OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm 5'9", 145 lbs. Pants are tricky for me, especially because of my waist. They're either close to my waist but too short on my legs or looser (around the waist) but completely baggy.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
For real though I am a fan of Banana Republic rapid movement pants and J Crew tech pants. Never pay full price at either store. You should be able to get at least 40% off. They have a lot of stretch so they are super comfy, but look professional, perfect for a business casual workplace. I wear mine around the house sometimes. Both come in a bunch of colors and cuts. Skinny, slim, straight, athletic etc.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm 5'9", 145 lbs. Pants are tricky for me, especially because of my waist. They're either close to my waist but too short on my legs or looser (around the waist) but completely baggy.
You’re a skinny lad huh?

I’m guessing probably 28-30 waist with 32 length would be like the fit for you. 30x32 are common. But maybe it’s a short torso long limbs issue?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I used to wear flood pants in public. Not much of a jeans guy, been too many years since I wore them. I like dress pants, maybe because my job forces me to wear them but I like their look/feel.
Then stick with the dress pants style, like Khaki’s, Chino’s, slacks, etc. There are a lot of options in that realm. With Denim, if you’re a fan of the look I mentioned above, then you’re likely better off with a dark denim with no fade or any of that garbage, a dressier pair of jeans that are also easily dressed down if you want that option.

A black, dark blue/navy, and maybe a light gray would be good staples.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I usually look for a 32x30.
All you need to do is find a good fit in the areas that are usually the issue and find a good tailor.

You lot need to have a tailor as your go to for things. I am so close with my tailor, he sends me Christmas Cards, sure I give him a ton of business, but it’s a relationship, he fixes things on the few things I buy off rack to make it look like it was meant to fit my body. I have the issue of athletic booty and muscular legs, so my waist is 32 but my booty won’t fit a 32 so I have to go up to 34 and then get it tailored around the waist and I take it in from the knee down to get the silhouette and fit that is me.

A good tailor will turn a loose pair of the rack slacks look like they’re bespoke.

So are in that Pettersson/POJ situation where you just can’t gain weight or is it just a “I’m comfortable at this weight, it’s been me forever” type of things? I mean the good is that if you’re a slight frame, things drape off of you better for a lot of looks.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
All you need to do is find a good fit in the areas that are usually the issue and find a good tailor.

You lot need to have a tailor as your go to for things. I am so close with my tailor, he sends me Christmas Cards, sure I give him a ton of business, but it’s a relationship, he fixes things on the few things I buy off rack to make it look like it was meant to fit my body. I have the issue of athletic booty and muscular legs, so my waist is 32 but my booty won’t fit a 32 so I have to go up to 34 and then get it tailored around the waist and I take it in from the knee down to get the silhouette and fit that is me.

A good tailor will turn a loose pair of the rack slacks look like they’re bespoke.

So are in that Pettersson/POJ situation where you just can’t gain weight or is it just a “I’m comfortable at this weight, it’s been me forever” type of things? I mean the good is that if you’re a slight frame, things drape off of you better for a lot of looks.

This. I'm a hard gainer. However, since there isn't much to me, my muscles are more apparent after doing anything at the gym.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This. I'm a hard gainer. However, since there isn't much to me, my muscles are more apparent after doing anything at the gym.
The key is always to work the bigger muscle groups, but yeah it’s definitely tough for a lot of people that just can’t gain. But hey, at least you’ll always be lean and shredded.

Reactions: BHD

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I don't know how guys can wear skinny jeans. I'm only 5'7" and 150 lbs yet even I have a hard time cramming my ass and thighs into any jeans that aren't relaxed fit. Getting my keys out of my pocket can sometimes be a struggle. I have a small frame (although I'm pretty muscular for my size and very lean, probably around 10% body fat, if even that) so I can't comprehend how tiny some guys' legs must be. Granted I do squats so I've always had a booty. Most guys don't even have an ass, they just have a really long back with a crack in it.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I don't know how guys can wear skinny jeans. I'm only 5'7" and 150 lbs yet even I have a hard time cramming my ass and thighs into any jeans that aren't relaxed fit. Getting my keys out of my pocket can sometimes be a struggle. I have a small frame (although I'm pretty muscular for my size and very lean, probably around 10% body fat, if even that) so I can't comprehend how tiny some guys' legs must be. Granted I do squats so I've always had a booty. Most guys don't even have an ass, they just have a really long back with a crack in it.

Check these out:

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/511-slim-fit-levis-flex-mens-jeans/p/045111907

They offer a little more give than regular skinny jeans.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching
MV5BZjUxMTFhYTQtNmRlOS00MGI1LWFlNDItOTIwNmZjNmVkYjk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE1MzI2NzIz._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

as our weekend movie. Anyone see?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Watching
MV5BZjUxMTFhYTQtNmRlOS00MGI1LWFlNDItOTIwNmZjNmVkYjk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE1MzI2NzIz._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

as our weekend movie. Anyone see?

No.

But thanks to HBO Max I did watch Judas and the Black Messiah. It already looked interesting on the small trailer I saw, but LaKeith Stanfield is in it and he's probably one of my favorite actors right now.

The movie is based on a true story that I briefly heard about some time ago (in a documentary I believe?) and meant to look into it more. I never got around to it, but I sure will now.

4/5 stars for me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No.

But thanks to HBO Max I did watch Judas and the Black Messiah. It already looked interesting on the small trailer I saw, but LaKeith Stanfield is in it and he's probably one of my favorite actors right now.

The movie is based on a true story that I briefly heard about some time ago (in a documentary I believe?) and meant to look into it more. I never got around to it, but I sure will now.

4/5 stars for me.

Hey, you ever hear anything about 'yellowstone'? Friend of mine said guy told him to watch it and he loves it.

MV5BZjhkNWM1NTQtODI4NS00NzllLTg1ODAtYjg3N2QxZjc3ZjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIzMzcwNjc@._V1_UY268_CR8,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

or how about...
MV5BOTZkMzlkYmItZDAyNy00NmZhLWE3MWItMzQyNDhkYzcwMTFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Whats judas about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad