OT: HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Bump/

I'm making a summer team in the MBHL summer league were looking for players.

3-4 players to be exact.

We're a young team, most of us are under 24 but we have a couple of guys that are 26 or 27..

If your interested PM me for info.

NSi

Mar 15, 2008
Montreal
Bump

My ball hockey team and I are forming an ice hokey team for next winter.

Looking to either join a league in the greater Montreal area or find a team to play against and rent an ice on our own.

Any suggestions for either option?

Also, we're probably looking for a goalie.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Bump

Looking to either join a league in the greater Montreal area or find a team to play against and rent an ice on our own.

It might be cheaper to rent ice on your own if you can get a good deal.

NSi

Mar 15, 2008
Montreal
It might be cheaper to rent ice on your own if you can get a good deal.

Yes, it's something I'm gonna check for sure.

If someone's team is looking for a similar solution, you can pm me. We're average players, looking first in Montreal but open to anything if it makes sense.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Bump

I'm playing in the DWHL right now. It's a pretty big league, plenty of divisions available depending on your skill level. You can either play during the week or on weekends, it's your call. Games are mostly played at the 4 glaces in Pierrefonds, but there are a few other locations (LCC's rink, Cegep St-Laurent, etc).

You can check out their website at dwhl.ca

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
I have done both those options.

I too, play in the DWHL. Very cool and big league. Started my own team after junior. Plenty of divisions and flexible time slots, and the guys who take care of the league are really cool guys. The only problem is that every year the price goes up. To counter the raise in fees, this year we had 15 players instead of 10, and cost us 503$ each for 22 games plus 2 guaranteed playoff games (20$ per game). Previous years it rounded out to something like 700$ for the same amount of games because we were a shorter bench. Games do get pretty intense against a couple of teams though, especially in D1-2-3. Some teams rough it up and there's occasional fighting (which is completely stupid in beer hockey) so if you're not keen on being competitive i'd say the option of renting your own time slot is the better one.

During the summer, I play 3 x 3 on a smaller ice with friends. We are 12 players and 2 goalies split into each teams, sticks in middle type of game and shoot-out tournament in the last 15 minutes. Costs us around 12 bucks per game. Very fun hockey, but much less intense. a much more economic alternative, though.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I have done both those options.

I too, play in the DWHL. Very cool and big league. Started my own team after junior. Plenty of divisions and flexible time slots, and the guys who take care of the league are really cool guys. The only problem is that every year the price goes up. To counter the raise in fees, this year we had 15 players instead of 10, and cost us 503$ each for 22 games plus 2 guaranteed playoff games (20$ per game). Previous years it rounded out to something like 700$ for the same amount of games because we were a shorter bench. Games do get pretty intense against a couple of teams though, especially in D1-2-3. Some teams rough it up and there's occasional fighting (which is completely stupid in beer hockey) so if you're not keen on being competitive i'd say the option of renting your own time slot is the better one.

During the summer, I play 3 x 3 on a smaller ice with friends. We are 12 players and 2 goalies split into each teams, sticks in middle type of game and shoot-out tournament in the last 15 minutes. Costs us around 12 bucks per game. Very fun hockey, but much less intense. a much more economic alternative, though.
What division are you in right now? I play D5 on Sundays.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
What division are you in right now? I play D5 on Sundays.

that's crazy, same for me! Heisenbergs (division champions yo!). What team did you play in?

First year playing Sundays and first year playing D5. Loved it, good calibre and just overall fun teams to play against, very balanced. Played D2 week nights the 2 years before that. The calibre was very strong and was good hockey but it was just too intense. People getting hit (I really wouldn't mind cause I've played contact for a while, but beerleague is not the place for that) and fights all over the place. Started the new team with a little less talent and a little less competitive, and it was a much better experience. Just the fact that you play on a fix schedule is fantastic

Last edited:

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
that's crazy, same for me! Heisenbergs (division champions yo!). What team did you play in?

First year playing Sundays and first year playing D5. Loved it, good calibre and just overall fun teams to play against, very balanced. Played D2 week nights the 2 years before that. The calibre was very strong and was good hockey but it was just too intense. People getting hit (I really wouldn't mind cause I've played contact for a while, but beerleague is not the place for that) and fights all over the place. Started the new team with a little less talent and a little less competitive, and it was a much better experience. Just the fact that you play on a fix schedule is fantastic
Just realised you're talking about this past winter season and I'm talking about the summer season that just started :laugh: I play on Flying V.

My first season in DWHL was last summer (D4) and I just started my 2nd season a few weeks ago (D5, more teams signed up). Actually last summer was my first time ever playing any kind of ''competitive hockey''. Other than playing at the park a few times per winter, I had never played hockey. I'm still not a great skater, but I'm doing much better this season, although it wasn't hard to surpass last season's total :laugh:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Bumpity bump

Anyone looking for a pick up ball hockey player?

Not a fan of organised arena leagues with refs and scorekeeping...though it seems to be the most popular option and if nothing else I don't mind joining.

Preference would be standard gym ball hockey for 90-120 minutes.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
My buddies and I are looking into 3 vs 3 ice hockey in Boisbriand at the Centre d'Excellence Sports Rousseau (Armada's home arena). If any goalies are potentially interested, send me a PM!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad