OT: HF Pens OT Zone: Was her name Brahbrah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Got the tent up in 45 minutes which ain't too bad.

Went for a 5.5km hike which took just over an hour. Got a 9km one planned for tomorrow.

Right now I am in a bar drinking diet coke watching baseball
It will get to the point where it will take you 10mins by yourself the more you go.

Enjoying the colder camping?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Netflix pulled the plug on Luke Cage.

Good, now they can easily do Heros for Hire and Daughters of the Dragon.
It would make sense. But I did find it funny how they were like "Iron Fist is cancelled, but you might see him in Luke Cage....*moments later* oh haha, yeah we cancelled that too."

IT would make sense for a Heroes for Hire show, let's see if that's what they do.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lot of speculation that Disney is "forcing" Netflix to clean it up so they can use them for their new streaming service.
Curious how that will work with Daredevil.

Edit: Forgot about Jessica Jones and The Punisher. So apparently after The Defenders, Marvel & Netflix's deal was up. Which means Disney can tell them to cancel shows if they want.

Luke Cage ended their latest season on a good note - Netflix cancels it.
Iron Fist ended their latest season on a very good note - Netflix cancels it.

I am surprised Jessica Jones hasn't been cancelled yet and same for Punisher, or even DD after this current season is given a few weeks of gestation.

I am going to check out Titans.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I thought Disney was trying to start up their own streaming service to take ALL the revenuessssssssss.

Is this cancelled?
Everything we know about Disney's upcoming streaming service

I am skeptical, I can smell Disney's plan a mile away.

It will start off dirt cheap vs Netflix and other streaming services. It will then gauge its interest with the smaller catalog, then it will slowly start to add what they've acquired in a layered method of releases the way Netflix does with bringing old shows and movies into the fold. Then it will start offering tiers of service.

Not like Netflix with 4k and more users, but likely tiers of which movies and shows you can get if you pay more.

Disney is shit and Marvel is no better. It's why that marriage works and now they have Fox's catalog, ABC (already), and more.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I am skeptical, I can smell Disney's plan a mile away.

It will start off dirt cheap vs Netflix and other streaming services. It will then gauge its interest with the smaller catalog, then it will slowly start to add what they've acquired in a layered method of releases the way Netflix does with bringing old shows and movies into the fold. Then it will start offering tiers of service.

Not like Netflix with 4k and more users, but likely tiers of which movies and shows you can get if you pay more.

Disney is **** and Marvel is no better. It's why that marriage works and now they have Fox's catalog, ABC (already), and more.

Agree fully.

At first, I was super happy for streaming. f*** cable right? Like 6 years ago I was on board with 'a la carte' media! Yay!

Then instead of paying just one evil Comcast, now, there are about 35 f***ing Comcasts...every f***ing channel and studio asking $10+/month for access to their empire...oh...and I STILL get to f***ing pay Comcast for the goddamn internet to stream the f***ing shows. It makes me sick I by default subsidize the goddamn Flyers!!!! [all CAPS swear word]!

What the f***.

Another victory for: books!

Reactions: Peat

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agree fully.

At first, I was super happy for streaming. **** cable right? Like 6 years ago I was on board with 'a la carte' media! Yay!

Then instead of paying just one evil Comcast, now, there are about 35 ****ing Comcasts...every ****ing channel and studio asking $10+/month for access to their empire...oh...and I STILL get to ****ing pay Comcast for the goddamn internet to stream the ****ing shows.

What the ****.

Another victory for: books!
Don't forget the throttling.

It's the issue with tech. Do you remember around the time "data" became more important than "minutes" on your cellphone?

It was around the time we all went from CDMA/GSM and networks like that to 3g, then 4g came and along with it....streaming services and youtube on your phone. Youtube now has it own streaming service too, literally every network is in the streaming game now. It's the illusion of "oh, haha I don't pay for cable" but really when you do the math for your internet + the subscription for your streaming service and your phone, you're just slightly better off and that changes when companies are able to re-write their data usage disclaimers.

I remember at one point, 4gig of data was a ton. 4gig now would barely last 2 weeks because so many things use data now and even if you streamed wireless at home on wifi, you have a cap, there's no "unlimited" unless you have some grandfathered deal, it's unlimited to point.

I remember I was dicking around on my xbox one and I was able to find thing that showed me data usage, I would watch netflix for maybe an hour or two a day to just zone out and the data usage was insane. I have a "grandfathered" deal which isn't even old, but I got this dude to bend over backwards for me for my internet package and made sure if they ever changed the language to make it not unlimited, I am to have my service cancelled and I wash my hands clean of them. Hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yup. I 'cut the cable' but still manage to spend $25 a month on streaming and only cut my internet/cable bill in half from $180 to $90--gotta have as fast as possible still ugh....add the $25...I have saved like $65 a month and lost a TON of content (only have Netflix and I do pay for YouTube because f***ing hell I get a lot from that and the lack of commercials+Google music subscription is pretty much worth it--to me.

What is even happening here?!!?!??!

Reactions: SniperHF

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yup. I 'cut the cable' but still manage to spend $25 a month on streaming and only cut my internet/cable bill in half from $180 to $90--gotta have as fast as possible still ugh....add the $25...I have saved like $65 a month and lost a TON of content (only have Netflix and I do pay for YouTube because ****ing hell I get a lot from that and the lack of commercials+Google music subscription is pretty much worth it--to me.

What is even happening here?!!?!??!

Yeah when you add it all up...Yeah you cut cable, but if you watched sports and wanted that NFL or NHL package, then you were paying it separately, with Cable, you were paying for those channels and were subject to blackouts constantly and a butt load of ads. So many ads.

If you were to add it up like you did, it's an illusion of "massive savings" but then you're paying for more stuff.

Spotify, NHL (not anymore), Netflix, CraveTV, Cell bill, Internet bill, etc.

Reactions: EightyOne

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

Attachments

• 4E093EEB-18C0-4C4A-8F34-1F15B1531B5D.jpeg
    4E093EEB-18C0-4C4A-8F34-1F15B1531B5D.jpeg
    648.4 KB · Views: 11

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hey since imdb forums are kaput I’ll ask here: in Once Upon A Time In America why did Max want Noodles to kill him if he was just going to get assassinated anyway? I had to watch it in 2 parts with a few weeks in between so I might’ve missed or forgotten something.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey since imdb forums are kaput I’ll ask here: in Once Upon A Time In America why did Max want Noodles to kill him if he was just going to get assassinated anyway? I had to watch it in 2 parts with a few weeks in between so I might’ve missed or forgotten something.

It's because he tried to kill Michael Corleone and well, he had to shoot Manny for sleeping with his sister which is not cool, which I mean, obviously led to him coaching a football team that played like one of those teams on any given sunday...

What I am trying to say is that, Serpico was just trying to do the right thing on a dog day afternoon, you know?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Politics has become an even more identity focused, **** slinging contest than sports, so I'm not too surprised that they're cutting out the politics board. Talking politics today is completely toxic, I've tried to cut out as much politics as I can from my life.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Amen @Empoleon8771 . I decided when I was real young I would not dispute politics or watch the news as an adult. The news exists of only pathetic negativity and as you said politics are extremely toxic. It's just pure garbage and life is too short.

Everyone just wants to side with a party instead of discuss legitimate ways to get things done. I absolutely despise when political discussions take place. Nobody wants to listen and everyone has an agenda. So good f***ing riddance to that board, which I never went on anyway. :laugh:

In a perfect world we would listen to one another and work together. A little give and a little take. It's what makes a relationship at any level, including political. So when we get to that level, i'll jump back in. Until then, i'll continue to bitch about @Randy Butternubs and his dislike for my favorite burger of all time - Butterjoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->