HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Conspiracy theory - these new sports betting sponsorships and the push to have fans betting during games could push the team to install a true WiFi system throughout the arena :naughty:

i never understood who needs wifi in places? aren't most people if not all of them on unlimited data services?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
i never understood who needs wifi in places? aren't most people if not all of them on unlimited data services?
In places where there's a high concentration of people, cell service goes to hell.
At Red Bull Arena, cell phones are useless right before the game starts. I get a much better signal at Prudential Center though.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
I'm hitting Darklays for the first time on Saturday. Anybody got any advice on where to eat in or near the arena or the best Subway line to take there from Penn Station?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I'm hitting Darklays for the first time on Saturday. Anybody got any advice on where to eat in or near the arena or the best Subway line to take there from Penn Station?

Outside
Shake Shack is across the street

Morgan's BBQ
Their version of Dinosaur BBQ, good local BBQ joint a block and a half away
Morgan's BBQ

Patsy's Pizza
Incredible NYC style pizza
Patsy's Pizzeria of Brooklyn Downtown - Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY

Inside
Calexio
Mexican street corn is delicious
Calexico | Concessions and bars | Barclays Center

Buffalo Boss
If boneless wings are your thing
Buffalo Boss | Concessions and bars | Barclays Center

Habana
Get the Cuban sandwich
Habana | Concessions and bars | Barclays Center

Subway
Take the 2 or 3 downtown from Penn Station

Last edited:

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
You sir, are a saint. Awesome list, thanks!

Outside
Shake Shack is across the street

Morgan's BBQ
Their version of Dinosaur BBQ, good local BBQ joint a block away
Morgan's BBQ

Patsy's Pizza
Incredible NYC style pizza
Patsy's Pizzeria of Brooklyn Downtown - Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY

Inside
Calexio
Mexican street corn is delicious
Calexico | Concessions and bars | Barclays Center

Buffalo Boss
If boneless wings are your thing
Buffalo Boss | Concessions and bars | Barclays Center

Habana
Get the Cuban sandwich
Habana | Concessions and bars | Barclays Center

Subway
Take the 2 or 3 downtown from Penn Station

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
You sir, are a saint. Awesome list, thanks!
I live in the area and this list is fine, but could use some tweaking.

Shake shack is right there but will be mobbed on a weekend game day. Plus they're everywhere now.

Patsy's is good but doesn't hold up to the Harlem original and is absurdly overpriced.

Morgans is fine, but it's not a block away and Dino is better and almost as close.

For a proper meal I would consider James - HOME

My favorite sandwich shop/market in Brooklyn - https://www.bklynlarder.com

The Artichoke Pizza on 5th Ave is better than that patsy's location. I just avoid the actual artichoke slice.

Chocolate room on 5th can't be beat if you're looking for dessert or coffee.

Or you can get a bit of everything at DeKalb market 1 stop or a 10 minute walk away. Katz, fletchers bbq, arepa lady, ample hill, and about 40 other places that are exceptional. DeKalb Market Hall

Threes is killer for the gastro/brewpub thing.

And no offence to big blue, but while I like what Barclays has done in regards to having local restaurants inside the arena the 3 he mentioned are just ok imo besides maybe habana. If you're rarely in the area I'd definitely take the opportunity to eat your way through it instead of dining inside.

Also, you can take just about any train from penn station except for the 1 and E. I prefer the B, D, and Q as they run express and over the bridge.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
My usual Barclays strategy: Straight from NJ, to my seat at Barclays, straight back to NJ.

I'll eat/drink in Hoboken before.
Do you, but you're missing out.

I don't live in Newark but enjoy patronizing many of the local establishments when I'm in town. It's a part of the experience of going to a city one doesn't reside in.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Do you, but you're missing out.

I don't live in Newark but enjoy patronizing many of the local establishments when I'm in town. It's a part of the experience of going to a city one doesn't reside in.

I *always* patronize Newark establishments before games, but that's different because even though the vast majority of us here probably don't live in Newark, we all consider Newark a home away from home. I'm one to have a "get in, get out" mentality whenever going to an event in the City, on the other hand.

I'm sure you'll disagree with me here seeing as you moved from NJ to NYC, but I don't really consider myself as a "visitor" whenever I'm in the City, considering I've never lived outside of the two closest NJ counties to Manhattan. Like, I live closer to Manhattan than at least a million people on the outer fringes of Queens, always have.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbv

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I *always* patronize Newark establishments before games, but that's different because even though the vast majority of us here probably don't live in Newark, we all consider Newark a home away from home. I'm one to have a "get in, get out" mentality whenever going to an event in the City, on the other hand.

I'm sure you'll disagree with me here seeing as you moved from NJ to NYC, but I don't really consider myself as a "visitor" whenever I'm in the City, considering I've never lived outside of the two closest NJ counties to Manhattan.
I wouldn't consider you a visitor per se either, and some people in both states get a kick out of deriding the other even though it's a symbiotic and mutually beneficial relationship. My family has been calling me a benny for years and friends I've known in the city since high school still call me Jersey boy. Whatever.

Just pointing out that the surrounding area is worth a look.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd patronize area businesses around rival arenas, but I don't spend inside and give teams like the Rags or NYb any $

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just paid $107.70 USD ($140.50 CAD) for seats 5 rows from the rafters in Toronto, and that was BOX office price (TM released some seats so I jumped on it).

Their UPPER LEVEL seats in the first 5 rows are pushing $240 CAD ($183 USD). Flipping madness. I'd only go to 1 or 2 games per year if I was a Leafs fan, and never in the lower bowl.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just paid $107.70 USD ($140.50 CAD) for seats 5 rows from the rafters in Toronto, and that was BOX office price (TM released some seats so I jumped on it).

Their UPPER LEVEL seats in the first 5 rows are pushing $240 CAD ($183 USD). Flipping madness. I'd only go to 1 or 2 games per year if I was a Leafs fan, and never in the lower bowl.

Which game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad