HFWF OT #9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I never thought I'd be banned from a country for an investment. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

am I understanding this correctly that Ottawa had a better deal on the table from Tampa but Melnyk nixed it because he didn't want to trade Karlsson in the division? Wow

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
People forget that they have literally all information possible in their phones.
It’s not just phone numbers or pictures they’re interested.
I know other photographers who get their laptops checked when traveling.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
my point projections for Ottawa are so bleak, like Boedker is their 5th leader in my projections but only has 30 points

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Em killed MGK

f***, dude compared MGK to an obsessed fan who grows to hate his idol when he calls him Stan, says he's talking out of both ends insulting him in one line but complimenting him on the next, and then:

- says at 45 he's still outselling him, and at 29 Em had 3 classics.
- says he's never going to make a list with Biggie or Jay, and says they'll be putting him in lists with Benzino and Ja
- says his biggest flops are still MGK's biggest hits
- "your red sweater, your black leather / you dress better, I rap better / that a death threat or a love letter?"
- "it's as big as you're going to get / had to give you a career to destroy it"
- "how the f*** can him and I battle? / He'll have to f*** Kim in my flannel / I'll give him my sandals / cause he knows as long as I'm Shady, he's gon' have to live in my shadow"
- "that day you put out hit's the day Diddy admits / that he put out the hit that got Pac killed, ah"

jesus f***ing christ

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
okay I'm doing point projections now. will post leaders when I'm done all teams but here's what I have as top-3 point scorers for each Atlantic team:

BOSTON -
Marchand - 35 goals, 48 assists, 83 points
Pastrnak - 34 goals, 43 assists, 77 points
Bergeron - 27 goals, 48 assists, 75 points

BUFFALO -
Eichel - 37 goals, 45 assists, 82 points
Skinner - 35 goals, 28 assists, 63 points
Reinhart - 20 goals, 36 assists, 56 points

DETROIT -
Larkin - 19 goals, 48 assists, 67 points
Mantha - 28 goals, 26 assists, 54 points
Vanek - 22 goals, 30 assists, 52 points

FLORIDA -
Barkov - 26 goals, 57 assists, 83 points
Trocheck - 27 goals, 42 assists, 69 points
Huberdeau - 21 goals, 45 assists, 66 points

MONTREAL -
Gallagher - 26 goals, 29 assists, 55 points
Drouin - 16 goals, 39 assists, 55 points
Domi - 17 goals, 31 assists, 48 points

OTTAWA -
Stone - 21 goals, 37 assists, 58 points
Duchene - 21 goals, 29 assists, 50 points
Dzingel - 20 goals, 22 assists, 42 points

TAMPA BAY -
Kucherov - 47 goals, 58 assists, 105 points
Stamkos - 27 goals, 60 assists, 87 points
Hedman - 14 goals, 56 assists, 70 points

TORONTO -
Tavares - 39 goals, 46 assists, 85 points
Matthews - 43 goals, 40 assists, 83 points
Marner - 24 goals, 55 assists, 79 points

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hip hop beef 2018 really wild this year Adam 22 said Russ sent his squad after him in the middle of A22 getting a manicure wow nothing is sacred in 2018

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I killed the best man speech. Got some huge laughs and nearly 20 people went out of their way to come tell me how much they liked it. Even people I've never met before. Just get the right amount of drinks in you and just go for it.

Unfortunately once it was done I got the wrong amount of drinks in me and now I want to die this morning.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I killed the best man speech. Got some huge laughs and nearly 20 people went out of their way to come tell me how much they liked it. Even people I've never met before. Just get the right amount of drinks in you and just go for it.

Unfortunately once it was done I got the wrong amount of drinks in me and now I want to die this morning.

Congrats! I found it to be such a great feeling when you end up doing such a good job with stuff like that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
finished the draft in one of my keeper leagues, keep 7. (K) was a keeper.

Hall (K) - McDavid (K) - Carter (RW, C)
Kovalchuk - Matthews (K) - Radulov
Drouin (LW, C) - Scheifele (K) - Anderson
Kuznetsov, Getzlaf

Werenski - Subban (K)
Byfuglien - McAvoy
Weber

Andersen (K)
Quick (K)
Raanta

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Em killed MGK

****, dude compared MGK to an obsessed fan who grows to hate his idol when he calls him Stan, says he's talking out of both ends insulting him in one line but complimenting him on the next, and then:

- says at 45 he's still outselling him, and at 29 Em had 3 classics.
- says he's never going to make a list with Biggie or Jay, and says they'll be putting him in lists with Benzino and Ja
- says his biggest flops are still MGK's biggest hits
- "your red sweater, your black leather / you dress better, I rap better / that a death threat or a love letter?"
- "it's as big as you're going to get / had to give you a career to destroy it"
- "how the **** can him and I battle? / He'll have to **** Kim in my flannel / I'll give him my sandals / cause he knows as long as I'm Shady, he's gon' have to live in my shadow"
- "that day you put out hit's the day Diddy admits / that he put out the hit that got Pac killed, ah"

jesus ****ing christ

Now that I've had a chance to listen to Killshot I'll agree he definitely got some epic lines in there.

Having said that....from a pure musical enjoyment perspective, MGK put out a better song, imo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Now that I've had a chance to listen to Killshot I'll agree he definitely got some epic lines in there.

Having said that....from a pure musical enjoyment perspective, MGK put out a better song, imo.
I see that argument and I don't agree with it at all tbh, but regardless, diss tracks don't stay in my rotation. If they were in a ring -- say, boxing -- metaphorically, MGK was throwing jabs and then hiding behind the ref and saying Em was the GOAT and to please not hurt him, while Em just toyed with him at the start and then went for the kill at the end while still having fun and not really taking him seriously to begin with.

again, I see some arguing MGK had the better song, but to me that doesn't matter when it comes to disses. Of course MGK may have had the better song -- he put it out on Apple Music, Spotify, etc., he wants to make money off it and have people replay it. Em just threw his on YouTube and left it at that. He wasn't aiming to make the better song anyways, he just wanted to finish it.

and he was right in his comments from the Sway interview that he was considering just leaving it because he didn't want to give MGK a name cause now MGK is releasing an EP in 4 days after all this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
yooo iOS 12 feels like my phone is brand new straight out of the box, I now feel confident my phone will last me another year until next September's releases

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
yooo iOS 12 feels like my phone is brand new straight out of the box, I now feel confident my phone will last me another year until next September's releases

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
To be fair.

1) MGK released it on Spotify, etc like...5ish? days after it was on World Star. Dude missed out on a lot of streams in that time. It's at 90 million views or whatever and had it been on Spotify some of that money likely would end in his account.

2) Don't think that because it's on YouTube Eminem isn't monetizing it. He gets a cut of all of them ad dollars which, in reality, is probably higher than artists get per Spotify stream.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
To be fair.

1) MGK released it on Spotify, etc like...5ish? days after it was on World Star. Dude missed out on a lot of streams in that time. It's at 90 million views or whatever and had it been on Spotify some of that money likely would end in his account.

2) Don't think that because it's on YouTube Eminem isn't monetizing it. He gets a cut of all of them ad dollars which, in reality, is probably higher than artists get per Spotify stream.

the first point is simply because it's very rare that artists push stuff on streaming services before Fridays, or very rare the services update them before Friday unless it's someone massive. Everything is pretty much released on Fridays, though.

I have adblock so I have no idea if Em is monetizing it, but my main point was that Em isn't pushing this on streaming services to chart and whatnot. He's simply releasing it to end it. It's not a song for him, it's just a diss track in its purest form to end it.

^Are you sure it's up to snuff, with those double-posts? :laugh: :sarcasm:

that's my shitty laptop. I'll be fixing that next year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad