HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Have a single ticket in the balcony behind the west goal for the preseason game vs the Rags. Face is $32 (average price of my tickets as I have no idea how the heck the variable pricing is working for the game), but feel free to make me an offer (ie: I don't expect anyone to give me $32 for it). If interested PM me

No one really knows the west from east side.

Attack or Defend?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Well technically the east side of the building is the old Fire Lounge and the west side would be the Ice Lounge. North is the attack twice and south is defend twice ;)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
With the popularity of soccer seemingly growing I'm surprised there is not a decent Indoor League.

The Ironmen played a season at The Rock in 2008.

Some of us remember the Cosmos and Rockets indoor teams at Brendan Byrne Arena.

I'd love to have professional indoor soccer back at The Rock.

Reactions: sabremike

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
With the popularity of soccer seemingly growing I'm surprised there is not a decent Indoor League.

The Ironmen played a season at The Rock in 2008.

Some of us remember the Cosmos and Rockets indoor teams at Brendan Byrne Arena.

I'd love to have professional indoor soccer back at The Rock.

I’d be curious to know why there’s no arena football team at any of the local arenas. Is it that there’s too many other pro sports teams and activities to do in the NJ/NY area?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I’d be curious to know why there’s no arena football team at any of the local arenas. Is it that there’s too many other pro sports teams and activities to do in the NJ/NY area?

Use to have two, the NY Dragons (that's why the Islanders mascot is a Dragon) played in Nassau and the NJ Gladiators back at the Meadowlands. I had season tickets for the gladiators cause it was ridiculously cheap.

Attendance was not good for either of them. Philly still has a team and I think they do pretty well but I stopped paying attention to the league when the Gladiators left.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Use to have two, the NY Dragons (that's why the Islanders mascot is a Dragon) played in Nassau and the NJ Gladiators back at the Meadowlands. I had season tickets for the gladiators cause it was ridiculously cheap.

Attendance was not good for either of them. Philly still has a team and I think they do pretty well but I stopped paying attention to the league when the Gladiators left.
There are a whole bunch of arena leagues that are regional because of travel costs, which is what pretty much destroyed the AFL. AFL is down to 4 teams (Philly, Baltimore, DC and Albany) and is so bogus at this point that a team with a 2-12 record just won their championship. In addition I was told they couldn't do arena ball at Barclays because of the arena configuration. But speaking of fringe sports I am just overjoyed that my NLL Wings are coming back. Too bad the owners of the original Wings (who moved to Mohegan Sun) are total bastards who wouldn't let them use the old colors or logo (they can't even use the old mascot Mad Dog). Miss the Titans as I was a STH for their brief existence. Heck, I would love to see the long departed Saints come back. Maybe when Belmont opens that can happen.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm sure I'm not the only one receiving Philly Sixers marketing emails.

They do great stuff for their fans down the Shore.

They will be having events at 5 Jersey Shore boardwalks this week.

Why won't they do this for the Devils?

I know they had the beach bash gig but fans had to pay for access to the players .

Devils Marketing is still very lacking across the State.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

I know they had the beach bash gig but fans had to pay for access to the players .

Yeah I got that as well. Very interesting to see them taking a different angle with the Sixers beach events. My guess is they are just experimenting to see which format attracts more people - numerous free events that are small versus one big event that you pay to be at.

Charging for the Devils event makes sense given that you got an unlimited BBQ buffet, soft drinks, and a hat. The Sixers events look like you don't get anything.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

fans also got food and drinks

but yes lets continue to complain about anything and everything

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yeah I got that as well. Very interesting to see them taking a different angle with the Sixers beach events. My guess is they are just experimenting to see which format attracts more people - numerous free events that are small versus one big event that you pay to be at.

Charging for the Devils event makes sense given that you got an unlimited BBQ buffet, soft drinks, and a hat. The Sixers events look like you don't get anything.

Devils should do more events around the State.

Vanderbeek's owners tour around bars throughout NJ was very well attended and received.

They should have similar events with players too.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Devils should do more events around the State.

Vanderbeek's owners tour around bars throughout NJ was very well attended and received.

They should have similar events with players too.

I remember going to those viewing parties back in the 09-11 timeframe when JVB was owner. Most of the times the Devils reps literally gave out free tickets to everyone in attendance.

While well-attended the reason why the Devils stopped doing those was because they figured out most fans who went to those were 1) already fans and 2) already STH attending games. I remember going to at least a half-dozen of these events at different venues and it was largely the same fans at each one. The ROI for the Devils was very little hence they stopped.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I’d be curious to know why there’s no arena football team at any of the local arenas.

Because arena football is on life support.

There used to be about 20 teams nationally in its' heyday before the league went bankrupt, but I think there's only 4 or 5 teams in the "league" now, which is pretty much joke status.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the Nashville Predators ripped off the name from the Orlando Predators. I cant recall any sports team being called the "Predators" prior to Orlando, but perhaps I just dont know of it.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My rep Bobby Brown just called me yesterday out of the blue just to see how I was doing. Really like this guy.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
has anyone received word about when flex members will get to choose their games? first i heard sometime in july, then first week in august, then last week my rep said i would have gotten an email last wednesday but still nothing

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
To be fair though, isn’t this an example of de-regulation and more of a “free market” to some degree? They’re giving venues more control over their own tickets. Just taking away some of the levers that allow a broker/secondary market to exist, who are people profiting off of someone else’s product. (Not taking a stand here just looking for a discussion to better educate myself on this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad