OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Update on Pepper: Doing fine, biopsy came back negative for cancer, she's doing all things normal other than sporting a shaved front paw for anesthesia and back leg for surgery. She is doing a lot of whining not getting her way all the time, A little of not eating unless we spike her food with gravy or just eats a lot of her favorite treats (Meaty Bones), but she has to take it easy 'til the wound heals and not bust open the stitches. She loves the snow, but she can't be in it long. She loves rolling on her back in it and eating it as well. 85% chance it won't grow back. Being attached to tendons they couldn't get it all.

We have to take a pic of it to send over to the vet for a follow up tomorrow.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Project Triangle looks interesting thanks for sharing. Like a weird hybrid of Octopath Traveler with a dash of Fire Emblem.

When they first showed the 3 "elements" I was assuming it was going to be about the Triforce from Zelda. Probably played into my disappointment. :laugh:

Speaking of RPGs, I recently charged my 3DS since I need to finish Chrono Trigger.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
When they first showed the 3 "elements" I was assuming it was going to be about the Triforce from Zelda. Probably played into my disappointment. :laugh:

Speaking of RPGs, I recently charged my 3DS since I need to finish Chrono Trigger.
as much as I love zelda, I am even happier at a potential Final Fantasy Tactics type game. Now if only they could put those things together :nod:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't know how I feel about 3 Elements-- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Ogre Battle were big games in my youth, but I hope it's less of the annoying things about tactical RPGs (The super long battles! The super short story!), and more of the best of both JRPGs and tactical RPGs, which would be great.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I loved Xenoblade 2, but it was the side characters that made it. So I'm not super excited for pyra. Woulda loved Poppy or Zeke/Pandy

I completely forgot who Pyra was. Then again the accents in that game drove me f***ing crazy and made me bounce off XC2 about a dozen hours in....been one of those games I want to go back to, yet have no desire to play...a role once filled by the original Xenoblade Chronicles (one of 2 Wii games I've ever owned as the only person who owned a Wii U, but not a Wii).

Project Triangle is very interesting to me and is one I'll be watching closely, but with tempered expectations. Octopath Traveler was good and fine, but there was no real central narrative and it didn't have long legs because of that.

Ignoring Zelda to focus on much bigger news; Famicom Detective Club is one of those things that I always wished had made it out of Japan and now will. There's just something oddly appealing about a duo of Gunpei Yokoi-directed, Nintendo-developed 8-bit mystery graphic novels.

World's End Club darts near the top of my anticipated list, though the only surprise there is that it's coming to Switch as the Danganronpa & Zero Escape games were the kinds of games that made me adore my Vita far more than my 3DS.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Why no Mother 3 switch release? Why, Nintendo? WHYYYY?

I can only imagine how annoying I would be on this issue had I been allowed to buy Earthbound on clearance when I was 8. $10 because the box was an awkward size...

The things my mother found 'too frightening' will never cease baffling me. Apparently spikes on anything is too much for an 8 year-old to handle, yet my favorite movie at the time was Jurassic Park.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I completely forgot who Pyra was. Then again the accents in that game drove me f***ing crazy and made me bounce off XC2 about a dozen hours in....been one of those games I want to go back to, yet have no desire to play...a role once filled by the original Xenoblade Chronicles (one of 2 Wii games I've ever owned as the only person who owned a Wii U, but not a Wii).
I must be the only person who didn't dislike the voices :laugh: The characters were my favorite part of that game. Zeke and Poppy were both fantastic.
Project Triangle is very interesting to me and is one I'll be watching closely, but with tempered expectations. Octopath Traveler was good and fine, but there was no real central narrative and it didn't have long legs because of that.
Yeah I haven't played Octopath for that reason. Hopefully they learned from it.
Ignoring Zelda to focus on much bigger news; Famicom Detective Club is one of those things that I always wished had made it out of Japan and now will. There's just something oddly appealing about a duo of Gunpei Yokoi-directed, Nintendo-developed 8-bit mystery graphic novels.

World's End Club darts near the top of my anticipated list, though the only surprise there is that it's coming to Switch as the Danganronpa & Zero Escape games were the kinds of games that made me adore my Vita far more than my 3DS.
I have no idea what any of these things are :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Octapath was pretty much a retread of the Romancing SaGa SNES games, just without the third act that brings the stories together, right?

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
I feel like throwing up. I was looking through rare DS games and I traded in Megaman Starforce 3 Red Joker for like 7 dollars at Gamestop years ago.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am at 90%. Going back to work on the 8th March. Got to spend the next few weeks building up my stamina and making sure my lungs are at 100% capacity.

And thanks for asking, you kind hearted wanker
Wankers helping wankers...

Just keep going for walks and if you have access to a pool some slow laps help, the pressure on your chest might make you panic a little but it will help your body adjust a little quicker.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
What does any of this mean.

Basically a lot of older DS games have become significantly more valuable a decade or so after they were released. I had this MegaMan game that was pretty shitty and I sold it to Gamestop for small store credit but now it's going for over a 100 dollars on Amazon and Ebay. This is a cool chart showing how the values have changed.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Basically a lot of older DS games have become significantly more valuable a decade or so after they were released. I had this MegaMan game that was pretty shitty and I sold it to Gamestop for small store credit but now it's going for over a 100 dollars on Amazon and Ebay. This is a cool chart showing how the values have changed.

Looks like my Chrono Trigger could sell for a pretty penny.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How much does Tetris for the original game boy go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia