Hextall's next move

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Cam Ward isn't any good but he's likely not moving anyway due to a personal issue that requires him to be in Carolina. He'll likely be the backup to Darling there this year.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Just stay away from Cam Ward!
He has had like 5 bad seasons in a row and shouldn't even be in the NHL any more if not for a crazy stupid organization paying him for what he once did a decade ago...

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
we don't need a Dman. we have 2 spots open with Morin, Hagg and Sanheim all fighting for one.

Provorov - Gudas
Ghost - Morin
Manning - Sanheim/MacDonald/Hägg

That would be 2 rookie Dmen in the starting lineup if you don't want MacDonald in there. That's one too many. They do need a veteran Dman to be competitive and not rush anything. Are Sanheim and Morin really NHL ready? Give an outside shot for Myers too. I'd like if he was ready because he's a RHD. But that's not very probable. A right handed Karl Alzner with a good contract would be fine.

bobbyboucher24

May 9, 2002
Philadelphia, USA
Visit site
Regarding Hagg and Morin, I believe both should have the lead on making the Flyers out of camp. Hagg (22) has 3 full seasons with the Phantoms, and this season looks like he made significant strides. Morin will be 22 in 2 weeks, and he has 2 full seasons in the AHL. Sanheim with only 1 pro season could probably use some more time as could Myers to get acclimated to pro hockey.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'm just wondering if there are any teams trying to free cap space that Hextall could take advantage of? Nothing long-term, but like a 1 year 4 or 5 million dollar contract?

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Provorov - Gudas
Ghost - Morin

That would be 2 rookie Dmen in the starting lineup if you don't want MacDonald in there. That's one too many. They do need a veteran Dman to be competitive and not rush anything. Are Sanheim and Morin really NHL ready? Give an outside shot for Myers too. I'd like if he was ready because he's a RHD. But that's not very probable. A right handed Karl Alzner with a good contract would be fine.

If Morin isn't ready sometime this year, some doubt should start to creep in about his ability.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Provorov - Gudas
Ghost - Morin

Yes, Sanheim and Morin are NHL ready.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm just wondering if there are any teams trying to free cap space that Hextall could take advantage of? Nothing long-term, but like a 1 year 4 or 5 million dollar contract?

We only have $7m in space and still need another forward and another goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad