HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I dont get this, is this a mobile only ticket and the barcode is only valid once doors open & continuously changes?

I went to our game in Vegas so I saw it first hand. Vegas is mobile-only ticketing and from the moment you purchase the ticket, the barcode changes every 60 seconds. So basically every time you would open the app you’d see a barcode that looked different. At the gate, they scanned your barcode like at any other event and it had a printer attached that would pop out a little stub with your seat location.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I went to our game in Vegas so I saw it first hand. Vegas is mobile-only ticketing and from the moment you purchase the ticket, the barcode changes every 60 seconds. So basically every time you would open the app you’d see a barcode that looked different.

What is the point of this though, is it intended to be a secondary market killer?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I went to our game in Vegas so I saw it first hand. Vegas is mobile-only ticketing and from the moment you purchase the ticket, the barcode changes every 60 seconds. So basically every time you would open the app you’d see a barcode that looked different. At the gate, they scanned your barcode like at any other event and it had a printer attached that would pop out a little stub with your seat location.

that sounds very time consuming and resource consuming which is the first reason why they wanted to go mobile. i know that isn't the real reason but going green was one of the first pitches to this whole process

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Christ almighty, like it's not enough of a pain in the ass already when you buy more than one ticket and need to distribute them.

Remember when pdf tickets first came out? That was awesome, you just emailed one pdf to each person, and let that person decide how to use it (print or phone). I honestly can't believe how bad it's gotten since then.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
that sounds very time consuming and resource consuming which is the first reason why they wanted to go mobile. i know that isn't the real reason but going green was one of the first pitches to this whole process

You bought that?

Being "Green" is ALWAYS part of the initial salvo in any business BS.

It's. Always. About. Money.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Christ almighty, like it's not enough of a pain in the ass already when you buy more than one ticket and need to distribute them.

Remember when pdf tickets first came out? That was awesome, you just emailed one pdf to each person, and let that person decide how to use it (print or phone). I honestly can't believe how bad it's gotten since then.

Truth.

I was able to do this the other day at a minor league baseball team (i.e. small peanuts) that still uses PDF tickets. It was so nice.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What is the point of this though, is it intended to be a secondary market killer?

They want to kill the secondary market that they don't get a part of. Stubhub is always a few steps ahead of them but ticketmaster and teams don't care if you sell tickets, they just want you to sell it through their official secondary website so they get another cut of the money.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They want to kill the secondary market that they don't get a part of. Stubhub is always a few steps ahead of them but ticketmaster and teams don't care if you sell tickets, they just want you to sell it through their official secondary website so they get another cut of the money.

Yeah, I totally agree, but like 2/3 of "the secondary market" is Stubhub. That's what I'm wondering.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I get their point that this kills any ticket fraud as you’d absolutely need to see the rotating barcode to believe it’s a real ticket, but in no way is anyone dumb enough to actually believe that’s the real motive for this move..
I wish I could find the story but it was reported that a few years back when the Yankees drew well over 3 million they had a grand total of dud tickets >300. For you math nerds that's fewer than 4 per game.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You know the hype train has left the station when you just sold your tickets to a November Wednesday night game against Ottawa in July. :laugh:

Face value or for profit? Ticket exchange or elsewhere? I have to sell a few games this season but would rather get the cash back then use a buyback.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
You know the hype train has left the station when you just sold your tickets to a November Wednesday night game against Ottawa in July. :laugh:

More likely some random Senators fan booking a vacation & doesnt realize he could have walked in next-to-free to that game

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Face value or for profit? Ticket exchange or elsewhere? I have to sell a few games this season but would rather get the cash back then use a buyback.

A very slight profit, like $10 after seller fees over what the pair is listed at on my invoice.

I don't really try to make money, I just like recovering some of my cost for the season and ensuring I'm there at STH face, which basically the whole reason I have seasons.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I try never to sell regular season tickets till the promo schedule comes out unless I absolutely know I can't make it, you never know when they'll throw something big in there.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
More likely some random Senators fan booking a vacation & doesnt realize he could have walked in next-to-free to that game

Yeah, true.

Hoping a pair of Bruins fans fall for a hilarious mark-up on a game I'm willing to go to if they don't sell. :laugh:

I do try to price to sell, but certain opponents I'll try to gouge, e.g. Rags, Philly, Pitt, Boston.

Reactions: Patrik26

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I try never to sell regular season tickets till the promo schedule comes out unless I absolutely know I can't make it, you never know when they'll throw something big in there.

This season will be 25th and 20th anniversary of the first 2 Cups so there should be a couple reunion/event nights one would think.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Are they selling individual game tickets yet? Is the home opener sold out?

Individual pre-sale starts August 6th for STH first. Details haven't been sent yet and there wasn't any mention of general public yet.

upload_2019-7-30_17-30-8.png

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
that’s for season ticket holders? have the flex plan but haven’t received anything would be kind of f’d to give sth an option to buy more tickets before other members who’ve already paid

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i say that fully realizing that they are de-prioritizing the flex plan but it would be nice not to be treated as such so blatantly sometimes

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
...I used to do it all the time for baseball games. And that was several years ago before mobile got really big. Going to be a nightmare once teams start making fans scan their mobile tickets to get into their sections though.

I'm surprised how much play that story is getting because people do it A LOT. Heck, they arguably did it more when it wasn't mobile tickets. It was so easy to show a doctored print at home ticket years ago and sit wherever the heck you wanted (that was available) or get into VIP areas.
A lot is an understatement.

But mobile might actually make it more difficult.

I used to save stubs and printed tickets from expensive seats and just mosey on down at future events. This also never failed for me using Devils tickets for the Nets, UFC, Lady Gaga, or the Misfits.

And yes, I'm aware my taste in things is quite odd.

Reactions: dbv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad