HFWF OT #9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hockey is full of boring people simple as that. Anytime they wonder why they can’t grow the game it partly is personalities being subdued. Subban and Ovi bring so much exposure because of their personalities alone. I like players having personality and not feeling the need to be robots or censor themselves.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hockey is full of boring people simple as that. Anytime they wonder why they can’t grow the game it partly is personalities being subdued. Subban and Ovi bring so much exposure because of their personalities alone. I like players having personality and not feeling the need to be robots or censor themselves.

And then the get shit on by what is likely a majority of the fans. It's not hockey players fault. It's the culture that tells them it's bad to show that they're more than just a hockey playing robot.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And then the get **** on by what is likely a majority of the fans. It's not hockey players fault. It's the culture that tells them it's bad to show that they're more than just a hockey playing robot.
It’s why Subban was so hated. No matter how good he is, who he was shutting down in the playoffs, etc., people always found a way to bitch about him because he shows personality and breaks the mould.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It’s why Subban was so hated. No matter how good he is, who he was shutting down in the playoffs, etc., people always found a way to ***** about him because he shows personality and breaks the mould.

Subban is a poster boy for the no personality movement.

Though I think many of us will agree there's another contributing factor to why Subban was so hated...

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
One of the first years I think I’m gonna skip it or at least wait until it’s discounted. Too much other good stuff coming out later.

I'm looking at it as a Black Friday or Boxing Day deal. Was wondering how it is. I don't think I've bought a single one for this console generation.

MLB 19 is another one that I'm interested in buying.

The big fish is obviously RDR 2 coming out at the end of August. Hopefully, it'll be discounted for Black Friday, but I don't know if I'll even have the patience to wait that long. Spoilers for it are going to be abundant as well. ugh

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm looking at it as a Black Friday or Boxing Day deal. Was wondering how it is. I don't think I've bought a single one for this console generation.

MLB 19 is another one that I'm interested in buying.

The big fish is obviously RDR 2 coming out at the end of August. Hopefully, it'll be discounted for Black Friday, but I don't know if I'll even have the patience to wait that long. Spoilers for it are going to be abundant as well. ugh

Yeah RDR2 is pretty much what I’m waiting for. Then Spider-Man when it’s discounted. I still have that alien isolation game I need to play and also want to do another play through of Witcher 3. I hold off on Witcher every day because I feel like I’ll sink a lot of hours into it that I just don’t have right now.

On the flip side I’ve really wanted to play some video games lately too to “escape reality” for a bit sort of speak.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Yeah RDR2 is pretty much what I’m waiting for. Then Spider-Man when it’s discounted. I still have that alien isolation game I need to play and also want to do another play through of Witcher 3. I hold off on Witcher every day because I feel like I’ll sink a lot of hours into it that I just don’t have right now.

On the flip side I’ve really wanted to play some video games lately too to “escape reality” for a bit sort of speak.

I actually pre-ordered Spider-Man. Still not done, but it's an absolutely fantastic game, imo. So much damn fun. If you're a Spidey fan, it's a must buy. It feels like what the Arkham Series did to Batman.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Anyone get NHL 19?

I made a post about it in the ea forum.

Franchise: the new scouting system is fantastic though some menus are a little slow. Hearing fantastic things about the scouts finding gems (I'm only in my second season so far so I've yet to see my "gems" progress). I love the fact that because I dont have an assigned scout in a particular part of the world, I literally have 0 idea what a certain player brings, save for their CS ranking.

The fog of war is a fantastic idea but I feel it needs a little work yet. I couldnt trade a 78 overall player on a cheap contract for a 7th round pick for example because the GM stated my scouts were pumping his value up (despite the other team wanting the guy). That being said, I also turned down a deal because a team offered a prospect for a roster player and a 2nd round pick. I turned it down because I had no scouts scouting that player so I knew literally nothing about him. Not even his trade value. As I progressed through the season, I had scouted the player and found out his trade value was WAY more valuable than the offered trade so I was kicking myself there.

The same is said for when you draft a player. You have no idea what their trade value is until you scout them further by seeing them play, be it on your roster, your ahl roster, or juniors. I went through a whole year not knowing what one of my prospects were worth because he was playing 0 games (on ahl roster but was scratched). I had to actually see him play to see what he was worth.

Be a pro: not a whole lot of changes. Couldn't not be picked 1st-3rd overall which annoyed the heck out of me. (Seriously, 3 points in 4 games meant 1st overall). The skill tree is a fantastic idea that needs work. The majority of it is just "here's a skill point, use it boost a stat". The interesting part is the unique skills which I hope they expand on. An example is higher accuracy if you're closer to the net, or being clutch by having higher accuracy when the game is nearly over.

I've yet to get through my ELC, but I wasn't able to negotiate the ELC, so odds are contract negotiating still isn't a thing which is highly disappointing.

Gameplay is great. The skating feels so damn good when you get used to it. Teammate AI is still not great, but not as terrible as previous years imo.

Reactions: Max Money

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
sometimes I wish I wasn't so serious about this school year to get into my program I want cause I'm a franchise mode fiend and the new scouting sounds so good. I watch GM series videos on YouTube and wish I could play.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I love franchise/GM mode too. It would be the main reason for me to get the game.

I haven't bought an NHL game since the last console gen, so it'll be weird for me to finally not have to rebuild the Leafs (although I love rebuilding).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I used to just play with random teams and do different things, whether I was choosing a contender, rebuilding, middle of the pack and deciding, etc. It was fun and that was with a more shallow GM mode than now.

maybe next year once I get into the program I want and (hopefully) scholarship grades for the program I'll get one, but at this point I barely have time to do anything aside from work, gym and school.

Sep 19, 2008
Got a lot of positive feedback after wearing my "Walk with Elias" tour shirt at the baseball game yesterday :laugh:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Been stuck in hospital 4 days and only just got a phone charger. Hope someone has picked up my slack burying Max Money

Hope everything is all right.

I was in the hospital at the start of the year for about a week. Maybe Mitch is stuck in the hospital like a true outcast, and that's where he's been this entire time.

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Yeah he was lost and couldn’t figure how to get out. :sarcasm:

I hope everything is well though buddy @SeidoN

You joke but I left my ward for some fresh air earlier and literally couldn't find the exit. Doesn't help I got moved wards at 1am and had no idea where in the hospital I was lool

I'm good though. Came in for a small procedure that should have taken a couple hours and now I've been here 3 days and have to stay again tonight. Been bored out of my mind til a nurse gave me a phone charger from the lost and found :D

Reactions: Fro and BonMorrison

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Serac in the hospital, seidon in the hospital, both HFOutcast members....
i think its safe to say that being close to that idiot Max Money can kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad