HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It really doesn't though, it just tricks you into thinking that, but it's genius marketing, probably one of the cleverest things they've done.

You're taking a loss eventually, and all the "buyback" is essentially is a deferred tax liability, except instead of paying future money, you don't get money that would otherwise be entitled to you. But at the end of the day, a $$$ loss is a $$$ loss, you're just delaying it.

Not to piss anyone off or rub salt in the wounds at an inopportune time, but I think I'd take the over on that.
I’m sure most season ticket holders know its only wasted money if you end your membership. It wouldn’t be wise to do the buyback on your last season. When you know its your last season you don’t do the buyback program and sell the ones you can’t go to. The season ticket holder is just dumb if they do the buyback program on their last season.

So its a good perk when you know what you are doing.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not to piss anyone off or rub salt in the wounds at an inopportune time, but I think I'd take the over on that.

How many do you think? I was adding up the games just from what I can remember which was like 3 from the coat drive, 4/5 for the food drive and like 3/4 from the toy drive. Some of the games were the same for the vouchers.

Also remember seeing an Infiniti promo if you had one of their cars you got a free voucher.

What else that the regular person can get?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I was thinking about some kind of a random membership that can get people into the building...

You don't get to pick your seats and you don't get STH perks, but you could get into games. You could go onto the Devils app the day of the game in an hour window or something and if there are seats left, you can pick claim them. Mobile only, no transfer, no re-sale...

$50 per month for access to only the 200s
$75 per month for the 100s & 200s
$100 per month for lower level and the rest of the building

I know people my age (31) who would never buy season tickets because they don't want to deal with not making games because of a busy schedule and don't want to lost money on the secondary market. The buy-back option isn't appealing because you don't get actual money back. A subscription service where you could go to games when you're free last minute would work for a lot of people.

Reactions: sabremike

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Whats the total for one seat in the 200 corners? I currently have two in the 100 balcony where we shoot twice. Might move to the 120s or 200s.

It depends when you signed up. Those from continental arena have a lower price then those who started a few years ago when they opened it up to everybody. It also seems like more is charged for the attack twice side then defend twice.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It depends when you signed up. Those from continental arena have a lower price then those who started a few years ago when they opened it up to everybody. It also seems like more is charged for the attack twice side then defend twice.
I will be going on year 10, trying to gauge what the 200s near the defend side would cost per seat, and the top row of the 116-124 balcony.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I’m sure most season ticket holders know its only wasted money if you end your membership. It wouldn’t be wise to do the buyback on your last season. When you know its your last season you don’t do the buyback program and sell the ones you can’t go to. The season ticket holder is just dumb if they do the buyback program on their last season.

I love the buyback program. I don't miss a lot of games and I'm renewing anyway but for an example I'm missing the Calgary game on the 27th because the Red Bulls have a champions league home game that night. If I were to try to sell the Calgary tickets on the secondary market I wouldn't get anywhere near the face value I'm getting in a credit from the buyback program.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I love the buyback program. I don't miss a lot of games and I'm renewing anyway but for an example I'm missing the Calgary game on the 27th because the Red Bulls have a champions league home game that night. If I were to try to sell the Calgary tickets on the secondary market I wouldn't get anywhere near the face value I'm getting in a credit from the buyback program.
Exactly

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I was thinking about some kind of a random membership that can get people into the building...

You don't get to pick your seats and you don't get STH perks, but you could get into games. You could go onto the Devils app the day of the game in an hour window or something and if there are seats left, you can pick claim them. Mobile only, no transfer, no re-sale...

$50 per month for access to only the 200s
$75 per month for the 100s & 200s
$100 per month for lower level and the rest of the building

I know people my age (31) who would never buy season tickets because they don't want to deal with not making games because of a busy schedule and don't want to lost money on the secondary market. The buy-back option isn't appealing because you don't get actual money back. A subscription service where you could go to games when you're free last minute would work for a lot of people.

Didn't the NY Jets do something similar? It was a set amount of money but you didn't know what seats you could end up. One day you could have lower level, another upper level, etc.

I was a bit off, it was 300 level only...

Official Site of the New York Jets

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I will be going on year 10, trying to gauge what the 200s near the defend side would cost per seat, and the top row of the 116-124 balcony.

I'm defend twice corner and I'm pretty sure my price is the same as last rows balcony defend twice which makes no sense since it's a ghost town 90% of the games.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How many do you think?

I've never really considered it, but you'd need to count every voucher game option, assuming you go to games with 2 people as most people do (i.e. bring 2 coats, 2 toys, 2 bags of food), etc... But there's random crap too, for instance, I got 2 free games from some weird online portal thing (dont even remember what the point was), and there's also the, "we'd like to beg you to be a STH, come to a game for free on us" thing I've been pitched every year for at least the last 2 or 3 years. I'm sure I'm likely forgetting stuff too.

EDIT: But at any rate, "free" is kind of beside the point when so many additional games can easily be bought below STH cost. Eventually the Devils better either "get better" or quit pissing people off.

Reactions: sabremike

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Exactly. That's why I (and I suspect others) hold off on using the buyback till after the invoices. But as far as not renewing, it was basically a choice between eat a bunch of bad games this year down the stretch or get a credit for next year and go to games at an okay after-credit price.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I've never really considered it, but you'd need to count every voucher game option, assuming you go to games with 2 people as most people do (i.e. bring 2 coats, 2 toys, 2 bags of food), etc... But there's random crap too, for instance, I got 2 free games from some weird online portal thing (dont even remember what the point was), and there's also the, "we'd like to beg you to be a STH, come to a game for free on us" thing I've been pitched every year for at least the last 2 or 3 years. I'm sure I'm likely forgetting stuff too.
Nothing beats what they did in the lockout season. $0-$10 seats for so many games. That was the only season as a STH that pissed me off beyond belief. Also the free season tickets for that supporters section was that season as well if I remember correctly. Oof...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Nothing beats what they did in the lockout season. $0-$10 seats for so many games. That was the only season as a STH that pissed me off beyond belief. Also the free season tickets for that supporters section was that season as well if I remember correctly. Oof...
The "Supporters Section" was a full season... not the shortened one.

The "fans" they put in charge of that ruined it though haha.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The "Supporters Section" was a full season... not the shortened one.

The "fans" they put in charge of that ruined it though haha.

They didn't listen to me about that and insisted on selling full season tickets. I wanted to have a few rows available to anyone so there would be a chance to add new people every game which obviously in turn would grow the section even more. I told them they were wrong and it wasn't going to work out this way and then bounced from having to do anything with what I originally started.

Instead they turned it into a clique of really stupid people that nobody actually wanted to be around and it failed. What a shock.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
They didn't listen to me about that and insisted on selling full season tickets. I wanted to have a few rows available to anyone so there would be a chance to add new people every game which obviously in turn would grow the section even more. I told them they were wrong and it wasn't going to work out this way and then bounced from having to do anything with what I originally started.

Instead they turned it into a clique of really stupid people that nobody actually wanted to be around and it failed. What a shock.

Was it true they actually took attendance?

I remember the snow game against the Blues and only one guy from the Supporters Section showed up and to his credit stood the entire game. I'm sure I have a photo of him in icloud somewhere.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
I didn't even look, since I had no thought of renewing. Are they even more absurd than in prior years?

They're no more or less absurd than last year, because for the most part they're literally copied from last year. Seriously. It makes mention of credit for unplayed games in the 2018-19 season in the T's & C's, instead of 2019-20.

Sadly, this might not be the case anymore. A friend I sit next to has had his Day 1 Newark discount applied every season since 2007, but this year his invoice total is the same as mine.

Last edited:

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
They're no more or less absurd than last year, because for the most part they're literally copied from last year. Seriously. It makes mention of credit for unplayed games in the 2018-19 season in the T's & C's, instead of 2019-20.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. A friend I sit next to has had his Day 1 Newark discount applied every season since 2007, but this year his invoice total is the same as mine.

Do you know what the total was for his upper corner seats?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. A friend I sit next to has had his Day 1 Newark discount applied every season since 2007, but this year his invoice total is the same as mine.

Scott ONeil and his lemmings are out of touch with reality

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
Do you know what the total was for his upper corner seats?

I should have clarified that I'm not 100% positive about this applying to the upper corners specifically. With regard to our position in the attack twice balcony, my friend would consistently receive invoices that were ~$300 less than mine ($150 or so per seat), if I remember correctly. I assumed they did away with that system entirely since he lost his discount this year, but I could be wrong.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Was it true they actually took attendance?

I remember the snow game against the Blues and only one guy from the Supporters Section showed up and to his credit stood the entire game. I'm sure I have a photo of him in icloud somewhere.

I have no idea, my memory might not be so hot on the time line but the first year the fans had to pay full price for those seats and then it was the following season I thought they introduced the mandatory attendance thing because they got the tickets for free/next to nothing.

All awful ideas. I'm not trying to be a snob about it but we had a good thing going when it was just a simple organic show up and cheer group(that started on this message board and njdevs message board) and then they wanted to get way too involved and that was the downfall. I've never been one to be a corporate stooge and that's basically what happened with the whole group.

The idiots they put in "charge" of the group were more than happy to be puppets and get their 15 mins of fame so they could deem themselves superior to the rest of the fan base. Of course the rest of the fan base was gonna get annoyed, even more so when they got the free/basically free tickets.

That's never what the section was originally intended for and the front office missed the boat when they wouldn't listen to me repeatedly tell them to not make it an exclusive group. Not like I was getting paid or anything and if they weren't going to listen when stuff was working in the first place it made no sense to continue working with them so I bounced after I saw how the meetings were going when the front office was making the whole group an official section.

If they never put restrictions on season ticket holders only being there and left it open to continue to get new people to be a part of it and join in on the section I think it would still be here to this day.

The too long didn't read version is the front office and the goofball fans they choose to run it ruined a good thing.

Last edited:

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I have no idea, my memory might not be so hot on the time line but the first year the fans had to pay full price for those seats and then it was the following season I thought they introduced the mandatory attendance thing because they got the tickets for free/next to nothing.

All awful ideas. I'm not trying to be a snob about it but we had a good thing going when it was just a simple organic show up and cheer group(that started on this message board and njdevs message board) and then they wanted to get way too involved and that was the downfall. I've never been one to be a corporate stooge and that's basically what happened with the whole group.

The idiots they put in "charge" of the group were more than happy to be puppets and get their 15 mins of fame so they could deem themselves superior to the rest of the fan base. Of course the rest of the fan base was gonna get annoyed, even more so when they got the free/basically free tickets.

That's never what the section was originally intended for and the front office missed the boat when they wouldn't listen to me repeatedly tell them to not make it an exclusive group. Not like I was getting paid or anything and if they weren't going to listen when stuff was working in the first place it made no sense to continue working with them so I bounced after I saw how the meetings were going when the front office was making the whole group an official section.

If they never put restrictions on season ticket holders only being there and left it open to continue to get new people to be a part of it and join in on the section I think it would still be here to this day.

The too long didn't read version is the front office and the goofball fans they choose to run it ruined a good thing.

Wasn't the "leader" of that group the guy who would spend most games in the club seats anyways?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Wasn't the "leader" of that group the guy who would spend most games in the club seats anyways?

No idea, since I was the one who started it originally I attended the first few meetings when the front office got involved.

I saw how bad everything was going and I bounced early on in the process because I wasn't going to move my season tickets for it and more importantly I wasn't going to waste my time for something that I thought wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad