HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Then I'm on the watchlist and I really don't give a **** about it.

Anyway, interesting article I stumbled across today, as if we didn't already know TM sucks.

'A public relations nightmare': Ticketmaster recruits pros for secret scalper program | CBC News

Trade Desk is simply a broker point of sale system that allows TM to double dip with sales. Get the primary sale and a piece of the secondary sale. The guy obviously had an agenda who attended this show undercover. Solving the bot problem is not easy as it sounds with a lot of the bot users being overseas. Obviously if someone admits to using one TM should report them to the Feds since the BOTS Act was signed under the last presidential administration.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Make sure you guys check your emails, just got this one and definitely don't want to get stuck with a credit towards additional games this year so I already completed it....

NHL Global Series

As you know, the Devils are excited to host the Edmonton Oilers as part of the 2018 NHL Global Series on Saturday, October 6, 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden.

As a returning Devils Member, the following options are available to you:

• Store the total outlined below as an account credit to utilize toward additional individual game tickets during the 2018-19 regular-season.

• Receive a deduction to your 2018-19 Devils Membership balance, reducing your total balance by the total outlined below.

Please see below for your total value (member variable rate for the Global Series game) and let us know how you would like to proceed prior to Friday, October 12 at 11:59 PM ET.

Last edited:

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Anybody with a pair of tickets to 10/14 against San Jose that can't make it? I've been scouring the secondary market but I'd rather give the money to another HF member if possible.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Heads up for all, a caveat to our weekend-heavy home schedule this season:

Five Saturday Devils/Seton Hall double-headers are scheduled this season.

11/17: Devils vs. Detroit (1:00 pm), Pirates vs. St. Louis (8:00 pm)
12/1: Pirates vs. Louisville (12:00 pm), Devils vs. Winnipeg (7:00 pm) [Worse-ice-than-usual alert.]
12/29: Devils vs. Carolina (1:00 pm), Pirates vs. St. John's (8:30 pm)
1/19: Devils vs. Anaheim (1:00 pm), Pirates vs. DePaul (8:00 pm)
2/9: Devils vs. Minnesota (1:00 pm), Pirates vs. Creighton (8:00 pm)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Plenty of tickets left on TM for opening night.

The box office pricing is the cause.
Way too high for this game.

Our fanbase doesn't care that we are playing the defending champs.

It's a Thursday night game vs a non rival , plus the Giants and Eagles are playing about 15 miles away.

Last year's home opener was Saturday afternoon and pricing was much lower. It turned out to have a fantastic atmosphere

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The box office pricing is the cause.
Way too high for this game.

Our fanbase doesn't care that we are playing the defending champs.

It's a Thursday night game vs a non rival , plus the Giants and Eagles are playing about 15 miles away.

Last year's home opener was Saturday afternoon and pricing was much lower. It turned out to have a fantastic atmosphere

Honestly I'm tired of the excuses. Every year it's something. Another old excuse that I always heard was oh well this generation of fans is gonna grow up and have kids of their own making more fans and that was over a decade ago. Where are they?

We just made the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, we have the MVP of the league and are going up against the defending cup champs who have one of the best players ever in Ovi. This should be an easy sellout.

The Giants season could be over before they even play Philly. 1-3 already with the chance to go 1-4 this weekend. Who cares.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Honestly I'm tired of the excuses. Every year it's something. Another old excuse that I always heard was oh well this generation of fans is gonna grow up and have kids of their own making more fans and that was over a decade ago. Where are they?

We just made the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, we have the MVP of the league and are going up against the defending cup champs who have one of the best players ever in Ovi. This should be an easy sellout.

The Giants season could be over before they even play Philly. 1-3 already with the chance to go 1-4 this weekend. Who cares.

I see your point and part of me wants to agree.

But our home opener pricing is way too high for this fan base and competitive market we are in.

Compare it to the pricing to the next home game when you get a second

It's a drastic difference.
One has inflated pricing, the other reasonable.

Most fans and families are simply not going to shell out coin in inflated pricing when there are many other games to choose from with reasonable costs.

HBSE is focused on total revenues and perceived ticket values, not in selling out the rink.

Right or wrong it's their strategy

On the other hand, VBK and Eric preferred to have a packed arena and better atmosphere, with lower prices in hopes it would turn fans into full season ticket holders.

If Jeff was still owner the 100/200 levels would have opening night ticket promos. Not $75 upper level last few rows which no one is buying

We are still a loyal suburban fanbase that shares our market with 3 other teams.

Our fans have proven that they will show up in force when given fair pricing.

Reactions: dbv

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
On the other hand, VBK and Eric preferred to have a packed arena and better atmosphere, with lower prices in hopes it would turn fans into full season ticket holders.

If Jeff was still owner the 100/200 levels would have opening night ticket promos.

My biggest problem with them was they lowered the fans expectations of getting into the building in the first place. Why pay for something when you know there will be tons of free vouchers to get in?

I always hated when they did that, even more so as a STH. That nonsense did damage to the fan base because it conditioned people to want free tickets or ridiculously reduced price tickets.

Look at any of the Facebook groups... People want tickets for free or next to nothing, it's a joke. I'd rather eat my tickets then deal with those people.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
My biggest problem with them was they lowered the fans expectations of getting into the building in the first place. Why pay for something when you know there will be tons of free vouchers to get in?

I always hated when they did that, even more so as a STH. That nonsense did damage to the fan base because it conditioned people to want free tickets or ridiculously reduced price tickets.

Look at any of the Facebook groups... People want tickets for free or next to nothing, it's a joke. I'd rather eat my tickets then deal with those people.

True, that is the perceived value that HBSE wants to increase with Devils tickets.

If they just priced the building right we would not even be having this discussion.

It seems as they are seeing how far they can go with regular seating to compensate for the lack of Premium seating sales in the suites, clubs, restaurant and now Lofts

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Every fan who attends the Riveters game Oct 20 receives a voucher for 2 tickets to a Devils game. It'll be a crappy game for sure, but free is free.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Honestly I'm tired of the excuses. Every year it's something.

It's not "excuses", it's the truth, and every year it's not "something", it's the same thing.

That same thing is Devils front office not understanding the basics of supply & demand, as well as not understanding the importance of growth dynamics in business. Every. Year.

Were I in charge, I'd fire the ticketing brass with their worthless, beer-chugging "sports marketing" degrees from me too colleges.

I'd leave some people in place that understand the specifics of sports/ticketing, and I'd hire several people from Wall Street who attended real colleges where you needed to do more than draw a picture of a turtle or a pirate to gain admittance, and who've actually had real responsibility & knowledge in a supply & demand environment.

It should be noted, however, that I've been saying this since I joined this website in 2007, so I'm not holding my breath.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Our fan base is ridiculously cheap. That's an absolute truth. Have you tried selling tickets to any of the people in the Facebook groups? I don't even waste my time anymore. They don't even want a fair market price, they want a free handout.

People bitch and moaned about the Elias game being too expensive even though it was the last jersey retirement ceremony we should be seeing in the next 10-15 years if not longer.

People from Wall Street wouldn't make a bit of difference because a very large portion of this fan base is extremely cheap.

Reactions: devsman84

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Our fan base is ridiculously cheap. That's an absolute truth. Have you tried selling tickets to any of the people in the Facebook groups? I don't even waste my time anymore. They don't even want a fair market price, they want a free handout.

People ***** and moaned about the Elias game being too expensive even though it was the last jersey retirement ceremony we should be seeing in the next 10-15 years if not longer.

People from Wall Street wouldn't make a bit of difference because a very large portion of this fan base is extremely cheap.

You said it perfectly. Cheap, cheap, and cheap.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

People ***** and moaned about the Elias game being too expensive even though it was the last jersey retirement ceremony we should be seeing in the next 10-15 years if not longer.

More than one thing can be true. I don't disagree the fanbase can be a bit 'spoiled' when it comes to pricing but the gameday pricing (and even some STH pricing) is also a bit unrealistic taking into account demand levels. I keep going back to when the 100's were $40 a game STH price and more gameday they were ghost towns - remember the Quebec fan invasion? - then they got slashed to $22-30 a game STH and they were packed, now they're trying the slow boil back to $40 and it's slowly emptying out again.

This isn't MSG with a fanbase of twenty million, you're not going to get people to pay $50-60 gameday prices for upper corner seats in the 200's

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
It's not "excuses", it's the truth, and every year it's not "something", it's the same thing.

That same thing is Devils front office not understanding the basics of supply & demand, as well as not understanding the importance of growth dynamics in business. Every. Year.

When new management came in, some of the guys up top referenced wanting to be similar to the Yankees which was a poor example because the Yankees have even had to reluctantly revamp their ticketing approach in recent years because the demand isn't the same as it once was and they had their notable public battles with the secondary ticket market. They've revamped certain areas of their stadium to offer cheaper, more competitive options to fans because many areas weren't filled otherwise and still don't fill and because of this generational difference they've also spoken about.

The Devils guys came in without trying to figure out their market and rather came in with a one size fits all plan type mentality. There is a happy medium in between. They haven't figured that out yet. If they continue with such an approach, they'll have to learn the hard way about this market.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
So my coworker and I kinda screwed up buying tickets to the home opener with each of us thinking the other had a 3rd person lined up. So we have a spare ticket to sell. Sec 21 row 2. Not asking for the world or anything but if anyone has a reasonable offer we’ll consider it.

Ticket gone

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
More than one thing can be true. I don't disagree the fanbase can be a bit 'spoiled' when it comes to pricing but the gameday pricing (and even some STH pricing) is also a bit unrealistic taking into account demand levels. I keep going back to when the 100's were $40 a game STH price and more gameday they were ghost towns - remember the Quebec fan invasion? - then they got slashed to $22-30 a game STH and they were packed, now they're trying the slow boil back to $40 and it's slowly emptying out again.

This isn't MSG with a fanbase of twenty million, you're not going to get people to pay $50-60 gameday prices for upper corner seats in the 200's

$50-60 would be a good deal for the opener, with TM fees, well over $70
Tickets | New Jersey Devils vs. Washington Capitals - Newark, NJ at Ticketmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad