OT: HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
if anyone would like to play sunday or thursday nights (gym) hockey let me know.
time and place not confirmed yet - most likely Outremont area or downtown around 8-930 pm ... just trying to get enough MEN committed. Girls are welcome too, so long as skill level up to par or upon submission of photo :sarcasm:

I prefer gym hockey - more time with the ball, more action than ball hockey played in a full size arena.

Also 90 minutes gym rental means you'll end up playing a lot more than you would with an orgnanized ball hockey league...

Price would be around 10$ / game

send me a msg...

havok78

Jan 3, 2009
Montreal
I was playing for PTM, played one game and the team thought i wasn't good enough. I hadn't played in almost a year so yeah i am rusty and shaky but i allowed 3 goals on 22 shots, can't be that bad right? So I am a free agent looking to play...

Batarnac

Oct 5, 2006
Montreal

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Hey guys, I am looking to get into playing hockey after a 18 year hiatus and I need to know if there are any adult/ old timer leagues out there ( preferably East end of Montreal) that would be looking for players for the winter session. Anybody know of a place to play?

prevail

Jan 3, 2004
Montreal
Visit site
Have any of you played the ball hockey league in Laval? www.hockeyballe.com I'm not sure what the actual name is. I played my 1st game last night and nobody on my team seems to know the rules for breakouts or icings, the game was late too and the ref wouldn't really clarify anything.

Tried finding some info on the site but with no luck, so if anyone has any experience and can help out I'd appreciate it

Thanks

havok78

Jan 3, 2009
Montreal
Have any of you played the ball hockey league in Laval? www.hockeyballe.com I'm not sure what the actual name is. I played my 1st game last night and nobody on my team seems to know the rules for breakouts or icings, the game was late too and the ref wouldn't really clarify anything.

Tried finding some info on the site but with no luck, so if anyone has any experience and can help out I'd appreciate it

Thanks

I’ve played in that league for years.
1-Icing is net to net
2-NO high sticks, even if you ask for a pass, it’s a two minute penalty
3-slashing is a 4 minute penalty
4- If you put your foot in the crease and aren’t just passing through (like trying to screen and heel is in there) the play is whistled dead and face off is out the zone
5-floating blue line, you cross the blue line, then the redline is the new out of bounds

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Thanks

The refs in that league really don't give a ****, that's why I left PTM and no longer play there

prevail

Jan 3, 2004
Montreal
Visit site
I’ve played in that league for years.
1-Icing is net to net
2-NO high sticks, even if you ask for a pass, it’s a two minute penalty
3-slashing is a 4 minute penalty
4- If you put your foot in the crease and aren’t just passing through (like trying to screen and heel is in there) the play is whistled dead and face off is out the zone
5-floating blue line, you cross the blue line, then the redline is the new out of bounds
Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated

One thing I had trouble with, when the goalie freezes it, you get the ball behind the goal line, then the ref blows the whistle, you have 5 seconds after he blows the first time until the other team can come get it right? A couple times the ref never blew a whistle and then he gave possession to the other team which was pretty annoying. He was a bit of a jerk but the league itself seems pretty fun.

havok78

Jan 3, 2009
Montreal
Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated

One thing I had trouble with, when the goalie freezes it, you get the ball behind the goal line, then the ref blows the whistle, you have 5 seconds after he blows the first time until the other team can come get it right? A couple times the ref never blew a whistle and then he gave possession to the other team which was pretty annoying. He was a bit of a jerk but the league itself seems pretty fun.

Yeah the refs are jerks sometimes, its their only rime with "power"..
As a goalie i usually talk to them and try to get them on my side, when a player interfers with me or whatever i calmly talk to him to look at my crease etc.
Yeah be aware that as soon as the goalie gives you the ball you got 5 seconds, whistle or not...

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I play in it depends on division some are more physical and others are high scoring skill .. mine is mixed going to try and get into a mens division

I'm building my fall team as we speak, I wanted to be playing summer but I could not find a team... :( My guys are young and we will have a couple of underagers atleast, however we've got heart and skill and a strong workethic to go with it. However we're only 3.... Trying to recruit ain't easy... Lol

FuriousBob

Jul 21, 2009
Hi guys!

Him playing in a casual garage hockey league and we probably need a goalie for sunday afternoon (5pm). I wanted to know if anyone was interested to drop by and have a fun!

Were all french and between 19 and 24!

That's about it!

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Can you guys suggest any casual ball hockey leagues around the West Island? Even if the summer registration is over, I'm even looking for the fall, I played probably 13 years minor hockey and I'm starting to feel that random street and outdoor hockey games aren't enough. Miss it way too much.

I've been looking around the net and word of mouth but haven't gotten too far, DBHL seems a bit too serious, MBHL seems interesting, Concordia has one too apparently. The problem is I'm solo and without a team it's a bit tricky to find a team, so if any of you guys have some advice (or is in the same boat as me) I'd appreciate it.
Check your PM's...

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I'm building my fall team as we speak, I wanted to be playing summer but I could not find a team... :( My guys are young and we will have a couple of underagers atleast, however we've got heart and skill and a strong workethic to go with it. However we're only 3.... Trying to recruit ain't easy... Lol

Im down probably joining a winter league with my current team if you need me let me know my email is [email protected] (there is an _ between mike/vince) Im also joining ice this year as well :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad