HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
looks like the ticketexchange this year is using the ticketmaster web site, not ticketsnow.

Njdevils22

Dec 14, 2013
Any season ticket members get an invite to an event Wednesday night at W hotel in Hoboken with PK Subban and some other un-named devils? Since I haven’t renewed, this is the 3rd event I have been invited to this summer. I know there will be a sales pitch involved, but I would like to know if any current members got an invite, so I can question them on Wednesday why non members get “better” perks than paying members. Thanks

Reactions: dbv and David Conte

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Any season ticket members get an invite to an event Wednesday night at W hotel in Hoboken with PK Subban and some other un-named devils? Since I haven’t renewed, this is the 3rd event I have been invited to this summer. I know there will be a sales pitch involved, but I would like to know if any current members got an invite, so I can question them on Wednesday why non members get “better” perks than paying members. Thanks

None here. Did get the invite to PK Q&A and press conference on Thursday at Prudential. Also part 3 of the banner series - Patty :). Renewals and new STH must still be sucking wind with all of the events taking place.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014

A bit late to the party here (no pun intended), but talked to 5 families who renewed at various price points and none of them got this. I didn't get one either. Hope you attacked with that question if you had the chance! ;)

Reactions: dbv

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Is the new tactic to let your voicemail pick-up but not say anything & let it record background noise for 3 or 4 seconds, or does the new person with my number just not know how to use a phone?

Four calls in a row like that, 7/16, 7/18, 7/23, 7/25.

Reactions: sabremike

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
https://deadspin.com/brilliant-but-also-dumb-warriors-fan-says-he-had-a-tric-1836604329

with the mobile tickets becoming the norm i could see this becoming more frequent. The only areas that get checked twice at prudential are the club areas

I doubt it; because it's theft, and that guy could be arrested for his stupidity & charged with a crime.
...I used to do it all the time for baseball games. And that was several years ago before mobile got really big. Going to be a nightmare once teams start making fans scan their mobile tickets to get into their sections though.

I'm surprised how much play that story is getting because people do it A LOT. Heck, they arguably did it more when it wasn't mobile tickets. It was so easy to show a doctored print at home ticket years ago and sit wherever the heck you wanted (that was available) or get into VIP areas.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
lol at thinking you'd get arrested for that but the guy is an idiot for making a video advertising it.

do this all the time, but don't print up or doctor tickets. usually just check to see if there are better seats available in my section and try to move up, but have also looked in the lower bowl during the first couple periods and if there are seats that are clearly not used by the 3rd period maybe ill try to sneak down and get a better spot for the 3rd. worst that would happen is getting kicked out of the seats

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
people have been sneaking into lower sections for as long as there have been sporting events. i can't imagine it's worth the time and effort to prosecute someone for moving seats at an arena as opposed to just kicking them out or at worst banning them from the arena

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
though i think there's a big difference between doing that once in a while and a systematic fraud like that that guy in the video did

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
people have been sneaking into lower sections for as long as there have been sporting events. i can't imagine it's worth the time and effort to prosecute someone for moving seats at an arena as opposed to just kicking them out or at worst banning them from the arena

This is far different than that.

This involves committing fraud by physically altering a ticket (which is a contract), and then being dumb enough to admit to it while posting an online "how to" manual for the rest of the world to copy.

Stay tuned, because it wont shock me at all if the Warriors feel they have to make an example of this guy to protect what is literally the #1 source of ticketing revenue.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
also wouldn't be surprised if this kid gets made an example of but i also dont think theres going to be a rush to arrest everyone who moves up sections at games

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I did the same thing a couple years ago. Not doctoring the ticket, but I would check my phone to see which seats were still for sale on ticketmaster and then sneak down into one of them. I stopped doing it though, 'cause you know what's weird? The people sitting in that section... they know. They know who the regulars are, they know which seats are always empty, and when some random dude comes down a few minutes into the 1st period and plops down, they know.

Then I got legitimate row 2 tickets to a game, and took my dad. He recognized a friend a section over so we went over to say hi at the intermission. While we're chatting with him he pointed at some kids that were sitting in expensive seats and goes "see those kids? They don't have those seats, no way, I'm gonna let the usher know"

I don't know if he followed through on that, but I haven't done it since.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't think the team will go after the kid, they have a waiting list for season tickets so those seats were paid for anyway. It's bad pr to go after the fan and instead they will just change their system of how they check tickets.

AXS tickets has barcodes that refresh every 60 seconds, I expect ticketmaster will do something similar soon and that will basically eliminate screen shots of tickets going forward.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I stopped doing it though, 'cause you know what's weird? The people sitting in that section... they know. They know who the regulars are, they know which seats are always empty, and when some random dude comes down a few minutes into the 1st period and plops down, they know.

I know all the regulars in my area but I really don't care if someone sneaks down into a seat near me. I would never bother telling an usher unless you're being an absolute loud mouthed idiot.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I don't think the team will go after the kid, they have a waiting list for season tickets so those seats were paid for anyway. It's bad pr to go after the fan and instead they will just change their system of how they check tickets.

AXS tickets has barcodes that refresh every 60 seconds, I expect ticketmaster will do something similar soon and that will basically eliminate screen shots of tickets going forward.

TM has already released the rotating barcodes. All NFL teams will have it this season along with select concerts in 2019.

Reactions: Satans Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->