HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Sadly, Dino now has an event menu that started in April

Yup, noticed that at the U2 concert the other night; still, for an "event menu", it's still a fantastic deal.

Unlike most, "event menus", it doesn't appear to be an attempt at price gouging, but rather an attempt at streamlining the menu in an effort to feed the maximum number of people in a short time period. We ate off that "event menu" and had nearly what we normally would have eaten and at roughly the same price.

damn there goes the $15 bucket of budweiser

That's like saying, "damb there goes the bubonic plague".

Reactions: New Jersey

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
So many afternoon games and variation. 4pm starts. 6pm starts. 1pm starts. My kids are older, but I’m glad to see it, compared to last year when every single game was 7pm and less family friendly.

Nothing beats a Sunday 5pm game I absolutely love that day and time

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Mercatto's is really great, they make authentic New Haven style tomato pies. The guy who runs it cut his teeth working at Pepe's (which if you don't know is one of the greatest pizza places in the entire country) and I highly recommend them for a pre game.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
Are there any season-ticket holders here with FOUR seats that would be looking to sell some of their games, preferably the weekend afternoon games for me and my family?

martyisgod

Dec 30, 2007
Sayreville
thinking about doing the weekend plan with my 5 year old son. looking for opinions if its worth it. defend twice section, last few rows for $1160 (for 2 tickets) comes to 48.33 per ticket per game

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
thinking about doing the weekend plan with my 5 year old son. looking for opinions if its worth it. defend twice section, last few rows for $1160 (for 2 tickets) comes to 48.33 per ticket per game

Honestly probably not. You could stick to the stubhub/ticketmaster exchange plan and get seats cheaper or similar to that in price and in probably better sections as well, including downstairs.

Plus then you have the bonus of not being stuck with tickets if he ends up not liking it or you can't go for some reason.

I'm a full season ticket holder but if I didn't enjoy my actual seats so much and the people around me I would absolutely have a stubhub/ticketmaster exchange plan instead.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Honestly probably not. You could stick to the stubhub/ticketmaster exchange plan and get seats cheaper or similar to that in price and in probably better sections as well, including downstairs.

Plus then you have the bonus of not being stuck with tickets if he ends up not liking it or you can't go for some reason.

I'm a full season ticket holder but if I didn't enjoy my actual seats so much and the people around me I would absolutely have a stubhub/ticketmaster exchange plan instead.
There's definitely something to be said about sitting in the same seats every game and getting to know the people around you. I question, however, how much a 5 year old will really appreciate the games.

-edit-

FYI, I ended up sitting in a section with all the Devils wives and GFs once, and all their younger kids had earmuffs to deaden the noise. That may be a consideration. The kids just seemed to be playing and not watching the game. Not sure if that's a bad example or not.

martyisgod

Dec 30, 2007
Sayreville
thanks guys. yea i was wondering more along if it was worth it money wise, or if stubhub/ticketmaster was better. Ive brought him to a few games so far and he absolutely loves it. Kinda why i was thinking about getting the plan; he wants to go to more games :)

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
thanks guys. yea i was wondering more along if it was worth it money wise, or if stubhub/ticketmaster was better. Ive brought him to a few games so far and he absolutely loves it. Kinda why i was thinking about getting the plan; he wants to go to more games :)

To me though that price isn't very good for the location so I just don't see the benefit of it. The back rows of the defending side in the 100s shouldn't be $50 a game. Plus they use the variable pricing now so a Carolina game there could be $25 while a Rangers game could be $75.

I think you'll easily be able to get seats on the attack side in the 100s and the lower end zones downstairs for around $50 bucks a game (minus games like the Rangers) on stubhub and ticket exchange with relative ease.

Then you also don't have to deal with worrying about selling tickets, which from my experience is next to impossible to get face value for most of the games.

Just think the stubhub/ticketmaster exchange route is the best option cause you can take him to as many games as you want without worrying about the commitment of doing so.

Reactions: martyisgod

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

To me though that price isn't very good for the location so I just don't see the benefit of it. The back rows of the defending side in the 100s shouldn't be $50 a game. Plus they use the variable pricing now so a Carolina game there could be $25 while a Rangers game could be $75.

I think you'll easily be able to get seats on the attack side in the 100s and the lower end zones downstairs for around $50 bucks a game (minus games like the Rangers) on stubhub and ticket exchange with relative ease.

Then you also don't have to deal with worrying about selling tickets, which from my experience is next to impossible to get face value for most of the games.

Just think the stubhub/ticketmaster exchange route is the best option cause you can take him to as many games as you want without worrying about the commitment of doing so.

Agreed on the first point. Our seats are in the attack twice end (130, lower rows) and avg price per game is about $58 per ticket - the discount % for full vs partial STH is definitely not the same. As far as the resale prices, start time and team performance will tell. For the weekend plan, most of the Saturday/Sunday starts are 1PM which are likely to draw more fans with kids, so resale may be a bit higher. Again, time will tell.

Personally, I'd go the StubHub route and choose different sections for each game to get a better idea of which location you like the best and then for next season, consider that section for a partial plan.

Good luck!

Last edited:

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

Agreed with others that you can probably do better cobbling something together on your own ... and not have to worry about getting rid of tickets if you can't use them (or he doesn't want to go as often).

As an example, I have tickets in row 5 of defend twice balcony, and when I can't go I generally (for most games) wouldn't look for more than $48/ticket ... especially from someone who is taking their 5-year old son.

Don't think it's worth it to lock yourself it to that price point for those seats

martyisgod

Dec 30, 2007
Sayreville
Agreed with others that you can probably do better cobbling something together on your own ... and not have to worry about getting rid of tickets if you can't use them (or he doesn't want to go as often).

As an example, I have tickets in row 5 of defend twice balcony, and when I can't go I generally (for most games) wouldn't look for more than $48/ticket ... especially from someone who is taking their 5-year old son.

Don't think it's worth it to lock yourself it to that price point for those seats

thanks. I thought about what you guys had said, and what I have witnessed on the secondary market and you are right. I actually brought up that point to the rep, and he was trying to tell me that weekend games will be more expensive/harder to get, also tried to throw in free tickets to another game (cant be ranger game). Still holding off and seeing whats out there when it gets closer to the game. Thanks guys

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
thanks. I thought about what you guys had said, and what I have witnessed on the secondary market and you are right. I actually brought up that point to the rep, and he was trying to tell me that weekend games will be more expensive/harder to get, also tried to throw in free tickets to another game (cant be ranger game). Still holding off and seeing whats out there when it gets closer to the game. Thanks guys

when there was like 2 matinee games a year, yes they were a little harder to get and a little more expensive. with something like 11 this year, i'm sure you'll be able to grab some decent tickets at a decent price. i already know i'm not going to all 11 of them that's for sure. for me with travel it kills the entire day.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Just got "The College of New Jersey Alumni Association" locked into a group outing for the January 12 Devils vs. Flyers game. They're including a pre-game meal in "the party room" and a post game picture on ice. Should be a huge turnout of fans for both teams, and a decent number of beer sales :P

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just got "The College of New Jersey Alumni Association" locked into a group outing for the January 12 Devils vs. Flyers game. They're including a pre-game meal in "the party room" and a post game picture on ice. Should be a huge turnout of fans for both teams, and a decent number of beer sales :P

Yeah, make sure the Philly fans open their wallets a lot

Reactions: Colin226

chaspav

Dec 8, 2013
Does anyone know when they will communicate FLEX member pricing and start filling out orders for FLEX members?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Any news on a Devils Hall of Fame inside The Rock?

you would think they could do something with "championship plaza" seeing how there is really just a giant metal hockey statue that doesn't really tie in with the team? they really should just call it "brick wall plaza"

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Have a single ticket in the balcony behind the west goal for the preseason game vs the Rags. Face is $32 (average price of my tickets as I have no idea how the heck the variable pricing is working for the game), but feel free to make me an offer (ie: I don't expect anyone to give me $32 for it). If interested PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad