OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So now that I am down 65 pounds I think it's time I finally start weight training. I lost the first 50 or 60 the first 5 months and then when my dad went into the hospital I slacked off for the longest time losing the rest, gaining and losing, gaining, losing, gaining, losing, etc. I just want it gone! 165 pounds and still fat, ugh (5'10). Time to start using my kettlebells I keep not using. People keep telling me I need to stop losing weight, I look good and start weight training. It's been 1 year at the end of November, need year 2 to kick my ass.
Start with light weights, your goal now should be to understand form and the function of each workout for what you want to accomplish.

But hey man, good job. Very good.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Start with light weights, your goal now should be to understand form and the function of each workout for what you want to accomplish.

But hey man, good job. Very good.
Thanks. I aint like proud of myself or anything, I feel meh about it. It's gone, keeping it off and never going back down that obese road again. Atleast I can fit into Large shirts easily.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Focus on good form and don't give 2 shits about weight.

BUT

Once you have good form do sets 6-8. You won't bulk up, trust me. You have to add muscle to cut. Doing sets of 12 w/o building muscle first is downright silly. I would even recommend sets of 5-6 max while building muscle.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Focus on good form and don't give 2 shits about weight.

BUT

Once you have good form do sets 6-8. You won't bulk up, trust me. You have to add muscle to cut. Doing sets of 12 w/o building muscle first is downright silly. I would even recommend sets of 5-6 max while building muscle.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
44152012_1265501173600640_6538123264663748608_n.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh shit, I thought I replied to this.

My brother is bring up the kids and staying over during Halloween until my nephew's birthday in November, so we're waiting until he comes, or rather...I am since my gf is a pansy with scary movies. I just checked it when I got it to see the quality and it was fantastic.

Sorry, I got caught up in The Haunting of Hill House, which was better than I thought and I was worried the adaptation wouldn't be as good as the book.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

STAY OFF THE DAMN WEED!!!!

Unrelated but I'm planning on going back to the UK over winter, I decided I'm not fully done with solo traveling so I'm think I'm going to go to Manchester for 5 days in February. If anyone has any better suggestions I'm all ears for them, I just want to be able to go to a premier league game more than anything :laugh:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Oh ****, I thought I replied to this.

My brother is bring up the kids and staying over during Halloween until my nephew's birthday in November, so we're waiting until he comes, or rather...I am since my gf is a pansy with scary movies. I just checked it when I got it to see the quality and it was fantastic.

Sorry, I got caught up in The Haunting of Hill House, which was better than I thought and I was worried the adaptation wouldn't be as good as the book.

Yeah it does look amazing. Are you buying the Criterion version of “Night Of The Living Dead” too??

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah it does look amazing. Are you buying the Criterion version of “Night Of The Living Dead” too??

Thinking about it. Trying to compile a list of horror movies that I want to keep just for a collection of them. That one obviously has to be on it, just want to get a few more on a list and then get them all at once. I usually download movies but sometimes a hard copy is nice too.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Thinking about it. Trying to compile a list of horror movies that I want to keep just for a collection of them. That one obviously has to be on it, just want to get a few more on a list and then get them all at once. I usually download movies but sometimes a hard copy is nice too.

Lemme know if you need or want recommendations my dude. Although my speciality is foreign horror or horror made before 1990. ;)

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad