HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I wonder how many people are going to opt out. The initial reaction I'm seeing online is that it's going to be quite a lot of people opting out since a bunch already have.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Wait, do we have confirmation that the points system is gone? I can't find anything affirmative on it besides it not being mentioned on the website. Kinda would like to know before going on a points spending spree.

Some say it's an option for them. I have it this year but it's not listed for me for next season.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I’m going with the hard copy tickets and the rewards program for renewal bonuses. It does suck that prices are going up (roughly $100 per seat in section 101) and they aren’t just providing me the hard tickets like they did this season, but I am glad they still offer it unlike other teams. And I have a decent stockpile of rewards points so hopefully I can cash in for something big next season.

I’m not going to complain to my rep but I am curious why they are increasing prices after a bad season. I get that their costs increase but it makes the StubHub plan that much more attractive when the team stinks and, more importantly, makes me nervous about what increases we’ll see if/when the team is a perennial contender.

Reactions: Patrik26

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I’m going with the hard copy tickets and the rewards program for renewal bonuses. It does suck that prices are going up (roughly $100 per seat in section 101) and they aren’t just providing me the hard tickets like they did this season, but I am glad they still offer it unlike other teams. And I have a decent stockpile of rewards points so hopefully I can cash in for something big next season.

I’m not going to complain to my rep but I am curious why they are increasing prices after a bad season. I get that their costs increase but it makes the StubHub plan that much more attractive when the team stinks and, more importantly, makes me nervous about what increases we’ll see if/when the team is a perennial contender.

I wish they just gave us a paid option to get printed tickets. Make it $15/20 bucks instead of using one of the perks. I'm probably going with hard tickets and the rewards program as well.

I do urge you to email your rep though with a complaint. Besides canceling it's one of the ways we can voice our opinion and from browsing a bunch of people have already opted out.

I think this is gonna be a blood bath and they knew it too which is why the email went out at 8:20pm. They are going to be answering a lot of calls and emails today.

Most people don't have 1 seat. The exact difference from last year for my seats is $108.59 a seat. For a family of 4 that's a $434.36 increase.

For section 233 a family of 4 had an increase of $734.40.

For section 216 which is supposed to some of the cheapest seats in the arena a family of 4 had an increase $328.

The price increases on paper look awful especially cause the product has been so bad for so long and it really doesn't look like it's going to be any better next season.

Reactions: Colin226

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008

As a sth in the upper corners I've noticed the last year that I'm priced as the same as balcony defend twice cheapest price which to me makes no sense since my section is a ghost town 90% of the time.

I could see a little increase but $82 per ticket seems extreme when already those seats aren't worth the price I'm paying. At least up the rewards but nope same old stuff for the most part. An 8% -10% increase after another putrid on ice product is mind boggling. For me they have lost the benefit of the doubt that they will be better after basically 7ish bad seasons out of the last 8. I now can't even prepay parking in my lot for $9 because the devils bought it and are charging $17 to prepay for it. So for me that's another factor as it's more money to lay out and spend.

You're idea of just charging $20 for printed tickets is more than fair and reasonable. It's very apparent that the organization doesn't understand or care to know who the fan base is or what they want in terms of value which is fine but people will start to turn and not renew especially if the one ice product is still bad.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Yeah, glad I used all eight buybacks this year.

Next year will likely be my last. The team isn't good. I'd rather go back on the StubHub plan and *upgrade* my Seton Hall season ticket.

Like I can probably get two tickets ten rows behind the Pirates' bench for what *one* of my Devils tickets up in 118 costs.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yeah, glad I used all eight buybacks this year.

Next year will likely be my last. The team isn't good. I'd rather go back on the StubHub plan and *upgrade* my Seton Hall season ticket.

Like I can probably get two tickets ten rows behind the Pirates' bench for what *one* of my Devils tickets up in 118 costs.

I used like 2 so far, I always try to not use them just in case the prices go up by an absolutely absurd amount.

I am going to use all of mine at the end of the season though since I can either just stay home or get into the games for ridiculously cheap since the team will be officially out of the playoffs by then.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I used like 2 so far, I always try to not use them just in case the prices go up by an absolutely absurd amount.

I am going to use all of mine at the end of the season though since I can either just stay home or get into the games for ridiculously cheap since the team will be officially out of the playoffs by then.

I just mass used them on a ton of the weekday games in February-March plus a couple of back to back weekend ones (the Sabres game is de facto weeknight anyway) that won’t sell anyway so the few games I have left I can at least sell one or both tickets.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
My increase for 2 tickets in 130 is 4.9% (+ $237). I'll have close to $1K in buybacks to apply so it's a bit easier to deal with but still ... an almost 5% increase after the putrid performance (so far) this season? Now let's change to hard tickets as an "incentive" and none of the others as "knock your socks off" choices and it's underwhelming to say the least.

EDIT: Given our cap space and the price increases, I'm looking forward to some nice FA signings come July 1. :sarcasm:

Reactions: dbv

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
People at the top need to put food on their tables too. :thumbu::rolleyes:

Speaking of food...

Stadium Food Is Suddenly Getting Cheaper

Its about time we adopt this. It would get more people inside the arena earlier and more would spend money. I currently spend $0 to $20 every season though I go to almost every game because the prices are a rip off. If they did these fan friendly prices I'd actually spend more money there.

I'm never, ever, paying $14 for a tall can of beer when I can get a full case of beer for $20 something nor am I ever paying $7 for a shitty hot dog when a whole pack of hot dogs and a pack of buns combined is about $7 bucks. It's a rip off.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So we usually park over on Court St for $5 and walk the 4 blocks to the arena. Tonight I'm thinking is not a good night for that given the temps and the wind tunnel between the buildings. Which would be the better alternative, the Ford garage or JL 3&4? Neither are any bargain getting out it seems.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i went to a game a few weeks ago and never parked in the front lots. thats suppose to be triangle park at some point no? it doesn't even look like they are doing much of any prep work for it. I told my wife that this is suppose to be a park and she was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh what?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I currently spend $0 to $20 every season though I go to almost every game because the prices are a rip off.

Agreed. They increased prices of most items across the board this season, so I now refuse to ever buy anything again in the arena.

I used to get dinner inside before every weeknight game, but not anymore. Just pack a sandwich and eat it at the train station while waiting for the train.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Agreed. They increased prices of most items across the board this season, so I now refuse to ever buy anything again in the arena.

I used to get dinner inside before every weeknight game, but not anymore. Just pack a sandwich and eat it at the train station while waiting for the train.

You'll be a millionaire by April

(Just kidding of course)

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBlueAndRed

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Concession pricing is out of control, I have curtailed my spend over the years. But, I can't pass up the Founders beer stand, it's just too good.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
I was surprised I didn't get a call from my rep today (after opting out last night). Although I explained my reasons for not renewing (they provided a "comments" section in the opt-out), and it was pretty clear that there isn't a point in calling, and my rep can't be surprised as I made it clear the only reason I had renewed for this year was because of the buyback credit (basically, with the 8-game credit and going from 4 seats to 2, the incremental outlay for this year was minimal).

Would be interested to hear from others who opt-out as to whether they get contacted. They may well simply focus their efforts on trying to get new sths, although they should certainly reach out to anyone who opts out but doesn't provide a reason; not to necessarily talk them into coming back, but maybe to actually understand what people are thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad