Hextall's next move

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'm really interested in Galchenyuk for futures. Depending on the contract, could be worth parting with the two 2018 firsts.

I have never seen Galchenyuk play. His numbers seem uninspiring. What makes him a good player to obtain? Does he have upside? You'd think after 5 years his numbers would be better unless this is all he is going to give.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
has Miller even given any indication he would come back east.

Haven't heard but if he would then he should be a target. Realistically who needs a starting goaltender??

Calgary, Vancouver and us (maybe the Jets). If your Miller i'd think were the most attractive option by far. I know his wife is from the west coast but if he was going to resign with the worst team in the league (Canucks) it would've happened already imo. If we could get Miller and a viable top 4 dman things would be looking real good for 2017/2018 imo

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Haven't heard but if he would then he should be a target. Realistically who needs a starting goaltender??

Calgary, Vancouver and us (maybe the Jets). If your Miller i'd think were the most attractive option by far. I know his wife is from the west coast but if he was going to resign with the worst team in the league (Canucks) it would've happened already imo. If we could get Miller and a viable top 4 dman things would be looking real good for 2017/2018 imo

Calgary traded for Mike Smith. So scratch them off the list.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

Didn't CAL pick up Smith from ARZ?

I would rather have Mason but I could see Hexy squeeze DAL for one of their goalies in exchange for Lehtera maybe.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I have never seen Galchenyuk play. His numbers seem uninspiring. What makes him a good player to obtain? Does he have upside? You'd think after 5 years his numbers would be better unless this is all he is going to give.

We still have way too many holes to part with a future first rd pick. Were all excited about the prospects but until they step in and actually produce we have a team that's roster is not good enough to make the playoffs and likely will be bottom 5-10. Now if Sanheim, Patrick, Morin, Lindbolm, Konecny all contribute to their potential then were talking about a team that can be a huge surprise (similar to Leafs in 2016/17) if they all struggle its going to be painful watching this team defend and try and score goals again (especially with Hakstol as a coach)

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Hextall's next move

hextall-gif.gif

Last edited:

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

Goalscoring ability at a bargain caphit. Galchenyuk would be the best ES goalscorer on the Flyers.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
HMMMM

Sam Carchidi‏Verified account @BroadStBull 1h1 hour ago
Hextall is trying hard to re-sign Jordan Weal. "He's a FA. I can't grab him by the throat" and make him re-sign. "He has choices," he said.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The Schenn trade is a clear indicator that Hextall is far more concerned about winning two, three, four years from now as opposed to this coming season. All the more reason that trading assets for a goalie is probably unwise when you can just sign someone like Bernier or Elliott to platoon with Neuvirth and hope that one of the younger goalies is ready to take a big step up over the next couple of years.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Flyers drafted 1 dman at the end of the draft, why in any world would Hextall sign/trade for a dman. He's clearly expecting the young players to make this roster.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
HMMMM

Sam Carchidi‏Verified account @BroadStBull 1h1 hour ago
Hextall is trying hard to re-sign Jordan Weal. "He's a FA. I can't grab him by the throat" and make him re-sign. "He has choices," he said.

Nothing's stopped him before, why stop now?

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Does anyone know how much money we will have for free agency,

What would be a good target.

Also how will our team look as far as lines,

Also AHL there lines

Be interesting

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's a decent goalie if used in tandem or a really good backup. More importantly options are limited which makes saying "he sucks" without commenting on what you would do extremely irritating.

Grubauer would be my target, I've been clear before that I prefer to exhaust the trade market. The Capitals are a good target since they lack draft picks, we have extra assets now. He is arbitration-eligible RFA. Division rivals or not, I think something can be done there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad