HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
First off, central Jersey isn't even a thing. There is no central boundary or border, anyone who says there is just pumping hot air.

Ummm..... sounds like you'd be interested to know that north Jersey & south Jersey arent "things" either, with no "boundary" or "border".

Only West Jersey & East Jersey would actually be "things" by your definition of literally having to have an officially defined border.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Ummm..... sounds like you'd be interested to know that north Jersey & south Jersey arent "things" either, with no "boundary" or "border".

Only West Jersey & East Jersey would actually be "things" by your definition of literally having to have an officially defined border.

lit history lesson :handclap:

Wpdms_east_west_new_jersey.png

Province of New Jersey - Wikipedia

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

Actually the North/South Jersey point is very easy. Anything above 78 is northern NJ. Anything below 195 is southern NJ.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
And inbetween is central nj
This whole North/Central/South Jersey thing reminds me of "Upstate New York". To me, "Upstate" means anything in NY other than NYC and Long Island. To my friends in Westchester, it's anything north of Westchester/Rockland. To the people I know in Albany, it's anything north of their county.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This whole North/Central/South Jersey thing reminds me of "Upstate New York". To me, "Upstate" means anything in NY other than NYC and Long Island.

I mean, look just at a map, do you not see how illogical that is? NYC is closer to New Jersey than it is to most of New York. In other words, it's easier to dismiss NYC as the geographical outlier than is the "rest" of New York State.

hah, don't tell my girlfriend who went to high school in brick that she spent those years in "south jersey." :laugh:

I definitely consider Brick to be in South Jersey via the same geometric logic. It's definitely in the lower 50th percentile of vertical size. Not by a whole lot, admittedly, but it is. Most people from where I grow up Hunterdon/Somerset area definitely consider that South Jerysey.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I mean, look just at a map, do you not see how illogical that is? NYC is closer to New Jersey than it is to most of New York. In other words, it's easier to dismiss NYC as the geographical outlier than is the "rest" of New York State.
I suppose I use "upstate" to differentiate "New York" (the city) vs "New York" the state (minus Long Island).

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I definitely consider Brick to be in South Jersey via the same geometric logic. It's definitely in the lower 50th percentile of vertical size. Not by a whole lot, admittedly, but it is. Most people from where I grow up Hunterdon/Somerset area definitely consider that South Jerysey.

the joke is that it isn't because everyone in brick/toms river is from up here. :laugh:

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Traffic wise leaving games is so much easier than the Meadowlands. There I use to have to run to the car to beat out the other traffic. Here, I watch the 3 stars and interview if we win, walk to my car normally, throw on the post game radio broadcast and the vast majority of the time I'm home before the show ends or a few minutes after it ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnny pierogi

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
This whole North/Central/South Jersey thing reminds me of "Upstate New York". To me, "Upstate" means anything in NY other than NYC and Long Island. To my friends in Westchester, it's anything north of Westchester/Rockland. To the people I know in Albany, it's anything north of their county.

i agree with this and think its pretty remarkable that a tiny island and a larger island makes up the "southern" part of a state as big as ny

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I did always feel like that bar area of the Hobby’s dining room was a bit odd and outdated. Maybe the insurance money can go towards some upgrades.

Reactions: NjDevs4994

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Are you implying some kind of insurance scheme Colin?!

Haha I mean the thought crossed my mind but the owners are such nice guys and seem content with the business as is, so I would be very surprised if that was the case. But I am curious to see how they rebuild that section of the restaurant.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Haha I mean the thought crossed my mind but the owners are such nice guys and seem content with the business as is, so I would be very surprised if that was the case. But I am curious to see how they rebuild that section of the restaurant.

"The fire was started accidentally when a pile of gasoline soaked rags was inadvertently stored under a falling match."

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
There is no train station in Parsippany. The nearest station is Mt. Tabor which is a slab of concrete with limited service let alone a major stop or hub.

The majority of the fanbase is in the central part of the state that has access to 2-3 rail lines, the Parkway and Turnpike.

Traffic is a problem, that I believe. If this PATH EWR station off Haynes Ave gets off the ground fans can park there(it's supposed to have a garage) instead of driving or dealing with expensive NJT. Or NJT can grow brains and extend the current light rail from Broad Street station to Lincoln Park with a stop on Market, preferably underground or its own right of way near the street.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I know there was a kind soul who had a free ticket to spare for the scrimmage at development camp 2 years ago.

If that were to happen again, I would be incredibly appreciative! :)

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
There is no train station in Parsippany. The nearest station is Mt. Tabor which is a slab of concrete with limited service let alone a major stop or hub.

The majority of the fanbase is in the central part of the state that has access to 2-3 rail lines, the Parkway and Turnpike.

Traffic is a problem, that I believe. If this PATH EWR station off Haynes Ave gets off the ground fans can park there(it's supposed to have a garage) instead of driving or dealing with expensive NJT. Or NJT can grow brains and extend the current light rail from Broad Street station to Lincoln Park with a stop on Market, preferably underground or its own right of way near the street.

Funniest thing I have ever read on the internet. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Reactions: Marv4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad