HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
With the 5% cap removed you could potentially see the Devils have an on-sale and release zero tickets and instead list the seats directly on the secondary which the 76ers already do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sabremike

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
To be fair though, isn’t this an example of de-regulation and more of a “free market” to some degree? They’re giving venues more control over their own tickets. Just taking away some of the levers that allow a broker/secondary market to exist, who are people profiting off of someone else’s product. (Not taking a stand here just looking for a discussion to better educate myself on this)
The problem is monopolization of the market. The secondary market is the true market (imo). This is similar to what the recording and film industries were doing at the advent of napster/torrents/whatever.

It's an antiquated solution for a modern issue.

You want anywhere from 1-2k less fans at the arena on a Tue in November against the mighty coyotes? I'm sure the food and booze vendors will be thrilled. But hey, we're already sponsored by goya, so what the hell.

If jvb got anything right it was competitive pricing and understanding that butts in the seats at almost any cost for this particular franchise was paramount for future success. I don't trust that Harris and Blitzer have the same sentiment.

And I've been on every side of the season ticket holder, StubHub regular, street scalper, etc, dynamic.

Last edited by a moderator:

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The problem is monopolization of the market. The secondary market is the true market (imo). This is similar to what the recording and film industries were doing at the advent of napster/torrents/whatever.

It's an antiquated solution for a modern issue.

You want anywhere from 1-2k less fans at the arena on a Tue in November against the mighty coyotes? I'm sure the food and booze vendors will be thrilled. But hey, we're already sponsored by goya, so what the hell.

If jvb got anything right it was competitive pricing and understanding that butts in the seats at almost any cost for this particular franchise was paramount for future success. I don't trust that Harris and Blitzer have the same sentiment.

And I've been on every side of the season ticket holder, StubHub regular, street scalper, etc, dynamic.

I've always felt teams have an ego problem when it comes to the secondary market. If prices are higher than face value they cry that resellers whoever it might be a fan or broker for making money that should belong to the team. But if prices are pennies on the dollar it's damaging to the brand.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I haven't seen it for the Devils but I've seen it for plenty of other events, it's called platinum seating for ticketmaster. Basically ticketmaster holds back all the prime locations and sells them for way more money. This bill makes that even worse cause now they can hold back even more tickets.

Also....

"The governor, in a message attached to his office's announcement that he signed the legislation into law, said the measure fixes an "increasingly outdated" ticket sales structure in the state "by adding a number of consumer protections, including a requirement that ticket resellers refund purchasers if the ticketed event is canceled or if the ticket is insufficient to gain admission to the event."

Lmfao what? Ticket resellers like stubhub and seat geek automatically refund you if an event is canceled and if you can't get into the event stubhub charges the seller a fee and provides new tickets. What a load of bs that line was about protecting us. This guy Murphy sucks(fyi I'm not registered in either party and I vote for whoever I think will actually do a better job which is honestly none of these morons)

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Selling tickets to an event that doesn’t take place and not offering a refund is called fraud. That law already exists. No doubt that piece of the bill was added simply to appear “consumer friendly”. It’s kind of disgusting

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Devils have already been selling on the secondary market. Those 8+ seat listings across multiple sections for the same game are not from a fan or a broker.

Correct.

Remember, the Devils are firmly AGAINST secondary market ticket sales.
Unless the Devils are doing the selling.

Selling tickets to an event that doesn’t take place and not offering a refund is called fraud. That law already exists. No doubt that piece of the bill was added simply to appear “consumer friendly”. It’s kind of disgusting

Stop using your brain, State of New Jersey depends upon it!

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
if they bring in some big tenants that could be good for the corporate seats they're always talking up but not actually selling

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Has an quick update on Triangle Park which is now renamed to Mulburry Commons:

Meanwhile, after being in the works for well over a decade, construction is also underway on Mulberry Commons, the City of Newark’s new three-acre public area that was previously referred to as Triangle Park. Aisha Glover of the CEDC told Jersey Digs that work on the premises is expected to be completed by late fall.

The park, which will be split in half by an upcoming extension of Columbia Street, is replacing a private parking lot where CRRNJ train tracks between the Lafayette Street Terminal and Jersey City once ran. The site also once contained Newark’s Chinatown neighborhood and is where the Mulberry Arcade once stood.

Eventually, the CRRNJ trestle over the southern part of Newark Penn Station, which sits adjacent to the Mulberry Commons site, is expected to be restored and converted into a pedestrian bridge. It will allow park visitors to travel between the station’s platforms, the Ironbound, Mulberry Commons, and the Prudential Center.

The pedestrian bridge connecting Newark Penn to the Rock is going to be really convenient once it's done.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

The pedestrian bridge connecting Newark Penn to the Rock is going to be really convenient once it's done.

Businesses in The Gateway such as Dunkin, Starbucks, Metro Pizza won't be too happy about the pedestrian bridge

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

I'm sure I'll catch some heat for this, and pardon me for being a curmudgeon, but this just seems like another scheme to keep people off of the actual streets of big bad Newark.

Gateway and such were always a way to convince people to work there without having to actually interact with the city.

To summarize: this idea sucks.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
redeveloping a city isn't a scheme and developing public spaces and increasing the value of land and number of tenants to raise property values and increase tax revenue for the city isn't inherently bad. especially if it's just focused on one area that from the start was intended to be a hub for economic development with the arena as an anchor. it's about time in my opinion

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
redeveloping a city isn't a scheme and developing public spaces and increasing the value of land and number of tenants to raise property values and increase tax revenue for the city isn't inherently bad. especially if it's just focused on one area that from the start was intended to be a hub for economic development with the arena as an anchor. it's about time in my opinion
Making it a park is ideal. Pedestrian "walkways" is not.

Why add the cost unless it's a direct attempt at limiting access?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think the walkway will actually enhance foot traffic on the streets of the city.

Gets them out of the insulated Gateway and closer to the Central Business District

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

That's going to be a thing? I didnt know that.

It doesnt really make any sense though given it already basically exists minus the last 1 block outdoors.

I think the walkway will actually enhance foot traffic on the streets of the city.

And then Launcelot, Galahad, and I, wait until nightfall, and leap OUT of the wooden rabbit, taking the French by surprise – not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!

Seriously though, your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That's going to be a thing? I didnt know that.

It doesnt really make any sense though given it already basically exists minus the last 1 block outdoors.

And then Launcelot, Galahad, and I, wait until nightfall, and leap OUT of the wooden rabbit, taking the French by surprise – not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!

Seriously though, your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Sure it does.

It gives people a safer perception, a walkway from Newark Penn to Mulberry, they won't have to cross the busy Route 21.

More people will walk out of Newark Penn now.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Sure it does.

It gives people a safer perception, a walkway from Newark Penn to Mulberry, they won't have to cross the busy Route 21.

More people will walk out of Newark Penn now.
Plenty of people already walk out of Penn. And the proposed pedestrian bridges are supposed to cross 21 and Mulberry. What's the purpose of crossing Mulberry? I'll tell you what, exactly what I stated previously.

Also, give me a break about 21. If you have a hard time with stoplights and crosswalks you should move to a state where left turns are illegal if there is more than 1 lane of traffic in both directions. Wait a second...

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm wondering if it will alleviate some of the traffic on 21. I'm guessing the people crossing slow it down a bit, even if they mostly obey the crossing signals.
Not a chance. I'm one of the few idiots I've ever seen dash across 21 or Market for that matter. The vast majority wait. Regardless, traffic at that intersection isn't an issue at 9:45. And with the advent of waze etc I don't believe it's much of a burden at 6:45 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce