HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The best part is that nobody is forcing you to buy tickets or eat the food. If you don't like it, don't do it. It's not forced on you.

I already made both those decisions by dumping my season tickets & no longer eating the food.

But this would be an awful lonely forum if people didnt discuss.......uhh..... what's being discussed.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
There's complaints, and then there is the Devils can never do anything right. This thread in particular seems to contain a lot of posters who are in the latter group of thinking.

Reactions: New Jersey

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
There's complaints, and then there is the Devils can never do anything right. This thread in particular seems to contain a lot of posters who are in the latter group of thinking.

I'm long-time on record stating there's great disparity between the Devils on-ice & hockey operations, which is intelligent & competently sound, & the Devils business office, which varies by year between Hindenburg-bad at worst & Keystone Cops at best.

For long-time fans of this team with lots of experience dealing with the "office", or even simply watching from afar how the seemingly simplest task can be botched to hell, I just don't see how that's debatable really.

To simplify this discussion, if you put every NHL, NBA, NFL, MBA, MLS, etc... team in a bucket & compared all 150'ish of them, I am highly confident the Devils would rank very low in terms of their operational efficiency, fan customer service, yada, yada, yada.

Reactions: sabremike

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I'm long-time on record stating there's great disparity between the Devils on-ice & hockey operations, which is intelligent & competently sound, & the Devils business office, which varies by year between Hindenburg-bad at worst & Keystone Cops at best.

For long-time fans of this team with lots of experience dealing with the "office", or even simply watching from afar how the seemingly simplest task can be botched to hell, I just don't see how that's debatable really.

To simplify this discussion, if you put every NHL, NBA, NFL, MBA, MLS, etc... team in a bucket & compared all 150'ish of them, I am highly confident the Devils would rank very low in terms of their operational efficiency, fan customer service, yada, yada, yada.

In 2017 ranked second in the NYC metro area only to the NY Red Bulls.

2017 J.D. Power Fan Experience Study

Assumptions based on anecdotal experiences are just that; assumptions. Could the Devils be better in some areas? Absolutely. However, based on actual data, they are nowhere near the "Hindenburg-bad" level of service as you claim to be. There will always be those who are completely satisfied and never post, and there will always be those who are never satisfied but post up a storm. It is no secret that those who tend to have a bad experience are more likely to voice displeasure than those who are completely satisfied, so there is that as well.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
In 2017 ranked second in the NYC metro area only to the NY Red Bulls.

2017 J.D. Power Fan Experience Study

Those scores are based on a combined 7 metrics, and only 2 of them remotely pertain to what people here are talking about (food & ticket purchase).

So I wanted to see how the Devils scored in the food category, but I cant because there's no data in the link you posted.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Got a call from the Devils about a draft party, limited number of tickets and season ticket holder get first dibs. Emails should be sent soon.

...now let’s see whose the first one who will whine about this. :popcorn:

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Those scores are based on a combined 7 metrics, and only 2 of them remotely pertain to what people here are talking about (food & ticket purchase).

So I wanted to see how the Devils scored in the food category, but I cant because there's no data in the link you posted.

Now you are splitting hairs since you do not have data to back up your assertions

I do not have that particular set of data, but I was going by your post which said " To simplify this discussion, if you put every NHL, NBA, NFL, MBA, MLS, etc... team in a bucket & compared all 150'ish of them, I am highly confident the Devils would rank very low in terms of their operational efficiency, fan customer service, yada, yada, yada. " which is pretty obvious you meant all-encompassing.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Now you are splitting hairs since you do not have data to back up your assertions

No, I literally wanted to read the info behind what you posted, and I cant because it's not provided.

It's like saying, "devsman84 is the #1 poster on all of HFBOards", but then I cant see any info into how that was arrived upon, but I can see that at least 70% of the info seems irrelevant.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
No, I literally wanted to read the info behind what you posted, and I cant because it's not provided.

It's like saying, "devsman84 is the #1 poster on all of HFBOards", but then I cant see any info into how that was arrived upon, but I can see that at least 70% of the info seems irrelevant.

So you put up anecdotal evidence versus an actual study but you are arguing that your anecdotal evidence should take priority due to you not seeing all the metrics used in the study? I would also take 30% of actual solid quantified data over a handful of posters who constantly make it sound like the team can never do anything right.

If an actual study said "Devsman84 is the worst poster of all time" I would take that more seriously than some random dude telling me how terrible I am, especially if that random dude happens to have a serious ax to grind.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
this probably sounds selfish and elitist, but good.

It's smart; they need to offer some perks to STH or what's the point? Granted that's not much of a perk, but at least it's something.

So you put up anecdotal evidence versus an actual study but you are arguing that your anecdotal evidence should take priority due to you not seeing all the metrics used in the study?

I put zero stock in your "study" when I cant actually read what the "study" says in the first place. Neither should you.

Not to mention, the entire thing relates solely to game day experience anyway.

Regardless, as I mentioned, most of that "study" studied things that are irrelevant to what we're actually talking about (e.g. food & ticket sales/service). How do you know they didn't score highly on much of the irrelevant things (seating areas, ushers, ability to leave the game, souvenirs) and the food brought them down a bit? Answer: You dont. In fact, if you look at your "study", the 2 metrics we're talking about (food & ticketing issues) contributed low contributions to the actual score!

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
It's smart; they need to offer some perks to STH or what's the point? Granted that's not much of a perk, but at least it's something.

I put zero stock in your "study" when I cant actually read what the "study" says in the first place. Neither should you.

Not to mention, the entire thing relates solely to game day experience anyway.

Regardless, as I mentioned, most of that "study" studied things that are irrelevant to what we're actually talking about (e.g. food & ticket sales/service). How do you know they didn't score highly on much of the irrelevant things (seating areas, ushers, ability to leave the game, souvenirs) and the food brought them down a bit? Answer: You dont. In fact, if you look at your "study", the 2 metrics we're talking about (food & ticketing issues) contributed low contributions to the actual score!

Again, I posted that study in response to this statement you made: "To simplify this discussion, if you put every NHL, NBA, NFL, MBA, MLS, etc... team in a bucket & compared all 150'ish of them, I am highly confident the Devils would rank very low in terms of their operational efficiency, fan customer service, yada, yada, yada." I am interpreting yada, yada, yada to be all-encompassing include "irreleveant" things like ushers, souvenirs, etc. Again, you are trying to split hairs to slip out of the corner you put yourself into.

Please post a study that states what you have asserted and counters that of the study I posted. I will take a study a million times over anecdotal stories based on how you feel the Devils are treating you and other fans. As a popular conservative commentator likes to say; facts don't care about your feelings. Once I am shown a study that shows the Devils are "very low in terms of operational efficiency, fan customer service, yada, yada, yada" I will take you much more seriously.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
you are trying to split hairs to slip out of the corner you put yourself into.

No, I'm not.

I probably could have summed up my entire post much better simply saying that the "study" you posted doesn't say what you think it says (at all).

Did you actually read the entire article and see what the metrics for scoring are based on? Because it's not what you are claiming and has very little to do with the back office, beyond ticketing and food, which I already noted. Also, "ticketing" and "food" were low score contributes to the study, so again, what exactly is the point you think you're making?

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
No, I'm not.

I probably could have summed up my entire post much better simply saying that the "study" you posted doesn't say what you think it says (at all).

Did you actually read the entire article and see what the metrics for scoring are based on? Because it's not what you are claiming and has very little to do with the back office, beyond ticketing and food, which I already noted. Also, "ticketing" and "food" were low score contributes to the study, so again, what exactly is the point you think you're making?

lol Yes I did and it actually has quantifiable metrics over anecdotal evidence.

The categories were listed in order of importance. Nowhere does it say what % that it contributes to the score. Regardless, even if it was very little, if it were nearly as bad as you and others say it was their score would likely be lower than what it is.

Again, please show me some sort of study that was performed, that backs up your claims that between all the teams in all the major leagues in NA that the Devils would rank near the bottom in either ticketing or food. I am not going to trust anecdotes from one of the same 5-6 people on a thread that is now in it's Xth incarnation with whom the Devils can seemingly never do anything right in their eyes.

Reactions: Colin226

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Ughhh I’ll be traveling for all of that week and flying back into EWR at like 3:45pm that day. While I really wanted to attend the party and celebrate with all of the fans, I’m guessing I’ll step off that plane and want to race home to my couch... we’ll see

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Ughhh I’ll be traveling for all of that week and flying back into EWR at like 3:45pm that day. While I really wanted to attend the party and celebrate with all of the fans, I’m guessing I’ll step off that plane and want to race home to my couch... we’ll see
But... but...

You'll already be in Newark!

Reactions: dbv and Patrik26

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

What's an extra 7 hours or so of a great time? Come on buttercup! Suck it up!

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Guess they are having a real draft party this year

There's also a drawing to two to attend the draft in Vancouver. Not sure if it's the Devils or the NHL. I entered but on the slightest of chances I won, I'm not sure where I'd rather be. :popcorn:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I just got the email too, sounds like a fun setup for the people who are interested. Personally not worth the drive to me cause once that first pick is selected I wouldn't bother watching the rest anyway.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I just got the email too, sounds like a fun setup for the people who are interested. Personally not worth the drive to me cause once that first pick is selected I wouldn't bother watching the rest anyway.
You just gotta be there when Shero gives a shout-out to all the fans at Championship Plaza.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I've been to 3 or 4 draft parties (in arena) and they're okay. Two of the ones I went to were because they were hosting the equipment sale (which is AWESOME) during the draft, but they sadly havent had one of those in a while. Dont know why. I wouldn't go to an outdoor one though, because there's a ton of waiting around, which is fine in the seats, but standing in a crowd I dont think would be that great.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I've been to 3 or 4 draft parties (in arena) and they're okay. Two of the ones I went to were because they were hosting the equipment sale (which is AWESOME) during the draft, but they sadly havent had one of those in a while. Dont know why. I wouldn't go to an outdoor one though, because there's a ton of waiting around, which is fine in the seats, but standing in a crowd I dont think would be that great.
I think I got a Steve Sullivan stick at one of those once.. it may have been the Parise draft. My friend, who's 5'7 tried to use it. It was too short for him, even without skates on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad