Hextall's next move

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I do NOT want Neil anywhere near this team. Rindaldo is a has been goon who can't do anything right except for skate hard. Do you really want to see that loser miss a check and lay another Flyer into the boards?

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Rinaldo's a terrible player and Neil's 100 years old, though still closer to what I think the team needs on that line than Raffl or Read.

This team got pushed around last year and when things boiled over, you had Simmonds or non-fighters running around fighting. That's BS and can't happen again.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
This is a week free agent group.

There are no goalies that make sense unless you want to see if Ryan Miller can give you two solid years but then again, why do you want two solid years out of Ryan Miller? We are rebuilding or we should be anyways.

On defense, the only game changer is Shattenkirk but I think he is an overrated D man who is only good on the PP. We don't need him. The only defenseman we need would be a mentor for the young guys. I think Markov would fit the bill beautifully.

On forward we definitely need help and I think Radulov would gel perfectly with Giroux. But it is probably unrealistic given our cap situation and his contract demands.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Rinaldo's a terrible player and Neil's 100 years old, though still closer to what I think the team needs on that line than Raffl or Read.

This team got pushed around last year and when things boiled over, you had Simmonds or non-fighters running around fighting. That's BS and can't happen again.

Probably should've traded a first and Leier for Reaves, amirite?!

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
This is a week free agent group.

There are no goalies that make sense unless you want to see if Ryan Miller can give you two solid years but then again, why do you want two solid years out of Ryan Miller? We are rebuilding or we should be anyways.

To give them a chance? I would take two solid years out of any goalie, what's the difference between having Ryan Miller or Jonathon Bernier? You want the same out of both until Hart is ready, hopefully, in 2 years. Stolarz is the closest kid, so unless you give him the reigns any goalie we acquire this summer will have the same expectations.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Unfunny snark, come on

Raffl for a physical presence would be welcome

Raffl offers useful physicality: strong board play, great possession numbers. Getting an undisciplined player who fights is the last thing the Flyers need right now...

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Raffl offers useful physicality: strong board play, great possession numbers. Getting an undisciplined player who fights is the last thing the Flyers need right now...

I don't want undisciplined. I want energy, and for those 8 to 10 games in the regular season that get extra chippy a guy who can shoulder the burden that Simmonds (mostly) has had to.

Raffl is big and strong but not particularly physical. He is not intimidating and not a real force on the forecheck.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I don't want undisciplined. I want energy, and for those 8 to 10 games in the regular season that get extra chippy a guy who can shoulder the burden that Simmonds (mostly) has had to.

Raffl is big and strong but not particularly physical. He is not intimidating and not a real force on the forecheck.

Energy and chippyness might as well mean undisciplined. Not interested in another player with 100+ PIM

CoutseysCorner92

Jul 19, 2010

you guys see rinaldo changed his twitter picture to when he was on the flyers. hope that isn't some sort of sign

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
you guys see rinaldo changed his twitter picture to when he was on the flyers. hope that isn't some sort of sign

I think we had the only "fan base" that liked him. If he gets bounced out of the NHL/ahl I could see him coming back to the area and doing autograph tours. The tween/teen aged girls loved him because he was cute, and the bone heads loved him because he tried hitting hard.
When I was at a Voracek/Rinaldo signing, it was pretty close to a 50/50 split on who was there for who.

LI Fly Guy

Feb 28, 2008
Long Island
You win in this league with skill. We have plenty of guys that will be physical. Simmonds, Patrick, Gudas, Morin, and even Weise if he cracks the lineup is more than enough sandpaper.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
If Morin makes the team he will more then cover the toughness quota this team has been lacking. Not many teams in the league will be able to handle Morin, Gudas and Simmonds level of toughness and physicality. BTW personally wouldn't mind the suggestion of a more physical player on the 4th line but its not a priority with Morin coming

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
We don't need idiots who can run around and chase the puck hitting people, we need guys who will manage the puck. The toughness this team needs is mental, not physical. Too many times they were the better team early but had one breakdown or fluke goal go in against them and you would watch them just wilt.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall's next move: a long nap.
After he wakes up, probably find a goalie.
Other than that, nothing until training camp, when he oversees his new flock and maybe culls a black sheep.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Morin is really going to have to step up the physical element to his game next year. I am assuming he starts in the nhl and if he does he is going to make it in this league by playing tough minutes, being a great pker and fighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad