Status
Not open for further replies.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I got called AGAIN by Devils STH sales.

The next time they call me I think I'm going to tell them to remove my phone number from their list as I already have a ticket plan. When they act in confusion and ask me what it is, I'm going to say, "Stubhub".
LOL!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Happy Birthday to me!

I have a fever and can’t make the game tonight. Can’t even think of leaving the couch at this point. So I’m giving away my 2 tickets in section 101 for tonight’s game.

Edit: Claimed

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Does anyone know if the suites include food?

Thanks.

I often wonder that myself. I don’t think they do come with food at least the tickets offered on stubhub. I think the devils are dumping those tickets. I was in the Lofts one time this season and the entrance to the suites is there. I watched people bring food into the suites. Maybe they get access to the loft food? And restaurant food on the other end ?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I purchased tickets in section 18, row 3 - these are VIP seats and they state 'Platinum seats' (I purchased them because they are cheaper now and don't typically have the money to get seats like these). It says separate entrance, and exclusive cocktail lounge and private restrooms. Is the exclusive cocktail lounge just the club seat food and bar area? If not where would this be?

Also, the separate entrance, where would this be?

Thanks in advance

How were the seats? When I went to the flames game I saw Weber coming out of there glad handing (that the expression?) some bigwigs

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/mets-launch-netflix-style-ticket-subscription-deal/

Good deal. You will see other teams in sports do something similar not with tickets exactly but concessions where the real money is made. Get people in the building at all costs

It's standing room only and for non "in demand" games, the Mets suck and there's way too many games, especially weekday games. Hell, I don't even think it's that great of a deal when you can look at stubhub and grab seats for $6 for the vast majority of home games anyway that aren't "in demand" and go stand wherever anyway.

I still say it's going the other way, it's working in the NFL and MLS, some MLB and college teams too and more teams are doing it every year. I have full season tickets and never buy anything from the concessions for the Devils or Red Bulls at the moment...

In Atlanta, Concessions Prices Go Down and Revenue Goes Up

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It's standing room only and for non "in demand" games, the Mets suck and there's way too many games, especially weekday games. Hell, I don't even think it's that great of a deal when you can look at stubhub and grab seats for $6 for the vast majority of home games anyway that aren't "in demand" and go stand wherever anyway.

I still say it's going the other way, it's working in the NFL and MLS, some MLB and college teams too and more teams are doing it every year. I have full season tickets and never buy anything from the concessions for the Devils or Red Bulls at the moment...

i really doubt they could even enforce the standing room only policy so if you got this plan you could probably sit most places ushers dont look. for a local person? i think good deal

yeah i've been saying sell free food packages within a certain section as a test throttle the food so you dont go broke like x amount of time to get so and so and can revamp from there. never understood why football teams were always so ok with tailgating eating drinking before the game in their lots and then dont bother going to concessions? granted i've only been to 1 football game are concessions busy at football games? but i was stuffed from the tailgating and watched the entire game not needing to get up for anything

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The 4/1 game against the Rangers to end the season looks like a mid-week Ottawa game with all those blue dots on TM. Unless they dynamically price those seats down or start papering the arena it'll be a small crowd to end the season.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The 4/1 game against the Rangers to end the season looks like a mid-week Ottawa game with all those blue dots on TM. Unless they dynamically price those seats down or start papering the arena it'll be a small crowd to end the season.

I used a buyback. It's the highest tiered level we have and no way I would get that if I sold them on the secondary market. Plus they are doing fan appreciation night the game before so there's even less reason to go to this one. It's a completely meaningless game and those games bring out the worst of both fan bases. Hard to justify not using a buyback and that's what I'm guessing most people did.

I'm also guessing a decent amount of Rangers fans aren't wasting their time or money either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I used a buyback. It's the highest tiered level we have and no way I would get that if I sold them on the secondary market. Plus they are doing fan appreciation night the game before so there's even less reason to go to this one. It's a completely meaningless game and those games bring out the worst of both fan bases. Hard to justify not using a buyback and that's what I'm guessing most people did.

I'm also guessing a decent amount of Rangers fans aren't wasting their time or money either.

I sold it, but sold them quickly a few weeks back before the bottom really dropped out. Didn't exactly get back book value but I'd rather get back $45 on a $65 ticket then get back $0 on a number of $30 tickets (the ones I actually did use on the buyback). Wish I could have switched off the Caps game with the first Sabres game, that was my only buyback mistake. Thought the late Sunday start for the Sabres was basically a weeknight game but didn't take into account the holiday the next day.

But yeah trying to sell the Ranger tickets 'now' would be a nightmare, you wouldn't even get $30 back with the StubHub prices as is.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

stackdapads30

Oct 23, 2009
New York
I plan on taking my two toddlers (both under 2) to the game this Saturday and they will be sitting on our laps. Which section/row would be the best? I was initially thinking aisle seats on a row near the exit/entrance since it would be easy to get to the concourse if they got fidgety and needed to move around. Was hoping to get a picture of my sons with the NJ Devil mascot - not sure if he is stationed in a particular section or if he roams around.

Also - are you allowed to bring a stroller into the arena?

Last edited:

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I plan on taking my two toddlers (both under 2) to the game this Saturday and they will be sitting on our laps. Which section/row would be the best? I was initially thinking aisle seats on a row near the exit/entrance since it would be easy to get to the concourse if they got fidgety and needed to move around. Was hoping to get a picture of my sons with the NJ Devil mascot - not sure if he is stationed in a particular section or if he roams around.

I've taken my kid to games at a bunch of arenas and I would look for aisle seats, near a family restroom, and if you know the arena - somewhere with a wide concourse. I'm a huge fan of putting headphones on my kid to not damage his hearing in the long term. My kid has been to enough games that he is engaged in about half the game. Good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: stackdapads30

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Unless you wanna sit downstairs, if you see any actual seats(not standing room) in the suite sections pop up or the new loft area because they are only like 3/4 rows and a handful of seats across. It would be easy to get in and out of the seats. The loft area includes all you can eat food and there's couches/chairs and plenty of room if they get restless.

NJ sometimes is in the kid sections which is under the high school jerseys/ 2 big escalators behind section 18 but Saturday is mascot madness though so there are other NHL team mascots that will be there so they all might just be walking around and if it's like last year they will have a bunch of local minor league team and college mascots walking around the concourse as well.

Stroller policy I saw here...

A-Z Guide | Prudential Center Newark NJ

Small, fold-up umbrella strollers are permitted in Prudential Center. Fold-up strollers should be stored under a seat. Strollers that cannot fit under a seat will not be permitted in the arena but guests may check strollers at the Guest Services Centers near Sections 9 and 114.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD

Yeah, I think teams would be smarter to lower their concession prices. I know I personally almost NEVER buy food/drink at any sports event except maybe a soda (and even then I look to sign up for the Designated Driver Program to get a free soft drink); I was trained at a young age to get (cheaper) food outside the arena/stadium before or after the event (and in the case of MLB games, bring the food/drink into the ballpark with me) to save money. Even if teams reduce their concession costs, it isn't like there still isn't a significant markup; soft drinks in particular are very, very cheap to produce and even selling them at say $2 for a regular-sized cup there is still a large profit margin.

If teams were to reduce their concession prices down to levels comparable to restaurants and stores outside the venue, I'd be much more inclined to buy food/drink at the sports venue.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah, I think teams would be smarter to lower their concession prices. I know I personally almost NEVER buy food/drink at any sports event except maybe a soda (and even then I look to sign up for the Designated Driver Program to get a free soft drink); I was trained at a young age to get (cheaper) food outside the arena/stadium before or after the event (and in the case of MLB games, bring the food/drink into the ballpark with me) to save money. Even if teams reduce their concession costs, it isn't like there still isn't a significant markup; soft drinks in particular are very, very cheap to produce and even selling them at say $2 for a regular-sized cup there is still a large profit margin.

If teams were to reduce their concession prices down to levels comparable to restaurants and stores outside the venue, I'd be much more inclined to buy food/drink at the sports venue.

That’s the thing I don’t get the food being served isn’t even produced on site. The cost for a chicken finger fries basket has to be like $1.00 but they sell it for what? $12? Why? Why the insane mark up?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

Wish I saw this earlier. I would’ve told you to buy the cheap seats in the suites or the loft. It’s got the area you can walk around if the kid needs to and it’s separate from large people if they get scared around a lot of people. Plus loft is free food which is good cause my kid takes two bites out of something and moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad