OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol, my fiancé is now walking around the house to do the "Indoor walk" exercise on the Apple Watch to try to close her rings, she's trying now to do at least 7 days in a row. I know she's super competitive, but I'm on like 300+ days of closing all rings and I stopped checking.

She still tries to play me in Tetris and Dr Mario and loses every time, but I admire her competitiveness, I will never let her win. Ever.

WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME, SWEETHEART.

Edit: She saw this post, said I'm an asshole and that I'd probably never let our kids win in games either and I told her of course not, there are no freebies in this household.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lol, my fiancé is now walking around the house to do the "Indoor walk" exercise on the Apple Watch to try to close her rings, she's trying now to do at least 7 days in a row. I know she's super competitive, but I'm on like 300+ days of closing all rings and I stopped checking.

She still tries to play me in Tetris and Dr Mario and loses every time, but I admire her competitiveness, I will never let her win. Ever.

WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME, SWEETHEART.

Edit: She saw this post, said I'm an asshole and that I'd probably never let our kids win in games either and I told her of course not, there are no freebies in this household.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
@ColePens @BHD

Can you please forward a request that this f***ing thing be moved or removed from mobile? f***er pops up every time I scroll down. It gets in the way of things.

Screenshot_20210203-023006_Chrome.jpg

Some bullshit toggle about selling info by "VRM by Admiral"

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Big McLargehuge

Still rolling along in P4G...

Just got Chie from the tv castle.

After 4 hours in game I just opened up free-roam I think... I may have walked out and left the game on for an hour or so but that was a looooooooong intro...

I like it though.... I love RPG's and it's been soooooo loooooooong since I've played a good jrpg. I used to play so many japanese games in the early days of PS/PS2....
I like it and will stick with it. Only thing that really kills me wanting to play it, is the save system, because things come up often or whatever and I really could use a save anytime / save anywhere style system. I'll just have to keep it on if something comes up in between saves.

You ever play disco elysium Bigs?

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
@Big McLargehuge

Still rolling along in P4G...

Just got Chie from the tv castle.

After 4 hours in game I just opened up free-roam I think... I may have walked out and left the game on for an hour or so but that was a looooooooong intro...

I like it though.... I love RPG's and it's been soooooo loooooooong since I've played a good jrpg. I used to play so many japanese games in the early days of PS/PS2....
I like it and will stick with it. Only thing that really kills me wanting to play it, is the save system, because things come up often or whatever and I really could use a save anytime / save anywhere style system. I'll just have to keep it on if something comes up in between saves.

You ever play disco elysium Bigs?

Ooooh...yeah, that would be one negative of going from the Vita to another platform. Suspend/sleep mode made it a lot easier to break dungeons in half without needing to keep the game running. I'm happy that save points are becoming less and less of a thing. P5 still has save rooms, but I don't recall ever going hours between them like with P4. Games that let you save anywhere deserve a cookie for understanding that games can't always get 100% of your focus for however long they demand it. Also reminds me of having parents who didn't understand what a memory card was or why one was necessary...

You're getting very close to things opening up more fully and are right around where the game clicked for me the first time around. I'd suggest browsing a guide about what you can do in your free time because there's a lot. Just keep in mind that Persona games are not made to be 100%ed in a first playthrough, nor is a second playthrough expected. Guides are especially helpful with fusions (which is what got me to cave and try one the first time-around).

Disco Elysium is something I've been trying to get focused enough to play since it came out, which is why I haven't even come close to finishing P5R or FFVII Remake yet either. I've started it a couple times and can already tell that it's likely to be one of my favorites of the era, but it's the kind of game that I need to be mentally there to enjoy. I'm playing a lot of Civilization VI right now, which is pure autopilot. I know a big update just came out for it and I'm debating if I'm going to play that or Yakuza: Like A Dragon next.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't have it on my iphone. Are you using an adblocker ?

I don't either and I don’t use anything special.

My iPad can get a little funky very occasionally but mobile works great for me.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I get it on iPhone and I do have an ad blocker. It is so pointless. If you click on it there is one privacy menu option that you can toggle on or off. If there is an always present floating action button, it needs to contain a commonly used function.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Tried a bottle of Ryan Whitney's "Pink Whitney". As far as bottled mixed liqueurs go, it's not bad. Not my go to but it's alright. The gf is ordering me some mead as a valentines gift to go along with this pewter tankard I bought myself off amazon.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Mead is cool. Can get you pretty drunk easy lol

I find it quite similar to wine in lightness etc

I'm looking to satisfy my younger skyrim playing self and his aspirations to "be like a viking" lol. Might drive over to Chantilly/McLean VA today to pick up some mead that i've read is pretty desirable as far as mead goes. Your shopping cart

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Careful with homebrew mead. My cousin blew up his fridge making a batch and not paying attention to how quick it was fermenting. :laugh:

Also, my dad didn't realize the proof was higher than beer and got so smashed on 3 bottles of mead that I had to potato sack him out of the basement and put him to bed a few years ago.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Careful with homebrew mead. My cousin blew up his fridge making a batch and not paying attention to how quick it was fermenting. :laugh:

Also, my dad didn't realize the proof was higher than beer and got so smashed on 3 bottles of mead that I had to potato sack him out of the basement and put him to bed a few years ago.

This sounds more like an abduction

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I guess your cousin makes some bomb ass beer....

200.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I want to go back to a time where beers were for breakfast, their original usage. Society and their pathetic norms keep ruining everything for everyone.

original.gif

And that's my Chris' hattrick, peace out bitches. Stay tuned for my next Tedtalk.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I have had to listen to so much Charlie Brown music on hold today. So. Much.

Don't even do that to your enemies, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad