HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Just wait until this team is a consistent competitor again under this management groups tenure when it comes to prices and lack of perks for those that are season ticket holders. For 100,000 points, you can watch Conn Smythe Trophy Winner Taylor Hall in an exclusive practice with his trainer from the sidewalk outside the practice rink!

The buzzwords thrown around in their emails and letters will be even more laughable. Exclusive! Dynamic! Exciting!

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The buzzwords thrown around in their emails and letters will be even more laughable. Exclusive! Dynamic! Exciting!

Now We Rise!

Ugh....... the only thing worse than embarrassing marketing failure, is really embarrassing marketing failure. :facepalm:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Now We Rise!

Ugh....... the only thing worse than embarrassing marketing failure, is really embarrassing marketing failure. :facepalm:

OneJersey. That fell flat on it's face after about 10 home games. Now We Rise was fine for last seasons' playoff push, but the Marketing group should've come up with something different for this season - just in case. And just in case happened.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I disliked the Devils Army won way more especially with the army vehicles. Meh.

Oh yeah! That one was awful. I did like the digital camo army hat giveaway though. That's about it. The troop carrier outside The Rock every game was corny as hell.

OneJersey. That fell flat on it's face after about 10 home games. Now We Rise was fine for last seasons' playoff push, but the Marketing group should've come up with something different for this season - just in case. And just in case happened.

I liked the Jersey's Team thing. The Devils being "Jersey's team", the only NJ branded team, etc...

The Now We Rise thing was dumb from a hockey standpoint, because anyone who knows the sport realizes the Devils were a bubble team at best. Something more modest (and less certain) would have been better.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
This was my favorite as well and I'm not sure why they haven't stuck with it every year in some fashion.

I guess the issue is that a large portion of the state will never consider the Devils to be "Jersey's team". You can hope to turn a portion of the next generation of (potential) Rangers fans (in northern NJ) to the Devils because of proximity to arena, local media coverage, etc.

Someone who lives in the southern portion of the state will likely never know or care about the Devils.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I disliked the Devils Army won way more especially with the army vehicles. Meh.
The problem was they took it in the military direction and not the Rob Zombie direction. If you had people outside brandishing axes and chainsaws painting pentagrams in blood on Championship Plaza it would've been awesome.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Plus we know WHY they did it...mostly a play on the Red Army stuff because of you know who that's coming back in Tuesday.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Regarding the supporters section... yes they took attendance. If you missed ONE game and didn't give your tickets to someone else (basically if your seats were empty) they would threaten to revoke your entire season. So basically what ended up happening was when the leader of the group had a friend that violated the rules, he would cover for them and make sure they didn't get in trouble. When someone else missed a game (I missed ONE GAME) he wouldn't cover. He sent me a message saying that Hugh Weber personally wanted to revoke my entire season's worth of tickets. Then I said I would talk to Hugh myself and figure it out... and he backed off real quick.

Reactions: sabremike

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Is anyone else having issues with the membership points web site? Nothing available for anything and all my upcoming events aren't showing up.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
So that STH Marty picture perk. Is it an actual photo WITH Marty, or just a photo of him. The description isn’t specific.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Something to think about: other than the 2 teams at MSG and the 2 gridball teams the Devils have the highest get in season ticket prices in the all of NY Metro area sports (higher than the Isles, Nets, Mets, Yankees, Red Bulls and boy city). In fact the cheapest Mets season ticket costs roughly the same as a Devils season ticket only you get twice as many games. The ownership of this team is incredibly foolish and shortsighted.

Reactions: David Conte

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The problem was they took it in the military direction and not the Rob Zombie direction. If you had people outside brandishing axes and chainsaws painting pentagrams in blood on Championship Plaza it would've been awesome.
uh what?!?!?!? reminder never to let my kids trick or treat at your house!

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Something to think about: other than the 2 teams at MSG and the 2 gridball teams the Devils have the highest get in season ticket prices in the all of NY Metro area sports (higher than the Isles, Nets, Mets, Yankees, Red Bulls and boy city). In fact the cheapest Mets season ticket costs roughly the same as a Devils season ticket only you get twice as many games. The ownership of this team is incredibly foolish and shortsighted.

glad you mention the mets. I was looking to plan a birthday party with about 40 people going, ideally the devils (my dads favorite team) would've been clutch except his birthday is in the summer. long story short I contact the mets about getting one of their suites expecting just a email and call back? nope. the guy invites me to visit the ball park let me sit and take pictures in the mets dug out got to tour behind the scenes of everywhere except the club house. Unfortunately we didn't end up deciding to do the party there but man what an experience! the devils? i've emailed about other such events? they couldn't even be bothered by sending a ho hum email pdf file that doesn't even explain much of anything. you would think it would be opposite and a "big city" team or just in general a mlb team would act that way not a team who can't ever fill suites

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Have ya seen the Mets attendance when they aren't winning? Plus that tour costs them absolutely nothing.

Of course the Devils are stupid for not getting back to ya, that's just bad business. I know they use to have similar tours, including the locker room when people were interested in season tickets, not sure if they stopped that completely but it wasn't that long ago that they were doing it.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

None of these are a fare comparison even though I think the Devils are overpriced.

Baseball has twice as many games and some ridiculous stretches with home games going almost every day for a week sometimes. It's much harder to get people to commit to a full season for that. Plus the worst seats in a baseball stadium are way further away than the worst seats in prudential.

MLS is also not a good comparison, niche league that is still growing that many people still think is a shit league that doesn't have the best players in the world like our other leagues. Of course their prices have to be priced accordingly.

Are the Islanders cheap get in prices the partial view at Barclays that you only see half a game? They are in limbo right now until the new stadium opens in Belmont because most of the fans are avoiding Barclays and just going to Nassau since their season is split between the two currently. I'm more curious to see what they charge in the new Belmont arena when it opens.

Nobody cares about the Nets except for the bandwangon fans when the team is good, which hasn't been very often anyway. They have had several years of just giving away free tickets on comp websites.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Islanders do not sell any of the obstructed view seat as a ST and will only sell them when everything else. I was specifically told ownership wants season tickets to be affordable to build up the fanbase. And while the Nets have few fans people are more than willing to go just to see NBA basketball. The team being good is going to add to that.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
None of these are a fare comparison even though I think the Devils are overpriced.

Baseball has twice as many games and some ridiculous stretches with home games going almost every day for a week sometimes. It's much harder to get people to commit to a full season for that. Plus the worst seats in a baseball stadium are way further away than the worst seats in prudential.

MLS is also not a good comparison, niche league that is still growing that many people still think is a **** league that doesn't have the best players in the world like our other leagues. Of course their prices have to be priced accordingly.

Are the Islanders cheap get in prices the partial view at Barclays that you only see half a game? They are in limbo right now until the new stadium opens in Belmont because most of the fans are avoiding Barclays and just going to Nassau since their season is split between the two currently. I'm more curious to see what they charge in the new Belmont arena when it opens.

Nobody cares about the Nets except for the bandwangon fans when the team is good, which hasn't been very often anyway. They have had several years of just giving away free tickets on comp websites.

The only thing you need to know is how the market values Devils tickets vs. how the team values them. You can get tickets for (virtually) any February game for under $30. What's the lowest sth cost? Yes, i know the team stinks, but that includes some matinee games, as well as mid-week games that usually draw a decent crowd (Pens, Habs). This includes (what I have to assume is) the team dumping hundreds of tickets below sth prices (or the most foolish ticket brokers in history)

No one buys individual game Devils tickets in advance (with the exception of a game or two here or there). There is no need to, because even when the team was good, there would always be tickets available at the box office and (for most games) tickets available on the secondary market (even with fees) below box office prices That dynamic will only change if they can even sell out most of the arena as season tickets ... of course, there is a bit of a catch-22, as (unless someone is going to virtually every game, including the "marquee matchups", they can get better pricing over the course of the season in the secondary market (with no risk, etc.).

I think they were trending in the right direction when they lowered some prices dramatically (i.e., in the 100s). Unfortunately, the on-ice fell apart and they thought they could keep raising prices through it all.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i dont even know how baseball draws the crowds they do. day game? who wants to sit outside under the blazing july sun when its 105? go to the pool instead! night game? yeah when its 85 and 190% humidity? no thanks! its funny that you would think the devils have a better time selling tickets seeing how there is nothing to really do in the winter. and baseball would be harder since everyone has things to do in the summer not spend 4 hours watching a couple guys play catch while you get skin cancer.

i'm not sure if anyone else does it around the nhl but the devils should honestly look into selling sections with all you can eat food/drink. obviously you start small and you can throttle what the people get and how often even. but people in this market need more bang for their buck imo. i still believe one day a ticket will be free or not as expensive as it is today but rather you how to pay x amount of concession to get in. that probably won't happen for many years but there is noway people will continue to spend money like they do now. btw this last part is sports in general

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i still believe one day a ticket will be free or not as expensive as it is today but rather you how to pay x amount of concession to get in. that probably won't happen for many years but there is noway people will continue to spend money like they do now. btw this last part is sports in general

It's going to be the opposite and the trend keeps growing. Atlanta started it with their fan friendly prices for the Falcons and United(MLS) games and more and more teams keep doing it as well.

It's like $2 bucks for a hot dog / pretzel / popcorn / soda / bottle water and $5 for a draft beer / chicken tenders etc. It's getting fans in the building earlier and spending more money cause the prices are fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino