players' honesty off the court, while still enjoying the action on the court. Most of the time, if there is drama off the court, it adds to the on court entertainment.

I don't see how players being honest and not robots who are afraid to say things is "bs reality show drama."

Them being "honest" isn't what is the bs reality show drama, the way the media uses what they say after to feed their never-ending news cycle is.

When I watch a sport show, I want to hear about the games, trades, strategies, etc. I don't care about the latest dumb shit some player said.

Unfortunately, controversy sells more than in-depth talk so that's what ESPN and the likes go for. That's also why hockey players are robots, they are taught not to create a distraction.

And that's only from a fan's perspective. How would you feel if a co-worker was talking shit about you or competitors and bitching all the time? It can destroy a work atmosphere pretty quickly. So yeah, useless drama. There is being honest and being a selfish loudmouth.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Is the regular season going to be that much better, though? Who sat this one out? :help:

thats our first line for sure. missing stone in the line up.
i cant remember who else notable, since everytime we trade i hit myself with a brick and try to forget the incompetence of GM Dorion.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Them being "honest" isn't what is the bs reality show drama, the way the media uses what they say after to feed their never-ending news cycle is.

When I watch a sport show, I want to hear about the games, trades, strategies, etc. I don't care about the latest dumb **** some player said.

Unfortunately, controversy sells more than in-depth talk so that's what ESPN and the likes go for. That's also why hockey players are robots, they are taught not to create a distraction.

And that's only from a fan's perspective. How would you feel if a co-worker was talking **** about you or competitors and *****ing all the time? It can destroy a work atmosphere pretty quickly. So yeah, useless drama. There is being honest and being a selfish loudmouth.

I already said they don't have to be malicious. They can answer questions honestly and not with cliches. They can show their personality more off the ice. For example, a PK Subban or Ovechkin.

Also, I do care about the dumb shit players say. The hockey sports show, for the most part, are boring because it's the same thing every time.

As for the last part, sure, don't say things against your teammates, but what's the big deal with saying it against your competition? It happens all the time in real life. It doesn't have to be obscene.

Just speaking honestly about things happening in the real world would be a breath of fresh air. I know I'd much rather listen to a LeBron or Steph Curry than Crosby or McDavid.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I already said they don't have to be malicious. They can answer questions honestly and not with cliches. They can show their personality more off the ice. For example, a PK Subban or Ovechkin.

Also, I do care about the dumb **** players say. The hockey sports show, for the most part, are boring because it's the same thing every time.

As for the last part, sure, don't say things against your teammates, but what's the big deal with saying it against your competition? It happens all the time in real life. It doesn't have to be obscene.

Just speaking honestly about things happening in the real world would be a breath of fresh air. I know I'd much rather listen to a LeBron or Steph Curry than Crosby or McDavid.

Both are annoying as hell to me. Ovechkin more so than Subban.

If Ovechkin was good at hockey, he'd likely be in a homeless shelter. That's how dumb he seems to be. He is thirty and he acts like a 12-year-old. He is such a great hockey player, he doesn't need the rest. I'll give him one thing though, it clearly isn't an act. He is genuine. I can admire that to a degree. I mean, I bitch all the times about Nikki Bella being the fakest human being on the planet, I won't fault Ovechkin for being authentic. He annoys me, but I cannot say he is fake like many other "known" people.

Subban at least sounds smart when he talks.

I do not care about stars having larger than life personality. I have wrestling for that :laugh:

Maybe I grew up too much in hockey culture, but that's how I see it. I guess I'd be one of the robots if I were an athlete.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
But tonight's not my show.

Oh?

Which Frank Turner show are you going to?

Hmmm

MO6651r.jpg

So...which is it you dang liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad