OT: HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

DailyKaizen

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in playing some ball/street hockey. I know this place that is wicked cool to play, it has boards, nets, lights, and it is FREE. It is PERFECT for a bunch of us together and play some friendly pick up games...

Talent Analyst another fellow poster here, and I had many fun games at this place last year.

The place is near Galeries D'Anjou in Montreal, near Beubien Street and Galerie D'Anjou, Parc De Rosaires (sp?). Google maps always helps me but just to give you an idea it is near where the 40 and 25 intersect.

I know Wednesdays there is a group of friendly guys who play there, (I always played with them) but we could either join them or play any other day/night.

Let me know what you guys think, there is a lot of fun to be had guys!

Just ask Talent Analyst he was scoring a la Ovechkin :yo:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in playing some ball/street hockey. I know this place that is wicked cool to play, it has boards, nets, lights, and it is FREE. It is PERFECT for a bunch of us together and play some friendly pick up games...

Talent Analyst another fellow poster here, and I had many fun games at this place last year.

The place is near Galeries D'Anjou in Montreal, near Beubien Street and Galerie D'Anjou, Parc De Rosaires (sp?). Google maps always helps me but just to give you an idea it is near where the 40 and 25 intersect.

I know Wednesdays there is a group of friendly guys who play there, (I always played with them) but we could either join them or play any other day/night.

I'm always up for hockey games. I live close to there. I used to live even closer a couple of years ago.

Count me in... but please add some details... are we gonna make teams... things like that.

DailyKaizen

Hello Ozymandias,

Nice to hear from ya. I would be happy to provide any details you would like. It is early days right now but basically I am trying to get some people so we can enjoy some nice games, pick up games...you know put your sticks in the middle type of deal and randomly make up the two teams and then just enjoy a friendly game.

I say the biggest challenge is finding 2 goalies.

I suppose what would be cool, and eventual challenge would be to make a hfboards team to play some league...but first things first, as I say there is a lot of fun to be had playing there, as Talent Analyst and I can testify.

So what do ya say buddy are ya in?

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
Hey guys,

I'll come for sure. I may be a goaltender this year, I plan to buy a full stock. :)

Giontatas

Oct 8, 2005
Montreal
Hey guys

I would love to get in and play with you guys. I'm a goalie as well, have a nice set of Street equipment that passes off as ice stuff as well almost.

My only problem is I'm not a driver. So if anyone could provide an idea of public transpo, I'm all for this.

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
It's be something really cool, but I'm a Westie... Kinda sucks for travel, unless we got a few of us together and did some kinda carpool thing? I could prolly get a friend or two to join in too.

Magic33

Feb 5, 2008
MTL
Depending what day etc I would be down. Im a westie also though, but shouldn;t be much of a problem. Could be a pretty cool idea! Would you have to rent to space or something?

DailyKaizen

You do not need to rent the place...and yes in the winter we play ice there, but the winter is gone now...and it is time to set up the ball hockey...

For our Westie brethren...I think the car pool idea is excellent, also keep in mind, you are playing for free so it is worth the gas money, especially if you car pool.

Gentleman, please PM me your contact details so I can email, sms, telephone you whenever we could get some games going...What do you guys think of weekday evenings? I suggest we play on the days the habs dont play....

The big spot lights are not always on etc, we have to be nice with the park rangers (they are girls so if any of you are charming...)

We should take advantage of natural sunlight and play around 5:30/6
just my suggestion.

DeVries*

I'd play goalie, but I'm not buying a used equipment until this summer, maybe fall. Well not until I'm professionally stable:(

I'll keep in touch with you during this if possible!

Analyzer*

I wish I was still in Montréal. I'd be down for this, even if I had to ride the metro 45 minutes both ways.

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
I could take the choochoo or bus too. Also, it depends when I work and stuff. We'd have to try to get this to work on 1 or 2 days a week, that way I could give my availability.

DailyKaizen

Thanks for all the enthusiastic responses guys, all interested please PM your email address so we can build up a nice little email list to better help organize some games.

Analyzer: That is dedication man! WOW lol, sooo where do you live now? You can still be on the email list...you never know when you may be in my neck of the woods.

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal
I can say that it IS cool. I've played with them all summer and I intend to do so again so everyone come in great numbers :)

jnthomas

Aug 28, 2008
Montreal
I used to be a pretty good street hockey player. Ruined my skates, though.

LOL, get some new skates just so I can see that!

I'm looking forward to playing some street hockey with you guys as soon as my courses are finished, unless its moved from Wednesday.

BTW what time do you guys plan on finishing tomorrow? Maybe I'll have time to drop by after my course.

Gros Bill

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
You guys should ask McPhee, he's a great goalie. Plus, when he takes his shirt off, his belly button gives him an extra trapper and his rebound control is amazing.

jnthomas

Aug 28, 2008
Montreal
Is there a subway station close to the park? I'm looking on Google Maps but my internet sucks so I can't really see anything.

Closest is the Radison subway station. Then a 15 minute walk northwest should land you at the park.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad