HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2010
NJ
One idea I have is to put kiosks on the concourse where you can go up, scan your digital ticket, and then have it print out a commemorative paper ticket. I think you'd absolutely have fans doing that for games and it could make some extra money if you charge for it.

In Vegas, they actually do print out a little paper stub for you after your digital ticket is scanned. This is primarily so that you can show it to ushers when going to your seats (and you don't have to worry about phone dying) but it was also nice to have to add to my stub collection.
New York bulls used to print you a paper copy from the self scan mobile kiosks at heir stadium that would basically print your info and Red Bull’s logo on basically receipt paper. Better than nothing, but they’ve even done away with the receipt tickets as they are completely “paperless”.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Build the next barn in Parisppany, right off of exit 43. There is so much dead space over there that it would perfect for an arena. Easy to get to, no insane traffic like the one in Newark, close enough for the majority of the fanbase. I can go on.

Better than the zoo of a traffic nightmare that Hoboken would of been, that's for sure. That would of been a total mess. Thank goodness that never was the location.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Build the next barn in Parisppany, right off of exit 43. There is so much dead space over there that it would perfect for an arena. Easy to get to, no insane traffic like the one in Newark, close enough for the majority of the fanbase. I can go on.

Better than the zoo of a traffic nightmare that Hoboken would of been, that's for sure. That would of been a total mess. Thank goodness that never was the location.

It won't have the train hub that Newark has though.

I never have insane traffic, honestly rarely have traffic at all and I'm always surprised when people complain about it.

I don't see us moving even when we need a newer building. The Flyers arena opened in the 90s and is getting new renovations done because it's cheaper to do it that way then to knock down the building and do a new one. I see us doing the same thing but that's still 15-20 years away.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I never have any traffic issues in Newark either but I suppose it depends on which way you're heading in and how close to the arena you're parking.

I go straight down Broad St. and park at the one of the further lots so I can be in and out pretty fast.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield

Parsippany? Stop trolling.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Parsippany gets bad traffic every weekday. I-80 can get backed up and I-287 is mess from Morristown north to the 80 intersection because you have routes 24, 10, and 46 also converging there.

Plus, a huge portion of the fan base is in Monmouth County and those folks would never make it up on a weekday. The traffic on 287 down in Middlesex and Somerset counties is horribly bad, worse than what I just described above, and that would be their most direct path there.

And as mentioned above, there would be no mass transit to help people avoid driving.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009

You want to build an arena in a suburb? :laugh:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
If the Devils went from Newark to Parsippany then I would go from attending 30 games a season to no longer being a STH and go to 5-10 games. Thats a big no from me. Newark is perfect for the people traveling from central and south Jersey. The traffic going into Newark coming from the South is rarely bad and its an easy train as well if you want to take mass transit.

We get that all of North Jersey sucks in terms of traffic but us Central and South folks don’t have to get dragged into that mess.

Reactions: New Jersey

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It won't have the train hub that Newark has though.

I never have insane traffic, honestly rarely have traffic at all and I'm always surprised when people complain about it.

I don't see us moving even when we need a newer building. The Flyers arena opened in the 90s and is getting new renovations done because it's cheaper to do it that way then to knock down the building and do a new one. I see us doing the same thing but that's still 15-20 years away.
The Devils aren't leaving Newark for a long, long time if ever. And if they do 25-50 years from now I can't imagine it will be for the proper burbs since a fair amount of the fanbase has come around to the convenience of public transportation options in Newark.

I also second your notion on traffic. I come in from the city and once I'm through the Holland it's generally pretty smooth sailing.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If the Devils went from Newark to Parsippany then I would go from attending 30 games a season to no longer being a STH and go to 5-10 games. Thats a big no from me. Newark is perfect for the people traveling from central and south Jersey. The traffic going into Newark coming from the South is rarely bad and its an easy train as well if you want to take mass transit.

We get that all of North Jersey sucks in terms of traffic but us Central and South folks don’t have to get dragged into that mess.

First off, central Jersey isn't even a thing. There is no central boundary or border, anyone who says there is just pumping hot air.

Secondly you all realize Parsippany is served by NY Metro and it's just as easily accessible as getting to Newark Penn Station. The Dover to NYC line stops there. It stops in Parisppany as well as Newark, public transit really wouldn't be affected as much as you think. It's not like I said build the thing in f***ing Newton or Sussex where the Miners play and there's no semblance of public transit.

Also, by car getting to Newark is a f***ing bitch, I'm in North Jersey, I'd say the majority of the fanbase by and large is in Morris, Essex and Northern NJ counties. On a dead day, against a western conference team it's not so bad but against the Rangers or anything significant? Holy hotcakes. It's an hour to go a few feet. Again, it's the second most cumbersome location they could of picked out besides Hoboken or some place in southern/*central* Jersey (which will never happen)

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Secondly you all realize Parsippany is served by NY Metro and it's just as easily accessible as getting to Newark Penn Station. The Dover to NYC line stops there. It stops in Parisppany as well as Newark, public transit really wouldn't be affected as much as you think. It's not like I said build the thing in ****ing Newton or Sussex where the Miners play and there's no semblance of public transit.

wut

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Pretty positive there isn’t even a train station in Parsippany :laugh: think the closest is Morris Plains.

And yeah I’ve gotten to Newark no problem for playoff games and rivalry games. Traffic kind of comes with the territory, don’t think it’d improve with a move to a suburb like area.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
I find the traffic is only bad during weeknight games if you time it wrong with people leaving Newark for their commute home, and even then it’s not bad.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
hoboken night life would've been a huge plus for the arena. other then that? not much more. also maybe drawing more interest from players as oppose to the "stigma" of newark

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Newark.

Is.

Fine.

Seriously this is probably some the most ridiculous nonsense I've read in here for quite some time.

If you think this team would draw better back in the suburbs than Newark, I can sell you the Pulaski Skyway.

Don't even get me started on Parsippany. :biglaugh: Because yeah, all our fans from Bergen and Monmouth Counties are just gonna *flock* there.

Nonsense. Sheer f***ing nonsense.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Secondly you all realize Parsippany is served by NY Metro and it's just as easily accessible as getting to Newark Penn Station. The Dover to NYC line stops there. It stops in Parisppany as well as Newark, public transit really wouldn't be affected as much as you think. It's not like I said build the thing in ****ing Newton or Sussex where the Miners play and there's no semblance of public transit.

Oh, yeah, just let me take the Main Line 40 minutes to Secaucus, transfer, and transfer again at Newark Penn Station to ride another 50 (or more?) minutes to Dover.

Newark Penn Station is a hub. You're talking about single-line stops that alienate people who don't live on the Morris & Essex, and if you live on the Montclair-Boonton, you have to change to the diesel train at MSU. That's the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Also, by car getting to Newark is a ****ing *****, I'm in North Jersey, I'd say the majority of the fanbase by and large is in Morris, Essex and Northern NJ counties. On a dead day, against a western conference team it's not so bad but against the Rangers or anything significant? Holy hotcakes. It's an hour to go a few feet. Again, it's the second most cumbersome location they could of picked out besides Hoboken or some place in southern/*central* Jersey (which will never happen)

I live 15 minutes from the border with NY state up in Northwestern Bergen...

I got home from my parking spot in less than 45 minutes after Game 3 against Tampa. :laugh:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
First off, central Jersey isn't even a thing. There is no central boundary or border, anyone who says there is just pumping hot air.

Well I lived in Morristown, Howell, Belmar, Manchester and Millville throughout my life. North, Central and South Jersey have three distinct cultures and the variety of geography are different in each area as well. One definitely cannot just cut NJ in half because it doesn’t adequately portray the state correctly.

But back to the topic , an arena in the Parsippany area is just a bad idea for many reasons which have been discussed here.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
"Off Exit 43, the train is right there..."

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

I'm sure residents of Tabor and Mountain Lakes would be f***ing THRILLED.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

This.

I'm still floored by this idea that the junction of 80 and 287 would function just fine if there was a major professional sports venue adjacent to it, implying that it never backs up now.

That *entire* swath of NJ suburbs are entirely automobile-dependent. This isn't a recent development.

Reactions: Blackjack

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
(wow I'm actually triggered by this)

My other favorite part of this is the implication that Prudential Center has been anything but an asset to the city of Newark. It's within a half hour train ride or drive of like, what, 3 or 4 MILLION people?! (And I didn't even factor in that it's a less than 30 minute ride from World Trade Center there.) It sells out for concerts and family shows all the time. Yeah, let's just totally write that off and have an Izod Redux right when Downtown Newark is actually starting to bounce back in earnest.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
This.

I'm still floored by this idea that the junction of 80 and 287 would function just fine if there was a major professional sports venue adjacent to it, implying that it never backs up now.

That *entire* swath of NJ suburbs are entirely automobile-dependent. This isn't a recent development.

Wait, you mean people already drive on route 80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad