HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
In looking at the draft lottery reaction video the Devils put out it looks like a decent group of people were watching the draft lottery from Redd’s in Newark. Look at the 0:21 mark:

Click here

Did anyone hear about there being an unofficial gathering to watch it there? It’s like a decent number of people, especially for a Tuesday night. Just amazed I wouldn’t have heard about it on social media (not that I would have driven an hour each way just for that).

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Did anyone hear about there being an unofficial gathering to watch it there? It’s like a decent number of people, especially for a Tuesday night. Just amazed I wouldn’t have heard about it on social media (not that I would have driven an hour each way just for that).

I noticed that too and thought it odd. I didn't (for once) get an email about it.

Reactions: Colin226

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014

The full video of that Redd's gathering was tweeted out by the Chief Revenue Officer of HBSE, so between that and the fact that nobody (from what I could see) was wearing a jersey, I suspect that it was mainly comprised of employees.

Reactions: Colin226

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The full video of that Redd's gathering was tweeted out by the Chief Revenue Officer of HBSE, so between that and the fact that nobody (from what I could see) was wearing a jersey, I suspect that it was mainly comprised of employees.

it definitely were devil employees. in the video the devils showed there were a couple scenes in other areas that it were employee reactions.

Reactions: David Conte

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
For those who paid season tickets in full the buyback credit just hit my credit card.

I don't pay in full, but my payments until January went down by over $65.

giphy.gif

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
So I just had a new oil tank inspected today. The fire inspector noticed the devils plates on my car and mentioned that he had been a season ticket holder for years. He then was saying he was the fire inspector for Newark and was in charge of the Prudential Center when it first opened.

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but the place didn't feel like it was completed opening night. I remember the concrete holding the hand rails still drying, among other things.

As it turns out, the building didn't get its certificate of occupancy until well after it opened. He said for the first games, concerts, etc. they had to have an army of firemen working OT to be present at all events until they got the certificate. I'm surprised it was allowed to be occupied at all, even with the firemen there. I'm not sure how much they would have helped had there been an incident.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't remember it feeling that way but it was over decade ago and I just remember being thrilled to be there and not in the Meadowlands anymore.

Reactions: New Jersey

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't remember it feeling that way but it was over decade ago and I just remember being thrilled to be there and not in the Meadowlands anymore.
I remember the whole newness of it all. Figuring out how to get there, where to park, seeing the high school hockey jerseys on the columns, the excitement, etc.

But I do also remember it feeling quite unfinished and rushed, and I remember the cup holders that were at the end of each arm rest that was particularly space-consuming in the corners. I'm a 6'4 240 pound guy, I need all the space I can get :)

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
So I just had a new oil tank inspected today. The fire inspector noticed the devils plates on my car and mentioned that he had been a season ticket holder for years. He then was saying he was the fire inspector for Newark and was in charge of the Prudential Center when it first opened.

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but the place didn't feel like it was completed opening night. I remember the concrete holding the hand rails still drying, among other things.

As it turns out, the building didn't get its certificate of occupancy until well after it opened. He said for the first games, concerts, etc. they had to have an army of firemen working OT to be present at all events until they got the certificate. I'm surprised it was allowed to be occupied at all, even with the firemen there. I'm not sure how much they would have helped had there been an incident.

lol we do this shit live, don't we? i didn't attend my first game in newark until feb 2008 so i don't have a point of reference.

vanderbeek was a character.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I remember the whole newness of it all................But I do also remember it feeling quite unfinished and rushed, and I remember the cup holders that were at the end of each arm rest that was particularly space-consuming in the corners. I'm a 6'4 240 pound guy, I need all the space I can get :)

Same. It had new-building smell. And there were places where you knew things were eventually going to go, but weren't quite there yet. I was there for the STH inspection (or whatever they called it) before the building opened. And apparently you're one of the ***** that complained and got my cupholder removed from my UL seats :rant: #NeverForget

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Same. It had new-building smell. And there were places where you knew things were eventually going to go, but weren't quite there yet. I was there for the STH inspection (or whatever they called it) before the building opened. And apparently you're one of the ***** that complained and got my cupholder removed from my UL seats :rant: #NeverForget

I really, *really* hope we're only like 5-7 (less would be better) years off from every seat in the arena being replaced, with cupholders for every seat that won't get destroyed, of course.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Don't count on it. The arena is booked that entire weekend for people willing to pay to watch other people play video games.

The draft party for 2017 wasn't in the arena, it was located on Edison Pl and the establishments on that block. KCON was at Prudential the same night, June 23 so that's not an issue.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Don't count on it. The arena is booked that entire weekend for people willing to pay to watch other people play video games.

What’s the difference between that and us paying to watch other people play a sport? Even worse, we talk about that sport with strangers on the internet.

Some people even pay big money for the laundry/clothing worn during the sport,
and then talk about that on the internet with other strangers who enjoy collecting the clothing :laugh:

My point is I don’t knock others for their hobbies because anyone could knock me for mine

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What’s the difference between that and us paying to watch other people play a sport? Even worse, we talk about that sport with strangers on the internet.

I don't even mind competitive video game tournaments and leagues but to me there is still a huge difference vs real sports.

No matter how much I wanted to I'd never be able to make an NHL roster and skate, shoot and check as hard as the professionals do.

Video games, while I may not be able to beat everyone else in them, I can still play the same exact game these people are playing at home.

The NHL video game tournament that NBCSN aired was the worst to me, it was everyone playing as the same few teams, Pittsburgh and Winnipeg nonstop the one year I watched it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad