HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I was surprised I didn't get a call from my rep today (after opting out last night). Although I explained my reasons for not renewing (they provided a "comments" section in the opt-out), and it was pretty clear that there isn't a point in calling, and my rep can't be surprised as I made it clear the only reason I had renewed for this year was because of the buyback credit (basically, with the 8-game credit and going from 4 seats to 2, the incremental outlay for this year was minimal).

Would be interested to hear from others who opt-out as to whether they get contacted. They may well simply focus their efforts on trying to get new sths, although they should certainly reach out to anyone who opts out but doesn't provide a reason; not to necessarily talk them into coming back, but maybe to actually understand what people are thinking.

i just officially opted out for next season. i wrote some stuff too, not that it will do anything. i wrote about the increase being unnecessary after another season of an unwatchable on ice product, the pathetic insulting holiday gift, and how my section is empty most games so an $80 plus raise per ticket makes no sense. in a way i'm kind of relieved that i don't have to worry about attending x amount of games next season or worry about selling tickets. i'll just go with the flow.

Reactions: dbv

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure they will call you both. I have a feeling way more people opted out then they expected and are dealing with a bunch of emails and phone calls today.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I'm pretty sure they will call you both. I have a feeling way more people opted out then they expected and are dealing with a bunch of emails and phone calls today.

If they didn't see this coming then they are stupider then I ever thought and deserve all the opt outs. Even if they call me what's that going to do? They aren't going to say, "yeah, you're right, we won't increase your price for next season. We take it back." Lol

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
If they didn't see this coming then they are stupider then I ever thought and deserve all the opt outs. Even if they call me what's that going to do? They aren't going to say, "yeah, you're right, we won't increase your price for next season. We take it back." Lol

Agreed that a call won't change anything (unless there was a misunderstanding or mistake about benefits). But you would think that there will contact everyone who opted out ... whether individually, through a survey, etc. I have to assume that they want to gather as much information as they can, especially if opt-outs are higher than normal, or they lose long-time sths.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Wait, they seriously RAISED the STH ticket prices for next year?!?!?!?!!?

REALLY!?!?!?!

You cannot be serious.

The only explanation for those of you who actually renew is you have a sports version of Stockholm Syndrome. Holy ****! Unbelievable. Lulz!

Reactions: sabremike

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

REALLY!?!?!?!

You cannot be serious.

The only explanation for those of you who actually renew is you have a sports version of Stockholm Syndrome. Holy ****! Unbelievable. Lulz!

For me, there was no reason not to renew. I love my seats and enjoy hanging out with the people who have season tickets next to me. I’ve turned a profit or broken even on every game that I’ve sold (aside from a few times where I couldn’t go last-minute and just had to dump them). The 8-game buy back helps a lot. I used the rewards program to get a few club seat upgrades and I still have a lot of points for next season.

My only complaints are that F/B credit went away (really just an inconvenience more so than a problem as I have to pick up dinner beforehand), paper tickets are now a “renewal bonus”, and it’s annoying for the price to go up in a season like this. But the increase isn’t enough to deter me. Like I said, I break even or profit any time I list the tickets early enough.

Reactions: dbv and NjDevsRR

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

REALLY!?!?!?!

You cannot be serious.

Going to Devils games is a lot more than performance on the ice for many people. I personally always love going as much as I can even if they are the worst team in the league. It’s one of my favorite things to do in life. I also like the perks and as Colin said I at least always break even with my resales since I sell big ticket games every once in a while, like last nights Rangers game I knew I couldn’t go to and I sold my $40 seat for $90. Also, the buybacks definitely help curtailing those weekday games where resale prices are cheap.

And for me, I have been planning to move to a cheaper location anyways so the marginal price increase isn’t hurting me. I will also be getting my 10th year tenure jersey as well which I am looking forward to.

Reactions: Colin226

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
it always amuses me when people complain about ticket prices rising slightly over time

why should ticket prices be any different than any other aspect of our lives? Genuinely curious

Reactions: Colin226

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
10% off a bad season is more than just slightly or cost of living. I just think it's hideous sales management, for years and years they've treated this market as if it's the Ranger fanbase with a similar demand for tickets. I mean when tickets were $37 and up in 2011 in the 100's you had the Nordique fan invasion during the home finale cause that area was a ghost town. Now it's back at that level after being rightly slashed the next year and steadily going back up since.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Going to Devils games is a lot more than performance on the ice for many people. I personally always love going as much as I can even if they are the worst team in the league. It’s one of my favorite things to do in life. I also like the perks and as Colin said I at least always break even with my resales since I sell big ticket games every once in a while, like last nights Rangers game I knew I couldn’t go to and I sold my $40 seat for $90. Also, the buybacks definitely help curtailing those weekday games where resale prices are cheap.

And for me, I have been planning to move to a cheaper location anyways so the marginal price increase isn’t hurting me. I will also be getting my 10th year tenure jersey as well which I am looking forward to.

Don't expect your tenure jersey anytime soon. You'll be lucky to get it by the end of the season. There are people still complaining that they haven't received theirs yet for this season.

It's a good idea but now that you can't get any player present or past it kind of takes some of the luster away for me personally.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
it always amuses me when people complain about ticket prices rising slightly over time

why should ticket prices be any different than any other aspect of our lives? Genuinely curious

Honestly, I think it is something to complain about. Every single day it gets more expensive to live in this state. It becomes more expensive to have the nerve to bother waking up in the morning.
Most parking lots went up $5-10 for this season now tickets go up next season. It's just insult to injury when the team is crap...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My parking lot's $7 atm but it's also a few blocks from the arena which I don't normally mind except on really really cold nights. But yeah if you're parking closer or in the team-sanctioned lot tickets are that much more expensive.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
if people stopped showing up, they wouldn't raise prices though. If it is really hurting you financially that much, don't go and then things will adjust accordingly IMO.

apparently the tickets are still selling, even through a down season. Supply and demand.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My parking lot's $7 atm but it's also a few blocks from the arena which I don't normally mind except on really really cold nights. But yeah if you're parking closer or in the team-sanctioned lot tickets are that much more expensive.

Shhhhhh nobody else needs to know about that lot ;)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shhhhhh nobody else needs to know about that lot ;)

Hah I hear ya but in my experience I don't think most people would want to park in that area or that far away regardless

if people stopped showing up, they wouldn't raise prices though. If it is really hurting you financially that much, don't go and then things will adjust accordingly IMO.

apparently the tickets are still selling, even through a down season. Supply and demand.

I don't know how much they're selling now when they're literally giving away tickets just for using the mobile app last night, never mind after a price increase.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008

I highly doubt there are many people buying face value tickets via the box office or tm for 90% of the remaining home games. They are giving away thousands of tickets just so the place won't be a total morgue.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

My biggest problem is they raised prices and took away perks, like if you're going to raise the ticket prices at least give me the same amount of perks I had for this season.

The product is also shit and when you have a shit product it should be priced accordingly.

One of my friends sits in section 233 and his tickets went up $183 per seat. If you have 4 seats there that's a $732 increase. That's ridiculous for a section that is the one of the "worst" on the seating chart. Plus the vast majority of the games it's almost completely empty. I just don't know how they can justify that when nobody is sitting there as it is.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

You can go to almost 9-10 games for basically free. They are giving thousands of tickets away with the coat/food/toy drives alone.

Now listen, I have no problem giving away free tickets when they support good causes, however I completely disagree with how they have it setup.

Currently you can bring a coat for the coat drive which will get you a free voucher to a game that will be for the food drive, if you bring 2 cans that gets you a free voucher to a toy drive game which then gets you one more free voucher to another game. If you do this multiple times or have a even a second person with you do this as well you can go to 9 to 11 games for next to nothing.

Now like I said I have no problem with supporting these charities, I participate myself however the vouchers shouldn't be a voucher for another game that has a drive going on. That way you're only getting people going to the coat drive game and then getting a voucher to another game. This makes sure they buy a ticket to the food drive game and then receive a ticket to a game that isn't the toy drive game. It makes sure that each one is just basically a buy one game get one game free deal instead of people buying 1 game and getting 3 free.

I hope that makes sense lol

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
My biggest problem is they raised prices and took away perks, like if you're going to raise the ticket prices at least give me the same amount of perks I had for this season.

The product is also **** and when you have a **** product it should be priced accordingly.

One of my friends sits in section 233 and his tickets went up $183 per seat. If you have 4 seats there that's a $732 increase. That's ridiculous for a section that is the one of the "worst" on the seating chart. Plus the vast majority of the games it's almost completely empty. I just don't know how they can justify that when nobody is sitting there as it is.
Whats the total for one seat in the 200 corners? I currently have two in the 100 balcony where we shoot twice. Might move to the 120s or 200s.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Don't expect your tenure jersey anytime soon. You'll be lucky to get it by the end of the season. There are people still complaining that they haven't received theirs yet for this season.

It's a good idea but now that you can't get any player present or past it kind of takes some of the luster away for me personally.
Hopefully they up their game then because that sounds frustrating

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Whats the total for one seat in the 200 corners? I currently have two in the 100 balcony where we shoot twice. Might move to the 120s or 200s.

I believe he said it comes out to like $30 per game but it was around $25 per game before this increase.

I just don't see the point in draining that extra money out of those sections when they are the most empty every game.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I believe he said it comes out to like $30 per game but it was around $25 per game before this increase.

I just don't see the point in draining that extra money out of those sections when they are the most empty every game.
Yeah upping the ghost zone in the 200s is bad. Do you know how much a seat is from 116-124, the top rows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad