Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It really is a joke.

I used to think that. I dont anymore.

The Devils precisely know their STH base.

It's Stockholm Syndrome, and the Devils are the abductor. They can do whatever they want & they precisely know that a big X percent of the STH wont drop regardless of what they do. Monitoring this thread over the years has taught me that. Hell, we KNOW Devils ticketing has "monitored" & learned from this thread so it's no surprise. LOL

Reactions: sabremike

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I’m from westchester and yes it pisses us off lol. I generally consider upstate anything north of Albany but some consider anything from poughleepsie on up upstate.
So, I think my final take is that "upstate" isn't an actual place, but a description. It simply means "upstate from ME".

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah it's typically been a $5 garage type deal. They used to make a note of mentioning it in the event emails but I don't think I've seen anything like that mentioned recently.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
They didn't send an email out for tomorrow but they had sent an email out for Wednesday's event and it was $5.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Does anyone think they celebrate 20 years since the 2000 cup team this spring? Can't believe it'll be 5 years since we cerebrated the 95' squad.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Bet the 2000 Cup night will be in February when we play Dallas. It's also the 25th anniversary of 95 this season.

Reactions: Colin226

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Since I don't get much chance to attend games in person, I was looking at the Monday October 14th game. I don't think that is going to be that well attended. Monday after noon when most people still will have school or work. Can anyone enlighten me on the best way to get cheap tickets for that game?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Since I don't get much chance to attend games in person, I was looking at the Monday October 14th game. I don't think that is going to be that well attended. Monday after noon when most people still will have school or work. Can anyone enlighten me on the best way to get cheap tickets for that game?

Best bet is to probably just wait for a deal on StubHub close to game time unless you really want a particular section. I know I don’t have off of work that day and will be selling. The game will likely have a lot of kids there but I still don’t think it’ll draw well overall.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Hello everyone, I am selling games from the upcoming 2019-20 season. These are two tickets in section 105. Row 8. Seats 14/15. Here are the games that I am making available for this coming season.

10/10 - Edmonton
10/14 - Florida
10/25 - Arizona
10/30 - Tampa Bay
11/01- Philadelphia
11/15 - Pittsburgh
11/23 - Detroit
11/30 - NY Rangers
12/06 - Chicago
12/20 - Washington
12/31 - Boston
01/07 - NY Islanders
02/04 - Montreal
02/13 - Detroit
02/16 - Columbus
02/22 - Washington
03/12 - Carolina
03/21 - NY Islanders
03/23 - Columbus
03/29 - Carolina

I will bundle games to those interested, and would also considering selling off the whole thing to one buyer. Some really key games in here as you would get to see Jack Hughes and company take on Connor McDavid, Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby and of course multiple rivalry games being offered with a Ranger game, a Flyer game and two Islanders games.

I am looking to sell at $43.64 per game - which is lower over that what you're seeing on many secondary marketplaces for comparable seats Assuming to these same events.

Should you'd want the whole thing I'm offering it for $1,745. Assuming you just want to couple 5, 10 or whatever. I would need to figure that exact percentage out.

If interested, PM with whatever direction you'd like to and the game(s) you'd want. I'll make sure they get into your account ASAP.

Thanks for the consideration and Go Devils!

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Hello everyone, I am selling games from the upcoming 2019-20 season. These are two tickets in section 105. Row 8. Seats 14/15. Here are the games that I am making available for this coming season.

10/10 - Edmonton
10/14 - Florida
10/25 - Arizona
10/30 - Tampa Bay
11/01- Philadelphia
11/15 - Pittsburgh
11/23 - Detroit
11/30 - NY Rangers
12/06 - Chicago
12/20 - Washington
12/31 - Boston
01/07 - NY Islanders
02/04 - Montreal
02/13 - Detroit
02/16 - Columbus
02/22 - Washington
03/12 - Carolina
03/21 - NY Islanders
03/23 - Columbus
03/29 - Carolina

I will bundle games to those interested, and would also considering selling off the whole thing to one buyer. Some really key games in here as you would get to see Jack Hughes and company take on Connor McDavid, Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby and of course multiple rivalry games being offered with a Ranger game, a Flyer game and two Islanders games.

I am looking to sell at $43.64 per game - which is lower over that what you're seeing on many secondary marketplaces for comparable seats Assuming to these same events.

Should you'd want the whole thing I'm offering it for $1,745. Assuming you just want to couple 5, 10 or whatever. I would need to figure that exact percentage out.

If interested, PM with whatever direction you'd like to and the game(s) you'd want. I'll make sure they get into your account ASAP.

Thanks for the consideration and Go Devils!

Just to clarify, you’re selling the 11/30 Ranger game for the same price as the (for example) 10/14 Florida game?

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Just to clarify, you’re selling the 11/30 Ranger game for the same price as the (for example) 10/14 Florida game?

I'm selling each game at market value. I paid 43.65 per seat per game when I got my ticket package. So, correct me if I'm wrong but that would be the same price that the Devils would be offering, right? I wouldn't want to overinflate the prices for potential buyers, that wouldn't be right. I just want to sell each pair for what I bought them for.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I'm selling each game at market value. I paid 43.65 per seat per game when I got my ticket package. So, correct me if I'm wrong but that would be the same price that the Devils would be offering, right? I wouldn't want to overinflate the prices for potential buyers, that wouldn't be right. I just want to sell each pair for what I bought them for.

That may be the average price per ticket per game but the Devils use a variable price structure for each game. For instance, last season for your seats the Rangers game tickets cost STH in your section $68.25 per ticket, while the Dallas game in October cost only $30.19.

The Devils essentially price out each game individually based on expected demand (Ranger games being most in demand and thus most expensive) and add up the cost of all games to get the full season price that you paid. By you just charging people the average price of your total ticket package, you are underpricing your bigger draw games and overpricing the less desirable games. What will happen is you’ll sell the more desirable games quickly and be left with the less desirable games because you’re asking for too much.

I’d recommend either creating different prices yourself or waiting for the team to release the PDF that shows the breakdown of what your costs were for each individual game. This always comes out in September when they start the 8-game Buy Back Program. Then you’ll know exactly what you paid for each game.

I say this because at $43.65 per ticket for the Ranger game especially, someone could easily buy those tickets and flip them for a nice profit. I’m not going to take advantage of you by buying those tickets but you’re opening yourself up to it. You should also up the asking price for the Flyers game, 12/20 game, 12/31 game, and 3/21 game just right off the bat. Weekends and games when kids are home for holidays always have big draws. For the Ranger game, it’s a rivalry weekend holiday matinee game lol. I suspect it’ll be the hottest ticket of the season.

Charge more for the more desirable games because you will not get $43.65 for some of the other games on your list. Weekday games (not counting Friday), especially early in the season and/or against Western Conf teams, do not sell well at all. So by charging more for the desirable games, you offset the fact that you’ll need to charge less for the less desirable games if you want to sell them.

Just looking out for a fellow STH ;)

Reactions: mtnet and Patrik26

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
That may be the average price per ticket per game but the Devils use a variable price structure for each game. For instance, last season for your seats the Rangers game tickets cost STH in your section $68.25 per ticket, while the Dallas game in October cost only $30.19.

The Devils essentially price out each game individually based on expected demand (Ranger games being most in demand and thus most expensive) and add up the cost of all games to get the full season price that you paid. By you just charging people the average price of your total ticket package, you are underpricing your bigger draw games and overpricing the less desirable games. What will happen is you’ll sell the more desirable games quickly and be left with the less desirable games because you’re asking for too much.

I’d recommend either creating different prices yourself or waiting for the team to release the PDF that shows the breakdown of what your costs were for each individual game. This always comes out in September when they start the 8-game Buy Back Program. Then you’ll know exactly what you paid for each game.

I say this because at $43.65 per ticket for the Ranger game especially, someone could easily buy those tickets and flip them for a nice profit. I’m not going to take advantage of you by buying those tickets but you’re opening yourself up to it. You should also up the asking price for the Flyers game, 12/20 game, 12/31 game, and 3/21 game just right off the bat. Weekends and games when kids are home for holidays always have big draws. For the Ranger game, it’s a rivalry weekend holiday matinee game lol. I suspect it’ll be the hottest ticket of the season.

Charge more for the more desirable games because you will not get $43.65 for some of the other games on your list. Weekday games (not counting Friday), especially early in the season and/or against Western Conf teams, do not sell well at all. So by charging more for the desirable games, you offset the fact that you’ll need to charge less for the less desirable games if you want to sell them.

Just looking out for a fellow STH ;)

FWIW, if you pull up your account tickets for each game in the Devils NHL app and tap "Ticket Details" you'll see the ticket price you paid for that game. No need to wait on the .pdf although that's definitely easier to work with. :)

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Has anyone upgraded their seat location for the upcoming season? I've been told time and time again the Devils are extending the renewal period for STH. I think it's about time they give up and allow current STH the opportunity to upgrade. I'm going to contact my rep again and see what gives.

Reactions: Colin226

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
I'm a little confused with this for some reason...have tickets been released yet? Or are the ones on sale currently from something else?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm a little confused with this for some reason...have tickets been released yet? Or are the ones on sale currently from something else?
Do you mean the ones on the secondary market? Its always been like that. Fans/scalpers with season tickets who get them printed out always put them up early and there is probably a disclaimer saying the tickets will be mailed out at a certain date when available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad