OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Warm enough today for no outerwear
20210315_030034.jpg

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
If you, stick with me on this, if you shave the rest of his body and just leave the top half shaved in the shape of a jacket, he's always wearing outerwear.

In practice, shaving horses like that was a giant headache for all parties involved, so that's a no for the time being, especially given the horses were more tolerant of clippers :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I got a job offer but it's in the same field just a different area

Decided to decline it. Didn't want to lose my seniority and benefit level to start over somewhere else

Id rather change my entire career field focus than just change the walls I work in

Plus, I know all the tricks and shitty people where i am, I don't know ANYONE at the other place

Still I kinda feel like a crummy person for turning down an offer

Guy I know and worked with literally just quit the job over stress to work the same job somewhere else... said it was 10x worse and quit the first day.

Sometimes a change of venue works.... sometimes it doesn't. Shit can always be worse.
If I were switching venues for same job, I'd stake out the joint and talk to the workers when they were leaving/coming to work/ on break... to see what they say about the place

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Guy I know and worked with literally just quit the job over stress to work the same job somewhere else... said it was 10x worse and quit the first day.

Sometimes a change of venue works.... sometimes it doesn't. Shit can always be worse.
If I were switching venues for same job, I'd stake out the joint and talk to the workers when they were leaving/coming to work/ on break... to see what they say about the place

Totally. Great advice.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
WELLLL...

Since it's payday by the IRS today and payday from employment just a mere 2 more days.... I say F*** IT!

I'm buying Zelda:BOTW and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

NOW.... should I also buy the ex-pac's with them? I think they are 80 something each :eek:

I don't normally buy dlc as much as I do buy expansions (Witcher 3, D3RoS).... I can live without a missions or quest or two or a stupid helmet or something. I want more game to play in xpac's.

Should I buy the complete or whatever game of one and or both titles? Anyone know how the extra content is?

Reactions: Iggy Smalls

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
WELLLL...

Since it's payday by the IRS today and payday from employment just a mere 2 more days.... I say F*** IT!

NOW.... should I also buy the ex-pac's with them? I think they are 80 something each :eek:

I don't normally buy dlc as much as I do buy expansions (Witcher 3, D3RoS).... I can live without a missions or quest or two or a stupid helmet or something. I want more game to play in xpac's.

Should I buy the complete or whatever game of one and or both titles? Anyone know how the extra content is?

I didn't buy the expansion pass for BOTW. Since it's an open world game you're not on any kind of timeline to finish it. I ended up spending 250 hours to finish my first run through of BOTW after finding all of the shrines, defeating main story. If I dedicated time to finding all of the hundreds of Koroks I could have approached another hundred hours. By then I was ready to move on!

EDIT: LOGiK, I'm really looking forward to your posts about BOTW. Some of the shrines make you want to pull your hair out with their puzzles. There's some very creative ways to beat them and there isn't one right way to do it. You're going to have a blast. The shrines help you increase your health and provide powerful weapons.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I didn't buy the expansion pass for BOTW. Since it's an open world game you're not on any kind of timeline to finish it. I ended up spending 250 hours to finish my first run through of BOTW after finding all of the shrines, defeating main story. If I dedicated time to finding all of the hundreds of Koroks I could have approached another hundred hours. By then I was ready to move on!

I just looked on the eshop and BOTW is 14gb and FE:TH is 10gb... Only 20 gb free on system memory so that lands me in a quandary.

I am thinking of just running to the store after work and picking both of them up in cartridge... since neither is on sale on the eshop it makes no difference. So now I went from buying both and -most likely- playing fire emblem first, because technically it's the shorter game (50 hours roughly) for one play through... rather than BOTW 200 hours will keep busy gaming wise for 3 months.

Rather knock out FE:TH first, but I could switch depending on my mood if I physically had the cartridge... so I'll just do that. Now I can't play until tonight/tomorrow. Yuck.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
WELLLL...

I haven't played the BOTW DLC so I can't comment. I did play the FE3H DLC campaign though. I liked it, but it's pretty short. Unless it's a lot cheaper in a bundle I would say play through the campaign once without it and then decide. There are already enough characters in the game that missing the DLC characters for your first playthrough won't hurt anything. I liked it because it was a bit harder due to not having a shop or any possible side leveling available. Because of that it requires being a bit more strategic since it's harder to just brute force through it by being over geared or over leveled.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I vote BOTW, FE:TH has been fun, but BOTW is an experience.
I was super skeptical going in based on how over open world games I was/am. It is one of the only open world games that I really enjoyed just wandering around. The movement and exploration is all very satisfying. Most open world games I just end up wishing the world was half the size because its boring moving around in it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It is one of the only open world games that I really enjoyed just wandering around. The movement and exploration is all very satisfying. Most open world games I just end up wishing the world was half the size because its boring moving around in it.

Yeah, and it's really the only Zelda game I got invested in people that weren't just 1-dimensional quest posts on my way to getting a jar or a bigger wallet or something.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I just wish it had a couple more real classic zelda style dungeons.

And a few more "OH SHIT" hard enemies for the end game. By the time I got to the tower, I was so overpowered I just murked everything a little swordy tornado.

But man, the first time you deal with a guardian with your crappy stolen swords, it's insane. :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And a few more "OH SHIT" hard enemies for the end game. By the time I got to the tower, I was so overpowered I just murked everything a little swordy tornado.
yeah that would be good too. I don't go in to a Zelda game expecting real combat difficulty, but it would be a nice addition. Even if it's bonus side quest or even DLC type content. I don't see that happening though. The max level centaur guys are about as hard an enemy as a Zelda game has ever had. Though Calamity Ganon was about as easy of a final boss as a Zelda game has ever had too.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thunder Blight Ganon was ridiculous. I think it took me 15 tries.
That was the one I did last so I was just really strong by that point. They were just progressively easier for me in the order I did them, wind > water > fire > thunder. But I did a bunch of side stuff between each, so I kept getting way stronger. That's a hard thing to design perfectly in open world games because I don't like the idea of scaling them, but it's a shame how easy some stuff can get if you just over-do the side quest stuff.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
yeah that would be good too. I don't go in to a Zelda game expecting real combat difficulty, but it would be a nice addition. Even if it's bonus side quest or even DLC type content. I don't see that happening though. The max level centaur guys are about as hard an enemy as a Zelda game has ever had. Though Calamity Ganon was about as easy of a final boss as a Zelda game has ever had too.

Yeah, I want like a secret Dark Souls-tough boss to really feel like a badass.

All in all, super minor quibbles because BotW is rad as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad