Speculation: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2019-2020 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
LuJo still out with a lower body injury and Nardella is considered week to week with an upper body injury. Adding Lewington will be another huge boost for this team

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Boyd always seems to do a lot with a small amount of ice time, surprised teams aren't calling about him
His possession metrics still tilt pretty heavily in the red and he's already 26 years old. He seems ideally suited for the type of role he has with the Capitals/Bears, as a #13-15 depth scoring forward.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Boyd reminds me of Sam Gagner but better than today's Gagner. I'm sure he could help depth scoring on a number of clubs (Edmonton included). Not the most well-rounded or fastest guy but ample skill and he seems to have figured out how to be patient/crafty and create offensive 5-on-5.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The injury Sutter is coming back from is the one from rookie tournament? That's a long time out

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
That is insane but when he slams on the brakes as he does isn't that stopping his forward motion?

Anyway, I thought it was sped up video when I first saw it on twitter.

I thought the rule was that the puck could not reverse its motion as in move away from the goal... not the player. In either case I think both the player and the puck in this video could have been called... but it was still sweet as sugar.

Matt Hendricks is jealous.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Sutter gets in to his first game at center and VV and Boyd held out due to the possibility of a Caps recall.

Bears "score" first but it's waived off for some reason. No idea what they called but it clearly went in.

Full highlights in the 3-0 loss

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Talked to Terry afterwards and the video they reviewed didn't show it definitely going in, so the no goal called on the ice stood.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Talked to Terry afterwards and the video they reviewed didn't show it definitely going in, so the no goal called on the ice stood.
Apparently the refs only have the overhead view at their disposal at the AHL level, which could definitely make it tough to get a good view. I’d be very interested to see the quality of the replay system that they get to take a look at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad