HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucifer91

Jul 29, 2011
NJ
How were the seats? When I went to the flames game I saw Weber coming out of there glad handing (that the expression?) some bigwigs

The platinum lounge/VIP Seats were amazing. I was in the lounge, wearing my Hall jersey, getting some chicken skewers, when I look next to me and Hall is getting some food to go, I am guessing back up to the box. I got a pic with him.

I asked one of the guys that came down with him, guessing security or something, why they would come down here for the food. He said this lounge has the best food. My brother said that it was the best sushi he ever had.

Reactions: Colin226

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Whoever controls ticket pricing for the Devils got caught with their pants down for the game tonight. One of the biggest revenue generating games of the year is a complete dud. They should of dynamically priced the tickets down probably around January when the secondary market started to tank for this game to get more people in the building. I get both teams stink but even Rangers fans are looking at those primary prices and saying I can go to MSG for less this week or just buy on the secondary. I understand they want to price high since they have FOMO when the secondary market has an uptick but those few thousand blue dots on TM aren't going to be filled tonight.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I used a buyback and most of the season ticket holders around me did the same. Tonight might be the least crowded Devils vs Rangers regular season game ever.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Whoever controls ticket pricing for the Devils got caught with their pants down for the game tonight. One of the biggest revenue generating games of the year is a complete dud. They should of dynamically priced the tickets down probably around January when the secondary market started to tank for this game to get more people in the building. I get both teams stink but even Rangers fans are looking at those primary prices and saying I can go to MSG for less this week or just buy on the secondary. I understand they want to price high since they have FOMO when the secondary market has an uptick but those few thousand blue dots on TM aren't going to be filled tonight.

Even the cheapest price on SH is $40 each for a pair and $43 for a single.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It's also the first time ever both teams have missed the playoffs in the same year so yeah I don't even see tons of Rangers even having interest in this game.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Apologies if this has been asked before but are laptops allowed inside? Coming from a meeting that is offsite and won't have time to leave my laptop at my office.

I checked the Pru website and didn't see anything saying you couldn't so I'm going with that for now.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Apologies if this has been asked before but are laptops allowed inside? Coming from a meeting that is offsite and won't have time to leave my laptop at my office.

I checked the Pru website and didn't see anything saying you couldn't so I'm going with that for now.

Yes you can bring them in, they will just go through the bag.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Any idea what the construction is over behind section 115? They have the area by that stairwell blocked off like they are doing some major renovations but I can’t figure out what that would be..

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Any idea what the construction is over behind section 115? They have the area by that stairwell blocked off like they are doing some major renovations but I can’t figure out what that would be..
Saw that as well, don’t have a clue

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The part I watched them film before one of the Devils game is in the trailer, right when the kids steal his sign and run away, that's all in Newark right next to the arena...

Reactions: R8NJ

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I was just checking out my STH account and there's a $200 invoice for 2019-20 Group Renewal. WTF? Anyone ever heard of this?

EDIT: So apparently since I got a group of 8 together for one game this season, there's the assumption I'll do it again next season and I can put a deposit down now. Nope. Not going to do it.

Last edited:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Not that it should surprise anyone, but I saw my rep today at Paint the Ice and he mentioned they've extended the renewal period for STH. When you have a subpar product AND you raise ticket prices, you're going to lose renewals. Not to worry. They can always raise concession prices to make up for lost revenue.

Reactions: dbv

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol they'd better extend renewals past July then or hope for a lottery win to get some impulse renewals.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
lol they'd better extend renewals past July then or hope for a lottery win to get some impulse renewals.

I was told by my rep this past Saturday that the renewal deadline was extended and that the ticket relocation event for STH wouldn't be until June maybe even July.

The renewal percentage is definitely going up lol.

That it will. So will the relentless sales calls.

Was just thinking the same ;)

Glad I renewed already. Not that I wasn't going to. :)

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The marketing team can give me a credit to my account for giving them this easy tag line.... "RENEW FOR HUGHES!"

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
To the surprise of nobody, I already got an email and a phone call about renewing. Also heard from a few others who aren't sth who got email blasts as well.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
To the surprise of nobody, I already got an email and a phone call about renewing. Also heard from a few others who aren't sth who got email blasts as well.

I got the e-mail ... and then replied to my rep, reminding her why I opted out (they reneged on a promise to allow Flex Membership for 2018-2019, but I had so much buy-back credit (that wouldn't be refunded) that, by downsizing to two tickets from four, about 40% of 2018-2019 cost was covered, so I renewed).

About five minutes after I sent the e-mail, I got a call from my rep ... saying that they could get me a Flex Membership:biglaugh:

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Hahahahhah! You're never leaving. Every year you say you're going to dump your ST, but you never do.

Haha ... nope, i opted-out in February. The downsizing was for this past season, to avoid losing my buy-back from the year before (which I had thought I was going to apply to a Flex Plan). After 23 years, I am done.

Lo and behold, today they call to say I can do a Flex Membership ... however, the buy-in is 90% of what my full-season would have cost, and they can't tell me what the pricing will be like (since they have to make up their arbitrary per-game sth costs first). With a lower buy-in, I might consider it. But if you figure the discount will be maybe 50% of the sth discount, I can likely make up my own Flex plan on the secondary market for less, with no required minimum purchase (and no upfront payment).

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Wow, I'm amazed. I just figured you were a lifer because you seemed to suffer through XYZ nonsense year-after-year.

Yeah .... life happens. I started in 1995, sharing two seats with a friend when my first son was just a year old. Friend moved, I took over both tickets ... I went up to four tickets in 2003, by which time I had three kids. We were "Gold Circle" members, and they had some great events that the kids loved (skating with the team, player award luncheon).

Now, oldest son lives in NYC, but with his work schedule, he can't make any weeknight games. Middle son lives in central CT and works in tv production, so his availability is limited. Youngest son is in college in FL. So my per-game ticket needs vary from 2-5 (and I can't make nearly every game), and I sometimes take clients to more-expensive seats.

At a reasonable minimum, I would probably do the Flex Plan that they are now offering me. But I figure I can do the Stubhub Flex Plan, giving me more flexibility and probably better pricing. Or I can just go on the FB page and berate sths who won't give me tickets for $10:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad