HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Devils food is average at best.

What's odd is that in an era where stadium/arena food has made GIGANTIC strides forward, the Devils food quality & offerings have declined since 2007.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Devils food is average at best.

What's odd is that in an era where stadium/arena food has made GIGANTIC strides forward, the Devils food quality & offerings have declined since 2007.

It was better when we were broke and couldnt afford much of anything :laugh:. Particularly in the lounges and restaurant, the food was far superior than whatever sources they are using today.

Now we have billionaire owners, far more food options, but very subpar at that. Having all of the different options is great, but what good is it if the food is mediocre.

Quality > quantity.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I also gave a negative response on the food. I want Atlanta Falcons stadium prices for food and drinks. Every stadium neees to adopt their fan friendly prices.

The Seahawks also have a fan friendly food product now. Very affordable. I went to a concert at Met Life this weekend and a draft beer was $13. They offered a "value beer" which was a $5 can of Miller High Life. The prices are nutty for sporting events/concerts. A couple weeks ago at a Phillies game a bottle of Powerade, fries, and chicken fingers cost me $28.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Seahawks also have a fan friendly food product now. Very affordable. I went to a concert at Met Life this weekend and a draft beer was $13. They offered a "value beer" which was a $5 can of Miller High Life. The prices are nutty for sporting events/concerts. A couple weeks ago at a Phillies game a bottle of Powerade, fries, and chicken fingers cost me $28.

I eat at the arena maybe 1x for every 2 seasons so far. I refuse to spend that much money on overpriced food. I can't justify it at all especially when I'm at every game. If the food options were more in the 5-8 dollar range for an actual meal I would definitely eat there more often. I'm really not a cheap person but I'll never spend $13 bucks on a beer when you can get a case or multiple beers for that price at a local store. It's highway robbery and it's insulting and I want nothing to do with it.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Agreed. I stopped eating at The Rock some years back when the food became crappy. Now you can find me at Dinosaur BBQ.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Agreed. I stopped eating at The Rock some years back when the food became crappy. Now you can find me at Dinosaur BBQ.

Prices have always been horrible at the arena, can't really comment on the quality since it's the price that annoys me more than anything else.

Also don't feel like getting there that early to go eat at Dino so I just eat at home before the game or wait until I get home and eat.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
For those who take it, just note that the question asking how you move tickets when you can’t attend a game will only let you submit 1 response (even though most people move tickets multiple ways during a season).

I'm sure anyone who clicks the "Stubhub" box is immediately put on a watch list.

Reactions: dbv and Colin226

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I eat at the arena maybe 1x for every 2 seasons so far. I refuse to spend that much money on overpriced food. I can't justify it at all especially when I'm at every game. If the food options were more in the 5-8 dollar range for an actual meal I would definitely eat there more often. I'm really not a cheap person but I'll never spend $13 bucks on a beer when you can get a case or multiple beers for that price at a local store. It's highway robbery and it's insulting and I want nothing to do with it.

I'm not going to lie, the only food I ever buy at the Rock is the nacho platter. That's it. Unless it's dollar dog night. The prices are insane.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I'm not going to lie, the only food I ever buy at the Rock is the nacho platter. That's it. Unless it's dollar dog night. The prices are insane.

The Nacho platter is the only really good thing that almost seems sorta of reasonable. The tri-tip sandwich is really good at that stand but it’s expensive.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The Nacho platter is the only really good thing that almost seems sorta of reasonable. The tri-tip sandwich is really good at that stand but it’s expensive.

I get the tri-tip a lot, though that was because I had a bunch of food credit. That’s gone away so I won’t be getting it. One time it literally only had 2 pieces of meat on it. For $16, GTFO.

But I will say that I love the toppings bar they put out. Great for the burgers and chicken sandwiches.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think that game's gonna get the attendance others think it'll get. It's a midweek February game that's the first of four home games in six nights, with the others being the Islanders and back-to-back weekend games. It's as if they intentionally put the Kings game in the worst possible spot to have maximum booing :P

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm trying to get Brisas Empanadas into Prudential Center. They are a restaurant in Elizabeth and they are so freaking good. They have an empanada stand at Red Bull Arena and they need to be in Prudential Center too haha

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I'm trying to get Brisas Empanadas into Prudential Center. They are a restaurant in Elizabeth and they are so freaking good. They have an empanada stand at Red Bull Arena and they need to be in Prudential Center too haha

it will probably end up being $5 for 1 or $9 for two

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've eaten at Red Bull Arena, the games being as short as they are I'll just wait till the game is over and eat elsewhere. It's like 2.5 hours tops, I can wait but I'm always surprised at how many people eat there.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've eaten at Red Bull Arena, the games being as short as they are I'll just wait till the game is over and eat elsewhere. It's like 2.5 hours tops, I can wait but I'm always surprised at how many people eat there.
Yeah the food is not good. They know it too... Depending on when the game is, our plan is to usually go to the game then go eat at Tops Diner after because Tops is the best.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I tend to avoid eating at sporting events in general, on principle.

The most reasonable prices I have ever paid for food and beer at a sporting event was at Anfield in Liverpool, factoring in the exchange rate, of course. And this was in a hospitality lounge in the new Main Stand.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Hugh Weber and the team came through big for me! They're allowing me to buy tickets for the Switzerland game through the team's player allotment from the NHL. I wonder if I'll meet some players' families, and maybe we'll get on the Behind the Glass show.

I also got Devils shirts for my two close friends who live in Bern. Palmieri for my buddy who went to St. Peter's Prep with him, and Hischier for his wife who is from Arizona but speaks German and moved them to Bern as part of a 2-year work exchange program with PwC. Kind of amazing that they moved to a little town in Switzerland and the Devils happen to be playing there!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hugh Weber and the team came through big for me! They're allowing me to buy tickets for the Switzerland game through the team's player allotment from the NHL. I wonder if I'll meet some players' families, and maybe we'll get on the Behind the Glass show.

I also got Devils shirts for my two close friends who live in Bern. Palmieri for my buddy who went to St. Peter's Prep with him, and Hischier for his wife who is from Arizona but speaks German and moved them to Bern as part of a 2-year work exchange program with PwC. Kind of amazing that they moved to a little town in Switzerland and the Devils happen to be playing there!

That's really cool

Don't let us down!

Reactions: Colin226

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

i'm jelly

Reactions: Colin226
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad