OT: HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
No I play for Big Stick. I talked with one of you guys before the game, don't if it was you. I watched the first then I had to leave but I thought you guys were playing well and the game was close. Actually, when I saw the final score days later, I was quite surprised and a bit sad because of how much I hate the Preds. They're a bunch of divers, they talk **** all game long and are dirty. One of our games vs them finished into a fight with one of our guys getting kicked in the head when he was down.

Anyway, fast forward to today, we had our first game, quarter final vs Mammouth. We took a lead early and managed it until the end where they came close to pull a comeback. Then we had the pleasure to play the Preds again.

And a truckload of karma was delivered. They scored the first two goals and started their antics. One dove in front of me even though I barely touched him. Got a penalty but we scored on the PK. Beautiful karma. At one point we were leading 3-2 then 4-3 but they were always coming back. They eventually took the lead 5-4, 6-5, 7-6. Then with 7 seconds to play, we scored and tied the game.

And then in the shootout, they took a 2-0 lead but we were able to tie it(had to shoot, holy **** was I nervous but was able to score) and then on the 7th round, we won.

After reading what you guys went through, with all what happened this season with those guys, it felt and feels sooooo good.

Awesome! Congrats!

We'll be back in the fall... I might play on a team in the summer, still undecided. The Isotopes will take a few months off though.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Yeah, same here, not playing this summer. We might change league though, we've had enough of Eddy. I know he's not the owner anymore but it's still the same league. If there's changes, then we might give them another chance but yeah...

Ubercron9000*

anybody interested in having me as a try out for ball hockey?? I'd really love to play. I played at the sports complexe claude malepart. I'm a decent player! If you play in montreal that be great since i take public transport. If you are interested contact me through messaging. I play defense and forward.

For ice hockey if you need a goaltender and a forward/defenseman me and my older brother are interested. My brother is the goaltender and he's 33 years old. He is a decent goalie nothing spectacular. Then again he has some crappy days and some awesome days... basically inconsistant lol. But still servicable :)

anyways message me anybody :) I'll keep tabs on this thread though!

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Hey guys, i just finished my first ever season playing floor hockey, started out as a goalie, was really average, ended up playing as a D. Got no skills whatsoever, but can play 2-3 minutes shifts and i love blocking shots, your typical stay at home D, and i'm pretty fast too. So if anyone needs somebody like that, hit me up.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
The MBHL season is just around the corner. Anyone here play? Would be cool to know if I've ever played against any of you guys.

nikhilmtl

Nov 21, 2011
Anybody playing in Grier parc in Pierrefonds or anywhere else in the west island? I'm dying to play right now..

adaptation

Jan 3, 2011
anybody interested in having me as a try out for ball hockey?? I'd really love to play. I played at the sports complexe claude malepart. I'm a decent player! If you play in montreal that be great since i take public transport. If you are interested contact me through messaging. I play defense and forward.

For ice hockey if you need a goaltender and a forward/defenseman me and my older brother are interested. My brother is the goaltender and he's 33 years old. He is a decent goalie nothing spectacular. Then again he has some crappy days and some awesome days... basically inconsistant lol. But still servicable :)

anyways message me anybody :) I'll keep tabs on this thread though!

Have you thought of Cepsum and/or YMCA hochelaga? Ever went there? Im thinking of going there, i believe they have pick up ice hockey games that are all year long. Im trying to find a ice hockey arena open all year and check the prices for saturday/sunday nights. Once i find something solid i will give you a word for sure.

Obviously if anyone is looking for ice hockey players this summer during the day (i work 6pm to 11pm) im down.

On a side note, as soon as most rinks open in october, i will try to get a ice hockey game on a morning weekday at Arena Mont-royal, who has pretty cheap prices for morning skates. Let me know if your interested.

Last edited:

prevail

Jan 3, 2004
Montreal
Visit site
Can you guys suggest any casual ball hockey leagues around the West Island? Even if the summer registration is over, I'm even looking for the fall, I played probably 13 years minor hockey and I'm starting to feel that random street and outdoor hockey games aren't enough. Miss it way too much.

I've been looking around the net and word of mouth but haven't gotten too far, DBHL seems a bit too serious, MBHL seems interesting, Concordia has one too apparently. The problem is I'm solo and without a team it's a bit tricky to find a team, so if any of you guys have some advice (or is in the same boat as me) I'd appreciate it.

nikhilmtl

Nov 21, 2011
Can you guys suggest any casual ball hockey leagues around the West Island? Even if the summer registration is over, I'm even looking for the fall, I played probably 13 years minor hockey and I'm starting to feel that random street and outdoor hockey games aren't enough. Miss it way too much.

I've been looking around the net and word of mouth but haven't gotten too far, DBHL seems a bit too serious, MBHL seems interesting, Concordia has one too apparently. The problem is I'm solo and without a team it's a bit tricky to find a team, so if any of you guys have some advice (or is in the same boat as me) I'd appreciate it.

Hey I'm in the same situation as you. I dont have a team. I called the guys at MBHL and they said its no problem. I'm going to be registering as an individual and be placed on a team. I don't know if there's still room but u can try, their phone number is 514 894-6676. I also am considering DBHL. I have no idea what it's like though. Why do u say it's too serious? Is it a good caliber?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad