HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Previous thread: HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

This is the thread where HF members can buy and sell Devils tickets with some relevant info:

Facebook page cj and others run for buying and selling tickets: Log into Facebook | Facebook
Devils' regular season schedule: New Jersey Devils Schedule

Single-game pricing info and promo schedule available eventually...

Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals. Buyer beware.

This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

PruCenter Food Menus

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Hell's Kitchen
Market Street Grill
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Dinosaur BBQ
Bello's Bar and Grill
Mercato Tomato Pie
Redd's Biergarten

Hotel Information:
Hotel Indigo
Marriott Courtyard Hotel (outside Prudential Center)
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

NEW: A link to the directory of the new food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91981831&postcount=989
And a link to the menus of said food stands: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91133597&postcount=578

Club seat access:
Section 7 & 9 (Rows GL1 to 5): The newly designed private clubs invite guests to experience a lively atmosphere with the best sight lines. You’ll receive luxury seating, access to the newly renovated clubs and an all-inclusive gourmet buffet. Rows 6 and above: No club access.

Section 18 & 20 (Rows GL1 to 8): The newly designed private clubs invite guests to experience a lively atmosphere with the best sight lines. You’ll receive luxury seating, access to the newly renovated clubs and an all-inclusive gourmet buffet. Rows 9 and above: No club access

Section 8 & 19 (all rows) The newly designed private clubs invite guests to experience a lively atmosphere with the best sight lines. You’ll receive luxury seating, access to the newly renovated clubs and an all-inclusive gourmet buffet.
Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
FWIW the toy drive games are probably the worst three they could have possibly picked lol

Tuesday 2/5 LA
Thursday 2/21 Ottawa
Monday 2/25 Montreal

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
FWIW the toy drive games are probably the worst three they could have possibly picked lol

Tuesday 2/5 LA
Thursday 2/21 Ottawa
Monday 2/25 Montreal

For once they did the right thing and gave stinkers as the free ones. Even with that by the time I got to my seat last night with the voucher there was literally nothing left for all 3 games. Lots of sets of 3 though which you can't get because that would leave 1 seat open.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

martyisgod

Dec 30, 2007
Sayreville
For once they did the right thing and gave stinkers as the free ones. Even with that by the time I got to my seat last night with the voucher there was literally nothing left for all 3 games. Lots of sets of 3 though which you can't get because that would leave 1 seat open.

I swear they do that on purpose so you get someone else to go and buy the 3rd ticket

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

More seats will become available in the coming days.
Keep checking

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014

Open up ticketmaster in a new window and attempt to buy one ticket from the group of 3. When you get to the checkout screen, it'll hold that ticket for 6-10 minutes; instead of completing the transaction, use that time to refresh your original window with the voucher code and scoop up the two seats you want without that pesky third one interfering. :thumbu:

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Open up ticketmaster in a new window and attempt to buy one ticket from the group of 3. When you get to the checkout screen, it'll hold that ticket for 6-10 minutes; instead of completing the transaction, use that time to refresh your original window with the voucher code and scoop up the two seats you want without that pesky third one interfering. :thumbu:

Huge if true. Can anyone else confirm?

Reactions: David Conte

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

If you could only draft better DC

Reactions: David Conte

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
So the highlight of last night's disaster was coming across the edible cookie dough stand under the old goal bar. That stuff is spectacular.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Annual Forbes league valuations
The Devils increased attendance 4% last season, as the team made the playoffs for the first time in six seasons. The 15,200 fans per game at the Prudential Center still ranked among the bottom five teams for the fourth consecutive year. But the average rating on MSG+ increased 50%, to 0.59. The bright spot financially was the Prudential Center, among the busiest arenas in the world (ranked 16 in 2017 by Pollstar) and operated by the team's owners. As a result, the Devils generate among the most revenues in the NHL from non-hockey events. The team is also taking advantage of the legalization of sports betting in New Jersey. The betting category is expected to add $5 million annually to the team's coffers via sponsorships.

New Jersey Devils on the Forbes The Business of Hockey List

Full league link:

The Business Of Hockey

Reactions: Colin226

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Does Forbes know that if the Devils sold out every game at 16,514 it would still put them near the bottom 5?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

"Transfernation began collecting cooked and unserved food from all New Jersey Devils home games on Oct. 11. Legends, Prudential Center's official hospitality partner, prepares and executes the donation to Transfernation which then gets distributed among the various beneficiaries. The beneficiaries selected for 2018-19 season include Integrity House, Catholic Charities of the Archdioceses of Newark, St. John's Soup Kitchen and Goodwill Rescue Mission/The Bowery Mission. "

That's great too

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

I always love looking at these numbers when they come out even if they are just estimates. Our EBITDA is very strong relative to the teams around us in value, including several Canadian teams. Shows that we have some smart people on the business side of things.

And it’s always interesting comparing us to the Islanders. Our “arena value” obviously crushes them but I’m curious why Forbes thinks their market value is slightly higher than ours, albeit not a huge difference.

Either way, this analysis once again that the arena will always be the backbone for the franchise. So long as we have competent management/ownership to help fill the building for non-sports events and to keep it a modern facility, having the Devils as an anchor tenant to fill dates and sell sponsorships just makes perfect sense. I’m sure Harris is also loving the NHL expansion money he’s getting and sent Gary a very nice Hanukah present.

Reactions: New Jersey

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I always love looking at these numbers when they come out even if they are just estimates. Our EBITDA is very strong relative to the teams around us in value, including several Canadian teams. Shows that we have some smart people on the business side of things.

And it’s always interesting comparing us to the Islanders. Our “arena value” obviously crushes them but I’m curious why Forbes thinks their market value is slightly higher than ours, albeit not a huge difference.

Either way, this analysis once again that the arena will always be the backbone for the franchise. So long as we have competent management/ownership to help fill the building for non-sports events and to keep it a modern facility, having the Devils as an anchor tenant to fill dates and sell sponsorships just makes perfect sense. I’m sure Harris is also loving the NHL expansion money he’s getting and sent Gary a very nice Hanukah present.

If it weren't for the arena and location being in a very accessible area, I'm not so sure we would have had a buyer otherwise for a more extended period and some teams do struggle to sell for longer periods partially because of the very reason of their arena situation. Most sports teams aren't very profitable which of course doesn't make them as attractive to buy when up for sale. Add in that they aren't tied to any other form of profit such as an arena, they aren't as attractive for potential buyers and these guys that are wealthy enough to purchase sports teams didn't get their money by making poor financial decisions.

When the rock was built, it was right before the big boom in distinct and more modern design and technology hit in the early 2010s and it yet still fits right in very nicely as if it were only built recently which goes to show that this was one that got done right.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
When the rock was built, it was right before the big boom in distinct and more modern design and technology hit in the early 2010s and it yet still fits right in very nicely as if it were only built recently which goes to show that this was one that got done right.

I would disagree and say The Rock was one of the ones at the forefront of that design movement.

Reactions: New Jersey

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I would disagree and say The Rock was one of the ones at the forefront of that design movement.

That isn't unreasonable. More so I was eluding to how in comparison to some of the outlandish (in a good/unique way) venues that have been built in the decade or so since, it still stands the test of that time period well. Many of these new venues are designs on steroids all incorporating their own unique 'wow' factor. When the rock was built, the unique and newer features that really weren't seen much elsewhere were the glass windows, towers, and digital screen out front along with the new amenities inside, but it wasn't anything that was earth shattering like those new venues I'm referring to (Vegas, Barclays, Marlins, Cowboys, Falcons Vikings to name a few).

Edit: I would add The Rock in more so with the Nashville, Columbus, Minnesota, Phoenix type arenas as being innovative, yet not in that outlandish sense.

It is cool to see though with these new venues because when you look at the design history of sports venues, you see the earlier designs were built very large to hold such numbers of people, then later on as those venues aged and new ones came along, in the mid to late 1900s, many venues followed similar designs and particularly between the 60s and 90s it was as if many followed the same general design plan to the point that too many looked the same. Today the uniqueness is what is being striven for and it gives each venue it's own character.

Those baseball/football and hockey/basketball arenas from the 60s-90s were all more or less carbon copies of one another looking at it further :laugh:. Houston, San Diego, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Montreal Mets, Philly, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Devils, Islanders, Red Wings, etc.

Last edited:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
2,400+ tickets for Vegas (Friday) and 2,500+ for Toronto (Tuesday) on SH right now. I could see Friday's game maybe attracting some buyers, but if the Devils shit the bed, Tuesdays prices will crater. They may crater anyway given it's a weeknight game one week before Christmas.

EDIT: Friday on TM doesn't look much better. Losing does have its drawbacks.

vegas.PNG

Last edited:

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah I had tickets move effortlessly for most of the season despite the losses, probably since the record on the road was the real turd in the punch bowl while the home record was more than respectable.

Since the extended losing streak in recent weeks though, it's become harder to sell any games I can't go to at home. Already had one I couldn't give away not long ago so I'm guessing Vegas is going to be a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad