OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
After being away for so long and reading threads/comments here and there, it was a wise choice. Collective hive mentality is full of morons. Disconnecting from tech is probably the best thing I've ever done along with putting a VPN on my phone.

Have to laugh that the sky was falling again after 2 games.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
After being away for so long and reading threads/comments here and there, it was a wise choice. Collective hive mentality is full of morons. Disconnecting from tech is probably the best thing I've ever done along with putting a VPN on my phone.

Have to laugh that the sky was falling again after 2 games.. :rolleyes:

I basically just stay off the Pens board after a bad game.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't care how you feel about THE Ohio State University, this is great

Damn right!

Just my quick story about the best damn band in the land. I would go for late night jogs to the big ass gym in the middle of campus and that band would STILL be practicing. Even if practice was over, a few of them would be working on stuff. I've never seen such dedicated musicians just trying to bust their butt for entertainment.

Awesome stuff.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Going to see First Man in IMAX today at the Waterfront but the Parkway East is a colossal cluster****.
I'm sure it's a good movie, I just think it's a ridiculously unnecessary movie to be made and told. We've been through countless tv mini series and movies, and etc about this whole thing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I basically just stay off the Pens board after a bad game.
I find myself kind of absorbing the negativity. I feel like I might be a little more scarce as well even during a good game.
LOL. Good.

I wasn't planning on watching a 3rd season as they pass the iron fist around like an overly dramatic game of hot potato.

Well, if anything, Luke Cage was only good when he was in it, so it's obvious they need to rebrand that show to Heroes For Hire: Cage & Rand.

They both were better in the Luke Cage show together, oddly enough, even in their comic book series, both were better when they were together, it's just funny how that worked out in the tv shows as well. It just needs to happen. I think it would be a mistake to abandon Iron Fist altogether, the characters were finally being rounded out, I would bring it into a hybrid situation.

Even Punisher suffered after his debut in Daredevil, you kind of just had a dude run around murdering people, etc etc...with DD, he at least had more of a point to him, without him...it was much of the same old stuff we've seen in movies already but ultra violent.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I was reminded of this yesterday from sitting in the West End "Circle":

il_fullxfull.1532712424_99cq.jpg

:laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't get why yinzers get so pissy about bike lanes whenever a news story comes out about Pittsburgh adding new bike lanes. Oh no, the 3 feet of road lost for the bike lane is going to be destructive towards traffic! That is so much worse than making sure bicyclists in this city don't die! You're going to make traffic for me so much worse, despite me living in Greensburg and never going into the city!

Same thing in Cleveland. It's a midwest city culture. The city has always catered to car culture and now that's changing and people can't handle it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Same thing in Cleveland. It's a midwest city culture. The city has always catered to car culture and now that's changing and people can't handle it.

Same reactions here in the ultra "progressive" Bay Area...where you think people would LOVE bicyclists....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love bikers as long as they aren't mildly inconveniencing me in any way.
The thing that annoys me is that they seem to completely forget the rules of the road for cars as well. Yet we are to 100% remember to keep out of their way, but they veer into the cars and whatever and then slam your hood because you took a right turn while they were 3 blocks away and decided to speed the f*** up out of nowhere?

I had one guy do this to me downtown and then stop at the light, I pulled over and put my hazards on and confronted the guy, he quickly changed his tone from being super angry to "Oh man, I am sorry..."

Next time, they'll get a close encounter of the fist in the face kind if they touch my truck. I don't whip out my door when these spandex wearing ass f***s cut in front of me and don't respect the space we already give them.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
The strangest thing happened when me and my gf were reading that article, someone started to cut onions.
Those damn f***ing onions.

But seriously, this is the start of something that is going to promote hockey in Kenya. It may never become a popular game etc but that doesn't matter, those guys had the time of their lives and others now know about the sport.

Us in the Western world easily forget how good we have it.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
The only people that love cyclists are cyclists.

Well I was able to bicycle commute for a bit. I always had lights, used hand signals, and stopped at red lights AND stop signs.

I hate other cyclists. Because they were assholes. I did my best to be a courteous road user. I was by FAR in the minority.

I was also a courteous motorcyclist. most of whom are also assholes. Wait. I'm also a courteous driver...most of whom are assholes.

I think most people are assholes on the roads...lol

True education here:

EVERY DRIVER should watch this:

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So now that I am down 65 pounds I think it's time I finally start weight training. I lost the first 50 or 60 the first 5 months and then when my dad went into the hospital I slacked off for the longest time losing the rest, gaining and losing, gaining, losing, gaining, losing, etc. I just want it gone! 165 pounds and still fat, ugh (5'10). Time to start using my kettlebells I keep not using. People keep telling me I need to stop losing weight, I look good and start weight training. It's been 1 year at the end of November, need year 2 to kick my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia